Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Assuming this isn't a work, I see both sides. Take the emotion out of it and you end up with two guys who were given a task to do and they basically said "naw, gently caress that we're gonna do what we wanna do." As a boss there kinda has to be repercussions for that.
On the other hand, Jesus Christ who gives a gently caress. Was getting a face pop in that particular moment that particularly important? Probably not.

Emotion back in, I like Owens and Zayn, gently caress the management. Survey says: one more for the good guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Also just going to add: he may have been hindered yesterday, but Jinder would never do anything as unprofessional as this. Yet one more reason you should cheer for The Modern Day Maharajah.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Pssht. This ain't ballet!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I feel like the best solution for all parties involved (us included) would probably just be "let Kev and Sami do what they want, forever."

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Gatts posted:

I hope all the talent leaves the WWE at once and goes to Japan or RoH and like totally makes them huge and lots of money to compete and threaten against WWE and we get a true rival and then Vince has a fire lit under his butt and we get a great era of Wrestling.

New Japan should sign Daniel Bryan and CM Punk and then Kevin Steen and El Generico and I'll never watch Vince's poo poo ever again. But we'll still be best friends. Me and Vince I mean.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The only way this makes sense is if Shane was supposed to be the one running them off. He gets his win back from HiaC, looks strong going into the PPV, and gets the 'last word' on their trashtalking him. I doubt if anyone would give a gently caress if they robbed New Day of a lil pop seeing as how they're in the running for most over act of this current era, but rob a McMahon of their win and suffer their wrath.

Do whatever the gently caress you want when you go to work tomorrow. Your boss will definitely be cool enough to get what you're going for.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Just Chamber posted:

Weird to think it was only 2 months ago (?) that Vince was taking a bloody bump for KO and now this

This is probably the best piece of evidence presented in our court of public opinion so far.
It's definitely a work.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I agree, you should like WWE because they are good, but they are also kinda lovely, so you shouldn't like them too much. Like them the exact right amount and we're cool.

Edit: wait, is that Internet cool, or irl cool? Am I kayfabe cool or shoot cool? I don't knooooow.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Just read on a lovely re-post site that PWinsider is saying Neville might be back within the month, so that's pretty cool.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

VJeff posted:

It sounds like they're not gonna release him so I hope he just comes and plays out his contract, then fucks off.

On one hand, yeah I agree. On the other, it really seemed like Neville had finally started to find his place in the company and was beginning to establish a character that, imo of course, could have slotted nicely into the upper card of either show. If they can come to terms and give Adrian a real main roster push, well I'd kinda like to see that too.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Jack Swagger and Zeb Coulter Tea Party gimmick was one of my favorites from the last decade

RIP Jack

Solid gimmick that was simultaneously a little too early and a little too late for it's time. WWE should do a white nationalist/facist character right now, that'd gently caress some poo poo up.

But on the other hand dude would probably be the biggest face in the company by the second ppv, maybe it's for the best that they leave that one alone...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

VJeff posted:

At this point I don't think that's ever gonna happen. I'd rather Neville be able to dictate his own future and work in places that will actually appreciate him than stick around and maybe get a push so he can have the illustrious job of losing to Roman or losing to Corbin.

I get and mostly agree with what you're saying, I just feel like Neville is one of those workers that was always going to be a 'match' guy and not a 'character/storyline' guy, so when all of a sudden he started busting out some pretty drat solid character work, well, clearly he had been putting in the effort behind the scenes. In a perfect world I'd like to see that work pay off in the place where character poo poo is the bread and butter, the sweet, sweet matches are just the cherry on top.

• Locked thread