Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Vince loves guys rejecting him, Neville will be US champ by Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Jack Swagger and Zeb Coulter Tea Party gimmick was one of my favorites from the last decade

RIP Jack

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sandman McMahon posted:

On one hand, yeah I agree. On the other, it really seemed like Neville had finally started to find his place in the company and was beginning to establish a character that, imo of course, could have slotted nicely into the upper card of either show. If they can come to terms and give Adrian a real main roster push, well I'd kinda like to see that too.

At this point I don't think that's ever gonna happen. I'd rather Neville be able to dictate his own future and work in places that will actually appreciate him than stick around and maybe get a push so he can have the illustrious job of losing to Roman or losing to Corbin.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

At this point I don't think that's ever gonna happen. I'd rather Neville be able to dictate his own future and work in places that will actually appreciate him than stick around and maybe get a push so he can have the illustrious job of losing to Roman or losing to Corbin.

If Neville were being offered 'job to Roman regularly' he would have never left. Right now he's thousands of miles below 'job to Roman' territory.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Jack Swagger and Zeb Coulter Tea Party gimmick was one of my favorites from the last decade

RIP Jack

Solid gimmick that was simultaneously a little too early and a little too late for it's time. WWE should do a white nationalist/facist character right now, that'd gently caress some poo poo up.

But on the other hand dude would probably be the biggest face in the company by the second ppv, maybe it's for the best that they leave that one alone...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Enzo defending against Kalisto is the preshow Sunday

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Enzo defending against Kalisto is the preshow Sunday

Sure, Enzo sucks in the ring, but he's a good talker and he'll put some eyes on 205 Live and make it relevant!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

VJeff posted:

I get and mostly agree with what you're saying, I just feel like Neville is one of those workers that was always going to be a 'match' guy and not a 'character/storyline' guy, so when all of a sudden he started busting out some pretty drat solid character work, well, clearly he had been putting in the effort behind the scenes. In a perfect world I'd like to see that work pay off in the place where character poo poo is the bread and butter, the sweet, sweet matches are just the cherry on top.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Going "Hey, this is just this dude's fake name." is good when you do it sparingly. One time, Seth made fun of Finn's name and said that'd be like calling himself RAMBO APOCALYPSE and it was effective because it led into the Demon King reveal anyway. Black doing it there is because he's explicitly rejecting Dream's demands for attention and that Black "say his name".

In both of those cases, it's being done for a reason that aids the story which is about as far away from Russo as you can get, when you think about it.

Well also saying “Velveteen Dream” is a fake name isn’t exactly pulling open any curtains.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sandman McMahon posted:

Solid gimmick that was simultaneously a little too early and a little too late for it's time. WWE should do a white nationalist/facist character right now, that'd gently caress some poo poo up.

But on the other hand dude would probably be the biggest face in the company by the second ppv, maybe it's for the best that they leave that one alone...

If they went so far beyond that line that the guy almost got murdered in the parking lot, it would work (*I don't exactly support this but as long as he's insanely heel and vilified to satanic levels, WWE's done worse). I mean my god there were attacks on dudes that were heels during the time when wrestling was so hot that it could've outshone the sun.

Now it's like "lol your diddle isn't as cool as my diddle and maybe you're GAY". And you go "k" and wait for some other rear end in a top hat to prance out and do the same thing or for Bray to get buried after having some cool theatrics stuff build up to his match.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

If they went so far beyond that line that the guy almost got murdered in the parking lot, it would work (*I don't exactly support this but as long as he's insanely heel and vilified to satanic levels, WWE's done worse). I mean my god there were attacks on dudes that were heels during the time when wrestling was so hot that it could've outshone the sun.

Now it's like "lol your diddle isn't as cool as my diddle and maybe you're GAY". And you go "k" and wait for some other rear end in a top hat to prance out and do the same thing or for Bray to get buried after having some cool theatrics stuff build up to his match.

Don't forget yelling at each other on twitter

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
“Jack Swagger to Bellator” is like peanut butter and jelly, it just goes perfectly together

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Bard Maddox posted:

“Jack Swagger to Bellator” is like peanut butter and jelly, it just goes perfectly together

I am really trying to figure out how a pure wrestler could possibly compete in MMA. I mean okay I'm sure he could stretch somebody pretty good if they had to start in a greco roman defensive posture or something, but what the hell is he going to do when someone goes for a super man punch ??

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Platypus Farm posted:

I am really trying to figure out how a pure wrestler could possibly compete in MMA. I mean okay I'm sure he could stretch somebody pretty good if they had to start in a greco roman defensive posture or something, but what the hell is he going to do when someone goes for a super man punch ??

Bellator heavyweights are extremely bad and amateur wrestling is the best base (other than soccer) for MMA.

Even said they will have to dig mighty deep for a can bad enough for Swagger to beat.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

the best base (other than soccer) for MMA.

This sounds interesting, can you elaborate?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Platypus Farm posted:

Jack Swagger is already a step ahead of CM Punk, who AFAIK did not have an amateur wrestling (or fighting for that matter) background.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Swagger/Punk Bellator edition, let's go

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Jack Swagger is the most Bellator WWE guy from the last ten years

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Eli Wiggum posted:

Lol if you give a poo poo about being "Internet cool"

I admit I've cared very deeply about this in my past.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

This sounds interesting, can you elaborate?

It's a weird dumb thing Joe Rogan said about Jose Aldo once.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

It's a weird dumb thing Joe Rogan said

You'll have to be way more specific

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Von_Doom posted:

I watched that and thought it was very professional and super nice that New Day closed out the show and gave something extra to the fans left after the cameras stopped rolling. I’ve been to shows where the baby face jumped right back up and posed like there was no beat down a minute or two ago. New Day rocks. This was not sarcasm and I think it was cool and good.

I attended a Smackdown taping a couple years back that ended with Luke Gallows laid out in the middle of the ring. As the fans left the building, Luke crawled at an agonizingly slow speed out of the ring, and up the ramp. My friends and I decided to hang around and cheer him on. After five-ten minutes, he made it to the top of the ramp, sighed, looked around, and gave a little wave in the direction of my friends and me.

I thought the whole thing was hilarious. Kayfabe is a hoot.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine being so bad at MMA that you couldn't beat Jack Swagger in his first fight. I can't wait to see where Bellator finds that guy.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Benne posted:

Imagine being so bad at MMA that you couldn't beat Jack Swagger in his first fight. I can't wait to see where Bellator finds that guy.

CM Punk currently driving to Portillo's to begin bulking up to Heavyweight

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

Already on their roster

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sandman McMahon posted:

Just read on a lovely re-post site that PWinsider is saying Neville might be back within the month, so that's pretty cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Yeah, Punk is still under UFC Contr-

CubsWoo posted:

CM Punk currently driving to Portillo's to begin bulking up to Heavyweight

gently caress.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

If they're going to leave him stuck in purgatory like this, he might as well wrestle, make some money, then bail.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Writer Cath posted:

If they're going to leave him stuck in purgatory like this, he might as well wrestle, make some money, then bail.

They are going to give him back the cape and actually give him Might Mouse ears.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

rovert posted:

They are going to give him back the cape and actually give him Might Mouse ears.

Capes are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/status/930210175927111680

• Locked thread