Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
They had to edit out 5 minutes of Sami praising The Lion of Damascus Bashar al-Assad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Luigi Thirty posted:

Sports Illustrated says Owens and Zayn’s “offense was going into business for themselves” during the Smackdown taping and they were kicked off the tour by Vince for Conduct Detrimental To The WWE.

dammit! they're getting over out there !!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Sports Illustrated says Owens and Zayn’s “offense was going into business for themselves” during the Smackdown taping and they were kicked off the tour by Vince for Conduct Detrimental To The WWE.

It has to be a work, that's literally the story they're telling with them right now.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
why even bother working the fans like this

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I could totally see WWE getting real mad that KOSZ were pretty accurately pointing out the heelish and unfair behavior of Shane McMahon with this entire Survivor Series thing.

I don't get the Shane booking at all. Like, even beyond this Survivor Series thing (which I don't think makes any sense on its face) they seemed to book Daniel Bryan to explicitly show what a good and professional authority figure does in the face of a belligerent and antagonistic heel wrestler. I'm not usually a "the heels are the real faces" gut but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be seeing Shane as anything but a shithead who thinks the world revolves around him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bill Goldberg posted:

why even bother working the fans like this

Because now a bunch of people are talking about WWE on a Wednesday and will want to watch the next Smackdown to see if Sami and Kevin are on or if they're mysteriously absent.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

STAC Goat posted:

I could totally see WWE getting real mad that KOSZ were pretty accurately pointing out the heelish and unfair behavior of Shane McMahon with this entire Survivor Series thing.

I don't get the Shane booking at all. Like, even beyond this Survivor Series thing (which I don't think makes any sense on its face) they seemed to book Daniel Bryan to explicitly show what a good and professional authority figure does in the face of a belligerent and antagonistic heel wrestler. I'm not usually a "the heels are the real faces" gut but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be seeing Shane as anything but a shithead who thinks the world revolves around him.

Its easy once you remember that the McMahons are the only true stars and heroes of WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn went against a creative directive given to them before SmackDown last night and we’re told it contributed to them being sent home.

Multiple sources tell us Sami and Kevin were supposed to “feed” for New Day following Zayn vs. Kofi Kingston yesterday, but for some reason they didn’t follow directions and left the ring.

The PWTorch glossary of insider wrestling terms defines “feeding” as: “The heel’s role during a babyface comeback where he runs at the babyface only to be repeatedly fended off, with the hope that the series of bumps by the heel will generate positive fan heat for the babyface.”

Owens hit the ring as soon as the match ended and attacked Kofi as planned. However, he and Sami quickly bailed from the ring. New Day then stood waiting, same for the sound crew who didn’t play anyone’s music, and the segment ended awkwardly when the two wrestlers seemingly went off script by not taking their planned beating afterward.

Since publishing the story on Owens/Zayn being sent home, multiple sources reached out saying the duo have been slightly difficult to work with lately and seem unhappy backstage.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/details-zayn-owens-sent-home/

quote:

Multiple sources tell us Sami and Kevin were supposed to “feed” for New Day following Zayn vs. Kofi Kingston yesterday, but for some reason they didn’t follow directions and left the ring.

Owens hit the ring as soon as the match ended and attacked Kofi as planned. However, he and Sami quickly bailed from the ring. New Day then stood waiting, same for the sound crew who didn’t play anyone’s music, and the segment ended awkwardly when the two wrestlers seemingly went off script by not taking their planned beating afterward.

Since publishing the story on Owens/Zayn being sent home, multiple sources reached out saying the duo have been slightly difficult to work with lately and seem unhappy backstage.

It’s worth noting that they were both close with recently fired writer Jimmy Jacobs and Neville (who hasn’t been heard from since walking out).

e: gently caress

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Clearly this is all a work to create the deadly faction of KOSZJJN.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21N3BS9sSmU&t=108s

Judge for yourself, I suppose.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Owens and Zayn played too much League the other day, and forgot this time they were supposed to feed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno if I buy it, you can see Big E kick Owens out of the ring and then hear Xavier yelling "GET HIM OUTTA HERE!" in reference to Sami while they kick him out too.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gee, given how especially Sami has been booked recently, I wonder how they could ever be unhappy with their job.

