Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 0


Imago did her level best to try and hide innocently behind Amazon as the guys approached, but it didn't really end up working out due to the headband of hers poking out. Sighing, she eventually steps forward...

To see Catalyst puking on the AEGIS officer. She was strangely reactionless. Yup, it was one of those days. We might as well just take our entire team and sit in a big trash can, because that's roughly where our reputation has to be at this point.

Nevertheless, she quickly dashed forward, and tried her level best to keep herself from thinking how much she wanted to be on the other side of the planet right now. "Sorry!" Imago shrieks out. "Catalyst is sick! I'll fix it!"

Without waiting for a reply, she summoned up a small trickle of water, and washed it off the man's boots with it. Following that, using force, she gathered up the stuff on the floor that nearly turned her face green from nauseousness herself, and vaporized it.

As a finishing touch, she draws away the remaining water off his boots, leaving them good as new.

The job done, Imago does her level best to remain quiet and hope people failed to notice her. Of course, deep down she knew it wasn't going to work, but she couldn't stop herself from trying...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty

Oh good, AEGIS is here. I'll help Panopticon transfer over C4, return this gizmo and then go talk to the Offi... oh no. Why was Catalyst the first person for him to meet? Anyone else would have been fine, except maybe I- oh no! "Here! Give this back to the scientists!" Stuffing the mysterious object I rescued from C4 into Crackdown's hands, for the moment forgetting that he and Panopticon probably want to check out what it is, and hurry towards Catalyst, Imago and the leader of the AEGIS troop. What am I doing, letting them get put on the spot like that? I should be doing this, stupid, stupid, I should have been there already.

"Eeeexcuse me..." Sliding to a stop, I squeeze myself between Catalyst and the officer. "Sorry about that, she, oh - " Hey, Imago did a pretty good job cleaning up that mess! "good work Imago - she's a bit sick. But yes. Yes! We're the heroes who took care of this. We've got the villain behind it, C4, captured if you want to take her away, and we evactuated the civilians from the building and stabilized it, for the moment at least. Glad to have you here!" MakeAGoodImpressionmakeagoodimpression.

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

The AEGIS officer looks down at his boots as they are soiled, then cleaned in quick succession, and Amazing Amazon smoothly inserts herself into the conversation. His expression is unreadable, thanks again to the eye-covering helmet. At length, he says neutrally, "Don't worry about it." Then he glances over at the building, Imago's repair work very visible even from the outside. "My men will take custody of the attacker. But I'm gonna need an explanation. For everything," he adds pointedly.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty

Yeah, getting off to a great start. Good work Ema. "Wellll..." I glance back at the building as well, what part does he want explained? I suppose I should just start from the beginning? "C4 showed up, probably to steal that," I point at the object I handed to Crackdown, "and blew open the entrance, which alerted my team. We got here in time to stop her from attacking the scientists she'd cornered inside, but split herself into four copies and scattered. The rest of the team handled the three she left outside, while Panopticon and I followed the real one and got the thing back from her and knocked her out. Since she uses explosives, the building was pretty damaged from the four of her, so we evacuated the civilians from the building and Imago did, uh, that, to stop it from collapsing until you showed up..?" I... think that's about everything? Is it? I give the officer a somewhat uncertain smile.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 0


Imago, while doing her level best to heroically hide behind Amazon, pokes her head out. "T-That's right. The building was about to collapse, so I hastily made something to hold it up..." she explains. "It should hold until repairs can be made... P-Probably longer, actually..."

Having said her piece, she immediately cowers behing Amazon again.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0 |
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

Having soiled both his boots, and my probably quickly dying reputation in one fell swoop, it's so comforting that the others spring to my defence. Or at least to cover this massive lab accident of an initial meeting. I could kiss Imago right now. But I'm not going to. Because my mouth tastes like sulphur right now, and no one deserves that. I stumble away to throw up again a little further away. Plucking out a couple viles to poor on top of the steaming pile of poison. It hardens, and then crumbles into ash. Neutralised. I pull out a snapper, and give it a shake. Watching the two liquids within mix. It takes a few seconds, but I rip the packaging off and bit into it. It's flavourless, and rather weird texture. But it's vital to recover all of the nutrients I just lost from the detox. I choke the cake down, and re-join the others. Imago is looking pretty nervious, understandable really. She's not really a bad sort. Just...

