Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in.

I'll post stuff later about likes / dislikes etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

If you;re interested in signing up make sure you actually, you know, sign up. Right now there's only two of us, which is fine I guess but it's sure going to ruin the surprise.

Yes this.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I bought stuff last year online and had it shipped directly. Shipping costs are really crappy in canada and I figured the money was better spent on another book for my giftee.

This is a strategy that works no matter where in the world you or your giftee live.

Also - can we have a dollar amount to aim for? I don't want to be a dick but getting a 10$ MSRP book last year, without any other added individual touch (like even a note or something to indicate this wasn't just a way for my Santa to score a good deal) was lovely.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 11, 2017

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
As for me - I’m interested in weird comics with crazy art and hard boiled detective or noir stuff. I’m also interested in Conan and Usagi and things of that nature like Lone Wolf and Cub.

For noir / detective criminal - so far I have only #2 and #7, or Parker - I have none of that yet, though I’ve read it (and loved it). I have most of the rest of both of their work.

For weird you need to go pretty weird for me to definitely not have it. I have too many floppies to mention at this point, including a ton of old vertigo and mid 2000s image.

For Conan and Usagi, I have a handful of floppies but otherwise nothing.

My favourite creators are Brubaker, Cooke, Hickman, and Stan Sakai.

I’m also doing a complete marvel reading project. I have a ton of the old essentials and a few of the marvel TPB lines so not looking for books from back then, but if you can think of supplemental material to the list I’m definitely game for that.

I have a ton of floppies and a ton of TPBs and a ton of books including hardcover comics. I prefer TPBs for reading. I adore my physical media, so nothing digital please.

Uhhhh that’s it.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was late as hell sending my gift out this year. Sorry! (it should be there in ~5 business days)

I ... followed the wishlist. Very curious to see the reaction. :)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno if we’re letting cats out of the bag about who the Santa’s are, but I think I know who mine is. I got mine the other day and wasn’t going to open it but after Retro posted I said screw it and opened it last night.

It’s amazing.

I’ll post details when I get home. I’m slightly ashamed I didn’t put near as much legwork into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

As with most of the rules in my SSes it's "Do whatever you want who cares"

Also personally I like knowing because I'm in 3 different ones and it's good to know if something got missed. I'm just assuming the package I got is from here because they're both comics

It was.

• Locked thread