Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Young Bucks get mad online a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eli Wiggum posted:

Lol if you give a poo poo about being "Internet cool"

I think it's very clear that I don't. Unless you're agreeing with me, I can't tell.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Extremely hosed up that making fun of Giant corporation gave birth to internet Nazis

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm dumb, let's just move on.

I realize this is more NXT but I'm telling you guys now Patrick Clark is gonna be the best Tough Enough result possibly ever. Holy poo poo the dude has emerged in a way I never could've fathomed.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

It's... it's all I have

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm dumb, let's just move on.

I realize this is more NXT but I'm telling you guys now Patrick Clark is gonna be the best Tough Enough result possibly ever. Holy poo poo the dude has emerged in a way I never could've fathomed.

yeah hes cool I'm very surprised by it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That kind of thinking helped to get us the rise of "ironic" White Nationalist America.
ilu foochs but lmao

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I agree, you should like WWE because they are good, but they are also kinda lovely, so you shouldn't like them too much. Like them the exact right amount and we're cool.

Edit: wait, is that Internet cool, or irl cool? Am I kayfabe cool or shoot cool? I don't knooooow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

ilu foochs but lmao

Making fun of the company that gave five million to Trump and has an award named after a White Nationalist made us all Nazis.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

yeah hes cool I'm very surprised by it

Somebody here (I forget who) hit the nail on the head when they said if WWE had a loving clue they'd have known he was The One from that season the moment he was the only one who watched Beast In The East and his reaction was both "wrestling is cool" but ALSO that he was observing the craft he was trying to learn. To be fair they retained him and it probably worked out better for him in the end, it's just another case of WWE's baffling dumbness.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

St Evan Echoes posted:

ilu foochs but lmao

I said let's move on but I'm not saying it's literally the same thing, I'm saying I get the same cringe-worthy vibes of needing acceptance from it. I expressed it badly because I am tired and also, as established previously, dumb.

The attitude isn't toxic in this case at all, but I do find it annoying.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I fel you dude, but otoh "your annoying little brother" is pretty much the Bucks gimmick

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Theres only one cool person and its viscera

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

St Evan Echoes posted:

I fel you dude, but otoh "your annoying little brother" is pretty much the Bucks gimmick

I know.. That's why I say they're extremely good at what they do.

Here, would it be better if I said I feel like tons of wrestling fans and internet people in general about tons of different subjects are trying to be even shittier versions of The Young Bucks and it grates on my nerves? That's probably a better way to articulate it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I haven't watched all the segments, but Velveteen Dream and Aleister Black is a way loving better feud than I thought it was gonna be and is probably the match I'm most excited for at Takeover.

Having said that I feel like there's...probably a ceiling on the Velveteen Dream gimmick he's gonna hit sooner rather than later.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Too Sweet me Mien Führer.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

VJeff posted:

I haven't watched all the segments, but Velveteen Dream and Aleister Black is a way loving better feud than I thought it was gonna be and is probably the match I'm most excited for at Takeover.

Having said that I feel like there's...probably a ceiling on the Velveteen Dream gimmick he's gonna hit sooner rather than later.

Well lets just get there first :)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I think the Black/Dream feud would've been better if they hadn't had Black cut that backstage promo where he was talking about the Velveteen Dream.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mostly I'm just thinking of the godawful things they'd make him do on the main roster with that gimmick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The idea of Velveteen Dream annoys me greatly.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I know.. That's why I say they're extremely good at what they do.

Here, would it be better if I said I feel like tons of wrestling fans and internet people in general about tons of different subjects are trying to be even shittier versions of The Young Bucks and it grates on my nerves? That's probably a better way to articulate it.
That is an extremely good opinion yeah

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

The idea of Velveteen Dream annoys me greatly.

I used to agree but I feel like they're executing it pretty well. Or perhaps more accurately Clark is doing good work with lovely, awkward material?

That theme is a banger though and I'll hear no besmirching of it.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Mostly I'm just thinking of the godawful things they'd make him do on the main roster with that gimmick.

You're right, they'd probably make him have a feud with Dolph Ziggler

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bellator signed FKA Jack Swagger apparently

uhhhhh okay

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eli Wiggum posted:

Don't most people have a hard enough time being cool in real life? I always thought the internet was the place where we could relax and feel free to sperg about Doctor Who, MechaStalin and how Jon "Bones" Jones is a complete and utter tool. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I know Jon Jones is a twit but he looked so promising 7 years back or so. Still can't believe Brock killed Mike Hunt. Brock murdered him and buried him in his Saskatchewan compound I tells ya.

MassRafTer posted:

Making fun of the company that gave five million to Trump and has an award named after a White Nationalist made us all Nazis.
Just as long as we aren't Illinois nazis. I mean... jeez.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Too Sweet me Mien Führer.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

I think the Black/Dream feud would've been better if they hadn't had Black cut that backstage promo where he was talking about the Velveteen Dream.

I actually thought that was great strictly because Aleister very deliberately called him Patrick. It was a "gently caress you, I'm not acknowledging you how you want to be" and plays well into the story. I suppose you could argue it's got some Russo notes, but this is the rare instance where I feel like it works.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Going "Hey, this is just this dude's fake name." is good when you do it sparingly. One time, Seth made fun of Finn's name and said that'd be like calling himself RAMBO APOCALYPSE and it was effective because it led into the Demon King reveal anyway. Black doing it there is because he's explicitly rejecting Dream's demands for attention and that Black "say his name".

In both of those cases, it's being done for a reason that aids the story which is about as far away from Russo as you can get, when you think about it.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Just read on a lovely re-post site that PWinsider is saying Neville might be back within the month, so that's pretty cool.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Bucks are great but their gimmick is less internet irony and more post-kayfabe meta. They're smarks who wrestle.

And everyone in wrestling, everyone in media, is a dude on the internet trying to get eyeballs. Thats what media is.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Remember when Orton hurt his shoulder while hitting the mat?.

I don't.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if u think about it we could have renamed his whole run to Springtime for Jinder

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MotU posted:

if u think about it we could have renamed his whole run to Springtime for Jinder

drat it

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
don't be stupid be a smarty
lets all have a superkick party

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
We must secure the existence of superkicks and a future for Young Bucks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/930154549414948874

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sandman McMahon posted:

Just read on a lovely re-post site that PWinsider is saying Neville might be back within the month, so that's pretty cool.

It sounds like they're not gonna release him so I hope he just comes and plays out his contract, then fucks off.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As I said in the NXT thread, Black/Dream need to be enemies/best friends/rivals/boyfriends all the way through their WWE careers a la Sami/Kevin. I don't know what it is about their characters but they fit so well together

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Good Jobb Bigg Hoss

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

VJeff posted:

It sounds like they're not gonna release him so I hope he just comes and plays out his contract, then fucks off.

On one hand, yeah I agree. On the other, it really seemed like Neville had finally started to find his place in the company and was beginning to establish a character that, imo of course, could have slotted nicely into the upper card of either show. If they can come to terms and give Adrian a real main roster push, well I'd kinda like to see that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

projecthalaxy posted:

Theres only one cool person and its viscera

I still miss the big man every day

• Locked thread