....kinda totally on another level from the rest of us mere mortals. Yes, I'm still kinda mad at her. But she's still trying to help. I should at least thank her.

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:30 PM
@Catalyst (ArashiOfOrdo3): 2d6+1 Catalyst comforts and supports Imago = (6+6)+1 = 13

+1 Team

- - -

I come up behind her, and place a hand on Imago's shoulder. Squeezing gently. "And it's really good work too! Without that, they bombs would have brought the whole thing down on everyone. You did well Imago." I look at the soldier. "Sorry about your shoes. I... um... you caught me at a bad moment." The silence of his stare forces an awkward flush to my face. I'm doing that a lot today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 0

Imago, doing her best do pay attention to the AEGIS offical, so she misses Catalyst. Shuddering as her hand touches her shoulder, she suddenly disappears completely for a split second, reappearing to the side of Catalyst.

"EEK!" she cries out, rather lamely. Looking around, she realizes it was one of her teammates. "Sorry! Reactively teleported! Please don't scare me like that, Catalyst..."

Before Catalyst can turn towards the soldier, however, she finds herself surprised by her words. "You don't see me as one big screw-up...? ... Thanks, Cata. It means a lot to me. It really does."


I will open up to Catalyst's support and mark Potential.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Nov 28, 2017 around 01:00

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: + 3 | Superior: + 0 Mundane: +2 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

"Yep, that's right," I stand beside Amazing Amazon, trying my best to look as confident as I possibly can, "We whooped C4's butt, stopped her from stealing the thingamabob, and saved the day. The whole situation with the building could've been really bad, but thanks to Imago's quick thinking," I point a thumb at Imago's direction, "We managed to avoid a real disaster."

I glance over at Imago and Annie behind me, and flash them both a brief smile, letting them know "Hey! Don't worry about it! Everything's going to be okay!", and then turn my attention back to the AEGIS officer, standing confidently, looking at him where I think his eyes would be. I'm actually feeling super nervous right now, but I'm trying my best not to show it. I just gotta stay confident, just like my mom would!

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

The officer rubs his chin thoughtfully. "We'll have to do some investigating to make sure your story checks out. Wouldn't be the first time a group of kids lied to make themselves look good. Still, if what you say is true, it's pretty damned impressive." He pauses, cocks his head, and purses his lips. Then he shakes his head, turns, and walks toward the building, muttering something about "swear they look familiar."

The scene isn't over, but of you want to do some celebrating, comforting, etc., now's the time.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 0

As soon as the man leaves, almost all energy leaves Imago's body with her sigh of relief. Somehow, it was so very exhausting. She could probably fight beings of godlike power, but talking to a human being? Somehow always seemed so difficult.

She finally turns towards Catalyst. "We did it!" she exclaims with a tired smile. "And we didn't get into trouble for it... yet..."

Reaching out for a high five, Imago couldn't help but study her reaction. After all, she never could shake the feeling that she's terrifying, despite her best attempts... She hoped her teammates weren't, but she just had to be sure.


quote:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if there is any fear in their eyes when they look at you. If they say no, take +1 forward and mark potential. If they say yes, immediately shift your Danger up and Savior down.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2017 around 21:43

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty

I give Shining Star a quick grateful smile, she might not be the strongest hero on the team (by a long shot) but she's definitely got confidence, and I can use that right now. A lot.

That is, I thought I knew what needing a lot of confidence was, until the AEGIS officer walks away, making it clear that he didn't even know who I was. My mouth drops open in horror. I... I thought... "but... I'm..." Revolving slowly on the spot, I turn to look at Shining Star, complete shock and total existential despair written all over my face. "I'm... I'm..." Taking her by the shoulders, I stare into her eyes, shaking her slightly. "you... you know who I am. r-right?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: + 3 | Superior: + 0 Mundane: +2 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I blink at Amazing Amazon's question, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Of course I know who you are! You're Amazing Amazon! Your family are like, some of the most important heroes around, and they've done so much for the city!" Seriously, who hasn't heard of the Amazing Amazons!? "And you're, like, the most heroic person I know! You're always so brave, and so cool, and you kicked some serious butt out there!" I take her hands into my own, look her into her eyes, and say, "You're everything I aspire to be! You're like, my inspiration!" Wait, did I actually just blurt that out? Ugggh, I can't believe I said something as embarrassing as that out loud. Way to go, Star, now she's going to think you're lame.

