Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
played 5 matches of 2s royale tonight, won every game except for one to Skywind where we got 3rd (behind a croak who just timer scammed in stealth lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
I agree that Royale has crazy rank inflation at the top end and the diamonds/champs need to be curtailed, but whatever change they did makes climbing the low end stupidly slow. Now the system is thinking: "I thought these guys were Silver 4, but then they killed 14 people and won. Wow. Sounds like Silver 3 material."

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

hito posted:

"I thought these guys were Silver 4, but then they killed 14 people and won. Wow. Sounds like Silver 3 material."

tbf it's more like "they killed 14 people who are in Silver"

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.

Macavity posted:

tbf it's more like "they killed 14 people who are in Silver"

Right. Which is why it seems mean-spirited of them to move the needle so slowly at lower levels. While I normally think that an ELO system should count nothing but win/loss (lest you incentivize degenerate behaviors), in Royale it really seems like a team with a bunch of extra kills should get out of the lower levels sooner so there's fewer games that are so mismatched. Or at least it should index on solo rank a bit more heavily.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

It's really weird that, for supposedly giving you points based on the difference between points scored in game vs your rank, that it seems to move the bar about the same. Think they added a soft cap of like ~200 as the max points you can gain from one win. Which sucks, because it does mean any new 2s team that gets started has to grind like ~20 matches of just absolute stomps.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Nerf item stats by 50%, delete Ashka.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
ulric + (ranged hero) is so loving rude and rewards the hell out of aggressive circle positioning. he's got so much drat ranged denial when people are pushing into you, on top of perfectly split healing for you and your partner. Had 3 straight victories in a row tonight when we claimed the center circle and just sat there being a fat loving wall of healing and projectiles.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Carecat posted:

Nerf item stats by 50%, delete Ashka.

I think it's fine now that they brought up the baseline item stats. It rewards you for snowballing or getting lucky drops, which is... kind of the point of royale modes.

Favorite strat right now in duos is just going for the smaller item piles (like the western house in desert, the lone island and pier in northeast, etc) and then immediately ganking another, larger item pile, like the named locations. You'll almost always have a huge advantage because lazy duos will assume they're alone and split up to farm the location, and you can easily pick them apart and gank at least one for a big head start.

Overall after like, 25 hours I'm pretty positive on the game mode itself. There's a lot of cool poo poo they can do here in the future, my only fear is that SLS will do their usual thing and move on and leave it all half finished. I'd love to see more maps, bigger maps, bigger player counts, goofy event modes, rest of the heroes ported, new items, etc etc. Plus royale is having a good effect on the actual game: Arena player size has doubled this weekend and is at the highest it's been since April, and since there's an October event and update planned with the 3 new arena maps, it's a pretty good time to just play regular Battlerite too.

SLS probably could've done a lot of things better, but I understand why they marketed it as a separate game: it's more exposure to market a "new game" on Twitch and among reviewers than it is a "new game mode." Best bet is not to think about what the future holds and enjoy the game in the here and now, before SLS inevitably lets it stagnate with their usual mismanagement.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Minrad posted:

ulric + (ranged hero) is so loving rude and rewards the hell out of aggressive circle positioning. he's got so much drat ranged denial when people are pushing into you, on top of perfectly split healing for you and your partner. Had 3 straight victories in a row tonight when we claimed the center circle and just sat there being a fat loving wall of healing and projectiles.

I think Blossom is the single strongest late-game champ because she does both of these functions by herself. Healer vs no healer can get pretty ridiculous when everyone's got the health to survive a rotation

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

hito posted:

I think Blossom is the single strongest late-game champ because she does both of these functions by herself. Healer vs no healer can get pretty ridiculous when everyone's got the health to survive a rotation

I'm having a lot of fun with this game just spamming Blossom, hopefully I'll be able to get back into champion soon considering the rank reset and all

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sounding like the LAN for s3 is cancelled because they don't wanna spend the cash again.

d e a d g a m e

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Lolwhaaaaat

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Battleritesport/status/1054726068475756544?s=20

what remains of the pro league is justifiably pretty angry

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleRite/comments/9qp0at/my_first_and_final_hate_thread/

https://twitter.com/JRGNBattlerite/status/1054462521132883969

Oh well

game's still fun, as long as you treat it as a frito game to play every now and then and not like, something to master and be a best in the world player at.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

lmao that one huge post has the dude defending his win trading half way through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Hi, I've been playing battlerite for the better part of a year now, but the people i played with no longer play. is there a group somewhere to pick up games?

• Locked thread