Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sin Cara's injury wasn't as bad as it looked and he's cleared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Isn't the Smackdown European tour almost done with anyways? I think they only have 3 events left, and they may not be scheduled to appear at all during it.

They were advertised for those shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People are going to feel the need to make bad posts defending them because of who they are, but if that's what happened that's very lovely of them.

VJeff posted:

Like, maybe they were supposed to run back in and get run off again? Or New Day was in on it. Only things I can think of.

Xavier and Big E are going and tending to Kofi, not getting ready for another attack.

Would be a very heelish move to run back in on the guys tending to their hurt friend then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Nia calling the Rock thing is fake, by the way.

VJeff posted:

I think you're kinda oversimplifying that a bit. It's not cool to hang your fellow workers out to dry like that but they didn't actually affect New Day at all by doing it. New Day getting babyface heat in one TV segment at the top of the show isn't gonna suddenly make them less over or less ready to fight the Shield.

Telling them to go home and they don't have to go to Robin Hood Town isn't exactly exile either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marmaduke! posted:

What do you do after the first 5 minutes when he's completely gassed? You tag him out. It also helps emphasise how strong and powerful he is, when he defeats those who just took down his weaker friends.

Have him do it in less than 5 minutes to look even stronger.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So that'd be a "Not 2B" I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't know what's worse, that they don't know what to do with Harper, or they don't know what to do with Fashion Files

Singhs repackaged as Bunil and Bamir.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yeah I'm going to assume they just got rid of the "Local Indy Kane Knockoff" attire, not the entire gimmick

Rowan has his mask again, and the tron is running Harper’s old entrance video.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Defending them against corporate: It's such a minor thing nobody even noticed. They barely did anything at all.

Defending them against their peers: actually they're like martyrs really

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In more important news, where the hell is the Montreal Screwjob XXX Parody?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Platypus Farm posted:

Wait, are they getting endeavored or something? You have to actually, like, wrestle at all to be a jobber. The whole kanelis situation is very confusing to me. I'm going to try to break down the series of events

1) mike gets signed
2) mike hangs out on his couch doing drugs for three months instead of getting in shape
3) maria and her husband debut and beat up sami zayn
4) vince is mad that Maria's Husband is out of shape and sucks
5) mike checks in to rehab (???) paid for by the WWE (???)
6) Maria gets pregnant
7) kanellis's havent actually worked in months
8) lots of verbose social media posts are made
9) maria writes a letter to the internet to tell people she isn't lazy for being pregnant (???)

I bet somebody is really wishing they hadn't hired these two right about now

He went to rehab before WWE.

And he does house shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I tried but I don't understand Japanese.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's discipline but it's also not a HARD discipline. It's like when you're acting like a prick at work and your boss tells you to take the rest of the day off. It's the avoid confrontations for you and make the work environment better for your coworkers.

Also the rest of the day takes place in a lovely town in England.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It doesn't. Jerusalem, poo poo on this man's desk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PWG doesn’t have a locker room, they have like a utility closet.

You get real close with the boys when you all need to fit into a phone booth to change.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here in Quebec we call those Quebecers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She should have had Alicia's spot so she could be Captain Tenille.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senerio posted:

Man, we live in a time where the highlight of Raw is "oh gently caress it's the Drifter," the highlight of Smackdown is "vignettes featuring Fandango and Tyler Breeze," and the highlight of NXT is loving Patrick Clark.

Imagine saying that to yourself a year ago.

A trash golem destroyed a Hollywood A-lister just a week ago man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bet they wish they put Asuka on Smackdown now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's nobody on Smackdown who is capable of not sounding like a robot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Plus she says "Settle your tea kettle", which is adorable.

Still not as bad as asking me to boo Molly Holly for not having a bikini model body.

Molly Holly who was always included in their bikini modelling photo shoots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So the Jinder experiment might actually be over?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Orton going over to Shane’s kids to assure them their idiot dad didn’t just kill himself was good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but Twitter is worse than WWE.

Is there a way both can lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Going "Hey, this is just this dude's fake name." is good when you do it sparingly. One time, Seth made fun of Finn's name and said that'd be like calling himself RAMBO APOCALYPSE and it was effective because it led into the Demon King reveal anyway. Black doing it there is because he's explicitly rejecting Dream's demands for attention and that Black "say his name".

In both of those cases, it's being done for a reason that aids the story which is about as far away from Russo as you can get, when you think about it.

Well also saying “Velveteen Dream” is a fake name isn’t exactly pulling open any curtains.

• Locked thread