"U-uh..." I start blushing a little, my eyes darting away from hers, "W-what I mean is.... I think you're, uh, really... cool?"

quote:

@Shining Star (Hugzilla): 2d6+3 Comforting/Supporting Amazing Amazon! (+1 from influence) = (5+2)+3 = 10

+1 team, and Amazing Amazon gets the usual if she opens up!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0 |
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

That was... exhausting. I can't believe that just happened. We got away with it. I don't understand what happened. I don't. I start to reach out to hug Star from behind. I just want to slump against her. Instead I jump as a hand is thrust into my slight line. It's Imago! I look at her hovering hand, then at her face, then back at her hand. There's no fear in my eyes, I'm a little startled sure. But I'm mostly just feeling lost. It occurs to me that she's waiting for something. I know I've... HIGH FIVE! I saw this on a TV show! Oh my god! What do I do? Wait, no, I've got this. It's fine!

I hesitantly pap my hand against hers. Feeling a giggle bubbling up through me. I did itttttttttt! My first high five! Oh, and my first super hero mission! But mostly a social interaction! It's like I'm an actual teenager and not dying!

- - -

Accepting the triumphant celebration: When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, give them Influence over you and spend 1 Team from the pool to clear one box on your doom track.

Giving Imago Influence

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 0
+1 Forward from Nova Triumph

Imago smiles. "You did great, Cata! Sorry for yelling at you earlier, I... kinda freaked out... my power was out of control and all..."


Advance get! I am picking one of the two "get 3 more Flares" advancements.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty

I sage in relief. I... really, I meant it as more of a rhetorical question, but, I'm definitely glad Star took it literally, and actually answered. I'm definitely in the mood to hear someone talking me up, even to myself. Some of the color and life seems to come back to my face as she praises me. Normally, I might have gotten - no, I definitely would have gotten - a bit embarrassed about being told I was anyone's inspiration, it's not like I've even been going for long, and, well, surely my mother or aunt or grandma or any of the old Amazon's would be better. But right now, it just makes me smile. But... this still leaves a big question. She knows who I am, but... Leaning in closer to her, I lower my voice to a hiss, glancing at the officer. "So... why doesn't he? Am I doing something wrong? Messing part of the look of an Amazing Amazon up? The appearance part just happens naturally, it's really nice not having to put on makeup or go to a hair stylist anymore, but... I think it means I haven't paid enough attention to how they stand, or act, or something? Because I haven't been worrying about it..?"

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a Condition and give them Influence over you.
Clearing Insecure from the comfort, guilty from the vulnerability

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Danger: +0 | Freak: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Conditions: None | Potential: 0 / 5 | Location: Shattered Streets in front of In-Gram Labs

With a brief shimmer of blue and a puff of displaced air, Panopticon reemerged from … whatever it was he’d been doing in In-Gram Labs while the rest of the team tried to smooth things over with the law. Of course, the broken hardscrabble of pavement underfoot kind of ruined the effect as it tried to slide out from under him, causing him to awkwardly thrust his arms out to counterbalance.

“Hey, I don’t mean to interrupt this great emotional outpouring…” he said, taking a few steps back before finding his footing, “But you guys are getting insecurity all over our good PR.” He teased, looking towards where the press was hurriedly setting up their cameras beyond the picket line set up by the law.

“Maybe we oughta clear out of here before Lieutenant No-Face does remember us? Things didn’t exactly go well before.” He said, making a gesture as though he was tossing something small, gentle and precious to the side with both hands.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0 |
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

"Oh, yeah, r-right. We should go. To home. We should go home." I say. What little confidence I had melting in front of those cameras. Having gotten an apology from Imago for yelling at me, I'm feeling... better. Even so, I reach out and hold onto Star's upper arm.

What? It's comforting and I might be unstable on my feet! Don't judge me, because I want to- It doesn't matter what I want to do with Star. All right? I'm not envious of the fact that Amazon is making her blush, no, I'm... I'm fine. I should just be happy I'm not sitting in some horrible hospital bed. Dying, a slow, horrible, painful death. At least here I have friends. At least here I matter.

"U-Um, Star...? C-Can I give you a lift home? B-Back to base I mean! Not your home. I mean I would take you home as well if you wanted me to. Just. Right now we're going to the base, right? SO obviously we'd be going there. And not your home. Where you live..." I cough. One day. One day I will talk to this girl without making a complete rear end out of myself.