"Hey Sami, we're gonna push you as a heel now, and to really get you over, we'll have you lose two weeks in a row, including getting pinned clean after a crossbody. Hope you're okay with that."

Looking forward to seeing Steen and Generico return to ROH to feud with the Bucks.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Chris James 2 posted:

The PWTorch glossary of insider wrestling terms defines “feeding” as: “The heel’s role during a babyface comeback where he runs at the babyface only to be repeatedly fended off, with the hope that the series of bumps by the heel will generate positive fan heat for the babyface.”

websters dictionary defines “work” as,

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VJeff posted:

I dunno if I buy it, you can see Big E kick Owens out of the ring and then hear Xavier yelling "GET HIM OUTTA HERE!" in reference to Sami while they kick him out too.

i guess the beating was supposed to go on longer? thats the only thing i can figure

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

VJeff posted:

Yeah just seems like a flat segment to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i guess the beating was supposed to go on longer? thats the only thing i can figure

Like, maybe they were supposed to run back in and get run off again? Or New Day was in on it. Only things I can think of.

Xavier and Big E are going and tending to Kofi, not getting ready for another attack.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if you think this is a work, you're a double mark

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
to give food to; supply with nourishment:
to feed a wrestler.
to yield or serve as food for:
This land has fed 10 generations of wrestlers.
to provide as food.
to furnish for consumption.
to satisfy; minister to; gratify:
Wrestling feeds the imagination.
to supply for maintenance or operation, as to a machine:
to feed paper into a wrestler's photocopier.
to provide with the necessary materials for development, maintenance, or operation:
to feed a wrestler's printing press with paper.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There IS all that Cornette/ROH stuff where he claims they were really difficult to work with when they don't like the booking direction. You gotta always take Cornette with some salt especially when he's describing his side of a fight, but it never rang untrue to me. Even Owens' own shoot accounts seemed to basically support the gist of what Cornette was saying but that Kevin just didn't see anything wrong with it. I always kind of got the sense Steen was capable of being an rear end when he was unhappy.

And I can kind of see why the latest booking, or Sami's booking in general, would make them unhappy.

Plus "gently caress WWE" and punishing a couple of guys because they didn't get beat up and shown up enough seems like BS. The sounds of "feeding" seems to be that they were supposed to run back in (into the ring with superior numbers) and get beat up more but that seems a little overkillish.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Unpopular Opinion: Is it fine to walk out on the company? Yeah sure, just don't do it in the middle of the show and throw everything off the rails. That's just unprofessional.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If they actually did what is being said here, I'm kinda "ehhhhhhh" on it because it's one thing to say gently caress you to management but New Day didn't do anything to them. Having said that, I guess they didn't do anything to hurt New Day either.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Kevin Owens was scripted to poop his pants in fear of Big E's comeback, but he went against creative and merely pissed himself

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

VJeff posted:

If they actually did what is being said here, I'm kinda "ehhhhhhh" on it because it's one thing to say gently caress you to management but New Day didn't do anything to them. Having said that, I guess they didn't do anything to hurt New Day either.

I mean, they didn't make New Day look bad or even take away from them looking good. They just kind of avoiding looking like bigger saps than they already did.

I could see producers being annoyed they didn't follow direction or messed up timing of the production but I don't really see any grounds for New Day to be especially mad.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

I honestly can't see how them "feeding" would've improved the segment. They're supposed to be smart heels, and if Star Wars taught me anything it is to never attack someone who has the high ground.

EDIT: Also, it'd look awkward as gently caress.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Svensken posted:

I honestly can't see how them "feeding" would've improved the segment. They're supposed to be smart heels, and if Star Wars taught me anything it is to never attack someone who has the high ground.

