Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i was kind of hoping that trailer would sell me on it, like, honestly, i wanted to be able to get a little interested and give it a try, but it looks so bland, and so slow. its missing all the parts of the fast pace of Battlerite that I enjoyed. it looks like a trailer for a mod or something. theres no oomph to any of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
It looks like the same game I already liked except now with a bunch of pointless padding in the form of prep time. :/

So like every royale game. ://

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
RIP Battlerite 2016-2018, succumbed to hereditary fail disease

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The world looks very vacant and not alive in that trailer. Even though in one of the transitions you can see water and some terrain moves. It's weird that it shows gameplay but also really... doesn't? Like, iva is just standing there with an engineer style turret.

My only reference for these games is H1Z1, and in h1 you are scrambling to get stuff and then there's serious tension about seeing people before they see you and vehicle stuff. Or there was in pre-season 3 when I actually played it. There were times you'd just be on a trek across the world, and refining your inventory, but I can't imagine that works very well in BR. For a while, until hacks and poo poo tier netcode turned me off, H1 was the most fun I had playing a video game since counter-strike in 1999/2000. Just a raw new experience that was lots of fun.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 16, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Papercut posted:

It looks like the same game I already liked except now with a bunch of pointless padding in the form of prep time. :/

Yeah that trailer hardly got me hype at all. It's the same loving game, same models, same animations, I guess there's a little bit of difference in map/world? They had to make a separate game for this and then charge us for it?

This is a really big blunder by Stunlock. And I guess loving refer back to this post in 6 months when it turns out to be a massive success but you know somehow I doubt it.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'd love to say I'd try it, but it is not free, so I will not be trying it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

What should I do with my chests? Also have 40k coins 80k tokens.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Use your gold/tokens/common chests to buy up all the lower rarity stuff. Once you do that popping the chests that give a guaranteed non-dupe will reliably give legendaries.

RMB spam RK works in my dreams

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
oh they tried to make up for the split game release. they announced that royale is gonna be 20 dollars (lmfao) and that you get a half off coupon****************** if you own all heroes battlerite arena.

******************it expires after 10 days. fomo the gently caress in boys!

I look forward to trying battlerite royale and being totally unimpressed when it goes free to play <1 month after launch

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I got into the beta, gonna try after work

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Countblanc posted:

I got into the beta, gonna try after work

hahahhahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
buddy
They only do set test hours, and so far they're only in the middle of the day for US (evening for EU).

Also I have a spare key, anyone wants in just be the first to DM

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh yeah apparently so

fortunately because im east coast ill get home from work with about an hour left on the test this week, but still Suboptimal.

e: the test is wednesday 4:00 - 6:00 pm EST for anyone gunning for basque's key

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Got nabbed anyhow. Keys do let you get into all subsequent waves, of which I'm guessing there will be at least one more. Not a whole lotta time till release.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Oof, yeah. I got an email with a key yesterday morning and was pumped to check it out. Until I saw the post from ThatBasqueGuy and saw what times it was open. Not helpful. the email does say that the next test will have "more convenient time slots for more regions". Here's hoping, I guess?

Also, they are letting people post video content but not stream which seems super weird to me. I saw one youtube vid on the Battlerite reddit from a guy with next to no Battlerite experience that was paaaainful to watch. I made it through about 5 minutes before closing in sadness. I'm kind of enjoying what a shitshow this is, honestly.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

MerrMan posted:

I'm kind of enjoying what a shitshow this is, honestly.

This has been my stance for the past year or so :unsmigghh:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Countblanc posted:

oh yeah apparently so

fortunately because im east coast ill get home from work with about an hour left on the test this week, but still Suboptimal.

e: the test is wednesday 4:00 - 6:00 pm EST for anyone gunning for basque's key

I thought its 2pm EST aka in a couple minutes from now?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I just tried it, it's incredibly slow and dull yeah

Khorne
May 1, 2002
From a "make your game good" perspective they should make walking over junk you can't pick up make it dissappear. Possibly with other minor effects like a sound or little visual of them vanishing. Even if they only go away for YOU and other people can still see them on the ground. The added benefit of this is it's client-side only.

I haven't played, only watched. It's at hours I can't play and I have no key.

I have been playing REAL BATTLERITE, THE TRUE GAME though. I had to take a month or so break due to having no desk to put my desktop stuff on.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 13, 2018

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I wish this game and the beta had zero players so that they'd really get the message. Stop playing at all and don't even play that beta. Just let them check one day and see nobody is.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
some people care more about playing a fun game than they do about SENDING A MESSAGE to corrupt developers trying to make money off their products

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Bad decisions? By the developers of Bloodline Champions?

:eyepop::prepop::eyepop::prepop::eyepop::prepop::eyepop::prepop::eyepop:

I jest, sort of. I will try this and probably hate-love it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Macavity posted:

some people care more about playing a fun game than they do about SENDING A MESSAGE to corrupt developers trying to make money off their products

The game has to be fun first

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Im never gonna play battlerite again but I had a lot of fun with it. Wish they would have implented the tourney system from BLC though.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Buller posted:

Im never gonna play battlerite again but I had a lot of fun with it. Wish they would have implented the tourney system from BLC though.