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

"You should've stayed home in the first place." The voice comes from behind you, and belongs to a young woman, a pretty redhead who looks to be in her 20s. Her costume is of a fairly simple design - black with simple flame patterns - but is clearly indicates that she's a hero like yourselves. She doesn't seem especially happy to see any of you, but has a particularly fierce glare for Shining Star. "In case you couldn't figure it out, this is dangerous work," she says, her tone flat and hard. "People get hurt and die, and you won't be spared just because you're young. Doesn't matter how good you are. Even the best go down when their luck runs out." She gives Shining Star another look, and it's clear the next words are meant for her. "I'm not asking nicely this time. Go home, Claire."

This is pretty obviously Blaze, and she's trying to shift Shining Star's Mundane up and her Savior down. Take it or roll to reject her influence.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 Mundane: +3 | Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure

And of allll the people to show up right now, it had to be her. Is she going to be following me around wherever I go, just to tell me off all the time!? Doesn't she have anything better to do!? Ugh! Of course I know this is dangerous work! Nobody ever said that the life of a hero is ever easy, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try!

I open my mouth to retort back at her... but no actual words come out. I try to meet my sister's fierce gaze... but I can't. "...Tch!" I look away from my sister, frustrated at my inability to say anything to her right now. Ugh, what is wrong with me!? It's not like I did that bad during the fight, right!? I still helped! I... I saved those people, didn't I!? I.... I.... I...

...

...I was completely useless...

All I did... was stand around and do nothing. Amazing Amazon, Imago, Crackdown, Panopticon, Annie.... they did all the work, and I... I couldn't do anything. They have all those amazing powers, and I... I'm just a girl with a stick, and a bike, who's constantly struggling to catch up to them. Maybe... maybe Alex is right. Maybe I should just... stop. Stop pretending that I could be an actual hero...

...No. No! I can't stop! I've come to far to stop now! "N-no!" I finally manage to shout out, "I'm not... I'm not going h-home! I'm not... I'm not going to stop being a hero! So just... so just leave me alone already!" My entire body is trembling. I can't stop shaking. Whatever brave face I was putting on starts to break, and I could feel my eyes start to well up as I start to feel more and more frustrated with myself.

quote:

@Shining Star (Hugzilla): 2d6 rejecting blaze's influence = (1+1) = 2

Welp. At least I got some Potential! Marking Insecure.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0 |
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

I look at this girl, this redhead, she glares back at us. Launching into a tirade. Aiming blow after verbal blow at Star. To see her so hurt, so upset. It made my blood boil. It made me angry. I'm not someone who likes confrontation. Punching people is one thing, but speaking to someone? Oh god no! But I've got something up my sleeve. Well, er, in my bag. I pull out the little golden veil. I put my hand on Star's shoulder. Stepping forward. This was stupid! This was crazy! I'm not a public speaker! Blaze is practically a full grown adult. But I'm not the kinda girl who could let this fly.

"H-Hey!" I start, and tip back the liquid courage. It hit me immediately. A warm passionate glow filled my chest. Like I'd swallowed a hot ember. "Just who the hell do you think you are!?" I snarl. The potion might be a little more concentrated then I thought it was...

- - -

@Catalyst (ArashiOfOrdo3): 2d6+2 Catalyst attempts to defend Star from her... uhh, who is this girl? = (6+3)+2 = 11

- Taking influence on Star, which given I've already got it. So shifting Mundane down, and Savior up!

- - -

"I didn't see you put your rear end on the line! I don't think I've ever seen you actually step up. Just wait for the fighting to be over, and then run over to bitch at Star like somehow all of this is her fault! You know what? I'm already dying, so who gives a poo poo? gently caress YOU! YOU STUCK UP BITCH! What? You think you're better then Star? That you're somehow wiser? Because you've got powers and she doesn't? When the hell did that matter?! She's fighting along side us! Yeah, she doesn't have any powers! She's human! She's armed with a stick! A STICK!"

I grab Star's hand and hold it firmly. Taking a step forward towards Blaze. But there's a fire in my eyes, a fire she can't control.