The high ground AND a numbers advantage.

I swear WWE face/heel dynamics are booked in reverse. The McMahons absolutely are those people who empathize with the bad guy in a movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People are going to feel the need to make bad posts defending them because of who they are, but if that's what happened that's very lovely of them.

VJeff posted:

Like, maybe they were supposed to run back in and get run off again? Or New Day was in on it. Only things I can think of.

Xavier and Big E are going and tending to Kofi, not getting ready for another attack.

Would be a very heelish move to run back in on the guys tending to their hurt friend then.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

There IS all that Cornette/ROH stuff where he claims they were really difficult to work with when they don't like the booking direction. You gotta always take Cornette with some salt especially when he's describing his side of a fight, but it never rang untrue to me. Even Owens' own shoot accounts seemed to basically support the gist of what Cornette was saying but that Kevin just didn't see anything wrong with it. I always kind of got the sense Steen was capable of being an rear end when he was unhappy.

And I can kind of see why the latest booking, or Sami's booking in general, would make them unhappy.

:agreed: And this is not even the first public story of Owens' unhappiness

Posted about it when the podcast was fresh but: On the E&C podcast Kevin outright said he didn't feel like the top guy when he held the WWE title and hated his booking

Imagine how Zayn must feel. Didn't care about him at all on the main roster, no world title reign in sight Ever, no variety at all to at least stand out, rarely remembered, finally spices things up by deciding to give him a heel turn, and now he's losing more than ever, including recently to basic moves like a crossbody

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i support sami and kev in their efforts to stop wwe from further ruining the one interesting angle they've done all year

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Assuming this isn't a work, I see both sides. Take the emotion out of it and you end up with two guys who were given a task to do and they basically said "naw, gently caress that we're gonna do what we wanna do." As a boss there kinda has to be repercussions for that.
On the other hand, Jesus Christ who gives a gently caress. Was getting a face pop in that particular moment that particularly important? Probably not.

Emotion back in, I like Owens and Zayn, gently caress the management. Survey says: one more for the good guys.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm basically in a place where I can easily sympathize with KOSZ for the way they've been booked and think this was a pretty minor thing to get punished over... but also totally could buy KOSZ being prima donnas who behave unprofessionally based on the Cornette/ROH (and maybe a bit of CZW stuff) stuff. Its very 50/50 for me.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I hope they don't leave because I like watching them regularly on TV

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

People are going to feel the need to make bad posts defending them because of who they are, but if that's what happened that's very lovely of them.

Would be a very heelish move to run back in on the guys tending to their hurt friend then.

I think you're kinda oversimplifying that a bit. It's not cool to hang your fellow workers out to dry like that but they didn't actually affect New Day at all by doing it. New Day not getting babyface heat in one TV segment at the top of the show isn't gonna suddenly make them less over or less ready to fight the Shield.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
This is a bush league move by them, for this to be even remotely OK they should have asked their famous cousin The Rock what they should do first

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope they don't leave because I like watching them regularly on TV

I don't think they will, at least soon

But

This is the best time in recent history to pursue other companies, as a fan or as a worker, and a lot more workers are openly considering that option than I recall seeing at any other point this decade

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Also just going to add: he may have been hindered yesterday, but Jinder would never do anything as unprofessional as this. Yet one more reason you should cheer for The Modern Day Maharajah.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Unpopular Opinion: Is it fine to walk out on the company? Yeah sure, just don't do it in the middle of the show and throw everything off the rails. That's just unprofessional.

It's WWE, gently caress em.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'll believe this story is remotely true when Kevin and Sami are gone from WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sandman McMahon posted:

Also just going to add: he may have been hindered yesterday, but Jinder would never do anything as unprofessional as this. Yet one more reason you should cheer for The Modern Day Maharajah.

Yeah, Jinder Mahal is a paragon of professionalism.

• Locked thread