BLC lies in a graveyard of dreams and now they're sticking Battlerite in the plot next to it lol

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh, big patch dropping, just added 6 maps, loads of sound and animation improvements.
No gameplay changes tho. But the game is still being developed at least.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

From the stance of a pro player given a recent decision on payment: gently caress SLS. Don't give them a loving dime. They give zero shits about anything other than the bottom line, and I want to see them hurt.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Able to offer any more details? I haven't heard of studios paying players before and was curious about the situation.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I don't think I'm actually under an NDA or anything, but I'd have to review whatever terms of service we're ostensibly under. The tl;dr is that they are paying s1 (because they paid s2 this week through matcherino, but s1 payments are still outstanding) all through dreamhack, including non-LAN players. This came with a fun clause that they told us after the season was over, where the players that claimed as individuals (i.e. unsigned teams) would have to pay 50% of total earnings off top for Swedish taxes -- on top of whatever Uncle Sam or a players home country takes, with a 30 day window to find some business to technically sign you then claim the prize. I raised enough of a stink in the players chat that we got an official response, which was essentially "Get hosed we're not doing or changing a thing, be thankful we didn't do this for s2 too, stop bothering us.". That the official response didn't even admit culpability made it a worse one than we got initially from the low-level SLS organizer. What's really pissing me off is that I offered a ton of diplomatic solutions (I'll pay my winnings for hurricane aid relief if SLS matches, give us complementary EA keys for BRBR, etc..) but they couldn't even be loving assed to give us a couple chests in game. Like if the company has so much apathy or contempt for the players that they wont even attempt to mollify their wage theft by giving us things at no expense to themselves then I don't see why I should ever show them an ounce of respect when it would clearly not be reciprocated.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
I don't think having to pay taxes is 'wage theft'

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Yeah sounds like them trying not to get shut down with litigation while they're already strapped, but the late notice and lack of diplomacy are really lovely. I'm sorry duder.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I tried Royale today with a friend in duos. It's pretty fun. I really don't want to support how badly SLS is managing it though, so I'd be hard pressed to buy in to the EA product.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

dead game update: new game launched today, anyone who bought into battlerite in early access didn't get a code for the promised 50% off on battlerite royale. there's been no communication or update from sls, presumably it's like 6 pm in sweden so they all went home to celebrate the launch of their new and probably last game

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

They only seem to be posting updates on poo poo in the new official discord server and twitter, for whatever reason. Swhere I saw updates across the day for the coupon stuff.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Got my coupon today. It's rotting in my inventory. Game could've used some more f2p beta hype time, imo.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

my broke brain dropped 9 bucks on it and I'm actually having a lot of fun

at this point I just look at SLS games as fun multiplayer games to enjoy for about a month before the player base and SLS's support dries up. and so far, at least, i'm having a lot of fun. playing a ton of duo with a friend, managed to clutch a victory in duos well after my friend had died, ended up winning 1v2 against an enemy team in final circle by outplaying them with positioning of walls and use of leap vs raigon/not-bakko-shield-guy

Minera fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 27, 2018

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

While I'll go nowhere so far as to say I'm optimistic, I can't say that I'm not piqued as to what/how many core gameplay changes they have in mind for a much shorter EA period. Hell, if they were taking this time to fix the mutual spaghetti code they might actually have some drat follow through too.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I hate battlerite royale I think. I'm trying real hard to find out where the fun is but I"m already real tired of getting rolled at minute 1 by three people no matter how hard I try to drop away from the zerg.

I thought dropping on 2 wyverns would be better with the patch but apparantly it just makes it impossible to drop anywhere where you aren't immediately expected to start fighting.

And playing battlerite except you only have half your buttons is bullshit unfun.

E: I think the incredibly bloated matchmaking doomed this game for me. I don't belong in master, I've played the game like 3 hours. Apparantly simply avoiding the zerg and placing top ~5 by virtue of winning the rare duel and scrounging the map is enough to be master. Now the second I run into anybody they demolish me because they've played this, or battle rite, way more than I have so I get stomped endlessly when I was already on the fence about this whole genre.

gently caress it, steam support gimme my money back.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 28, 2018

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Alright, I'm peaked with BRBR. Also have one free code that I need to figure out a giveaway for.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Agent355 posted:

E: I think the incredibly bloated matchmaking doomed this game for me. I don't belong in master, I've played the game like 3 hours.

This is a problem in most BR mm: if you hide you might place higher and mm is either solely tied to final rating or split between kills+wins. People who hide less have to be better at combat to ascend. Best to just drop school and git gud or face the worst case matchmaking. The BR "fun" is, ironically, usually in the longish gaps between action and the anticipation of the coming conflict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Alright, I'm peaked with BRBR. Also have one free code that I need to figure out a giveaway for.

If you can't come up with somethin, could I have the thing. :shobon:

I like(d) this dumb game a lot and wanted it to do well, but SLS man christ alive.

• Locked thread