"But you know what? She's loving here! She's here and fighting the same people we are! The people who could just as easily kill us! Or kill you, if you stopped being a total cow and questioning the bravest girl I've ever met and actually did something helpful!! She doesn't have to be here! She could just go back to be a normal girl! But she's doing what's right!! She's standing up to the bad guys!! She's a shining beacon to everyone of courage and strength! AND SHE'S AMAZING!! If you cared about her! Truly cared about her! You'd help her! Not try and tear her down at every opportunity! Because what do you think it's going to do? Make her give up? Or maybe shake her confidence enough to get hurt? Well, I'm not going to let you!!!"

I let go of Star's hand and march right up into Blaze's face. Okay, more like her chest. She's... she's really tall. But Courage makes you do all kinds of crazy things. Right now, I'm thinking crazy.

"Do you have any idea how much pain you cause her?! You're supposed to be her sister! So why are you attacking her like you're one of the bad guys?! You're never going to stop her from wanting to be a hero! She's always going to be a better hero then you are! SHE MAKES ME WANT TO BE A BETTER HERO! SOMEONE SHE COULD BE PROUD OF!! You? You make me want to slap that sneer of your stupid freckly face! How dare you! How dare you!!" Oh god, I'm getting tearful. Courage is great, but really really short lived.

"So I'm gonna say this once. Ether help her, or go away! And if you still think you can push her around. Then you're gonna have to go through me!" I pant, hands shaking. My heart is hammering, and I'm seeing stars. I'm gonna need to drink at least three stabilisers to calm back down.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 0
+1 Forward from Nova Triumph

Imago appears between the two, with a sudden gust of wind indicating she got there by the way of superspeed. "Hold on you guys! Please calm down!" she pleads, looking worriedly between both parties. "Let's not fight here, okay?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 Mundane: +2 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

I could only stand in slight shock as Annie verbally tears into my sister. That's... gosh. I don't think I've ever seen her get so angry before, and she's angry... for my sake. Does she really think that highly of me, of all people?

"Annie," I put my hand on her shoulder, "It's fine. It's not worth getting so worked up over this." I give her a small smile, and add, in a quiet voice, so only she could hear me, "Thanks, though. It really means a lot." I look at my sister now, meeting her gaze, and say, "Sorry, sis. I know you're worried about me, but I've come to far to just give up and go home now. I know the risks, and so did our mom, and that never stopped her from trying. This is what I'm doing now, so you might as well accept it."

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

"I am trying to help her," Blaze says to Catalyst. Her tone is even and her expression neutral, but the way she's clenching her fists suggests that the other girl's outburst hit home. "You're right Claire. Mom also did this, despite not having powers. And look what happened to her!" Her calm demeanor cracks, her voice betraying both anger and frustration. "She was a grown woman, and she could make her own choices. But you... Whatever you try to tell me, Claire, You are still a kid. Things are going to be even more dangerous for you than for her, and..." Her anger seems to drain away, and she deflates a bit, but the determination and frustration remain. "And I'm not going to lose you too. Even if it means I have to drag you back home myself."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0 |
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

I grit my teeth, and look away. I feel awful. But the fact that I came to her defence seemed really important to Star. That made it worth it.

"I don't know how that feels. I'm sorry you lost your Mom, both of you. But your attempts to protect her are only pushing her away. You'll lose her anyway! Not... physically, but emotionally." I look her in the eye. "I always wanted a Sister who cared like you do. Well... cared as much as you do. But you're not going to save her by babying her. Imagine how you'd feel if your Mom had done that to you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 |

Oh he-ck, things are going to crap so fast, what's happening? Just when I think I've got a handle on one thing, another one starts, first Blaze, then Star, then Catalyst just totally lets loose on Blaze, this needs to stop! I hurry forward between the three of them, standing next to Imago, holding a hand out towards Blaze and one towards Catalyst. "Back up, okay Catalyst? I know you think you're right, but Blaze is trying to do what she thinks is best for Star too? Blaze, I know you think this is too dangerous for her, and you might be right, but, how are you going to stop her? Lock her up? If you dragged her home, she'd just go run off as soon as you left her alone, she wants to save people! Don't you think it's better for her to be with us? We can look after her. You know who I am - " I really hope, though I'm not nearly as confident after the officer... "Whose better to keep an eye on her than an Amazing Amazon?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:24 AM
@Amazing Amazon (godfish): 2d6+1 provoke Blaze (actually do I have influence on her from the 'when we first came together' bit? If so its +2 = (5+5)+1 = 11
well, guess it doesn't matter :V

  • Locked thread
«2 »