Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
https://twitter.com/Negikatsu7/status/982536428075675648

https://twitter.com/cgeRock_/status/985150104825819137

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-A7mHPfyg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe5vYv_yrrE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The exact same thing happened with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fanart early on in the thread's history, it got shouted down until people just stopped posting it. Instead of just saying "let people post what they want, just scroll past", you're policing what people can and can't post just because of a vocal number of people complaining. It's not because the content is objectionable, like, say, Kantai Collection, but because of a general dislike for the thing, or for the poster posting them. I understand wanting to cull the amount of complaints since mods and admins no doubt get a lot across the forums every day, but implementing an arbitrary "quality" rule that you alone decide is a bad stance to take, my dude. As well, acquiescing to the people complaining only invigorates them to do it more to things they dislike, as they see it will get results.

StandardVC10 posted:

It's for the best really, people who gimmick post for too long start to get a little weird.
Not everything is a gimmick. I have posted plenty of non-undertale fanworks in this thread, it's not all Undertale.

edit: for example, I'm not a particular fan of the figma stuff or the guy who poorly draws oversized giant people with tiny heads. But I can just scroll past them, because it's not a big deal.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
If you're a real baller you do your fanart in watercolor like this person ( Source, don't see anything NWS but I don't have my own pixiv)

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

FactsAreUseless posted:

For the reason that it loving sucks, dude. It's not "a few people," we get so many complaints about this poo poo. I don't even know why you keep doing it.

Anyone else posting Undertake fanart is rolling the dice, so it better be good.

I don't watch Gundam or WH40K. Can I start reporting people who post Gundam and WH40K fan art in the fan art thread?

trigger warning: pokemon and digimon:

[src]

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Apr 21, 2018

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love Undertale, I backed the game, and my name is in the credits, I could go my entire life without seeing a 1,000th picture of Undyne looking badass in thread. No one would care if you just posted the best fan art you found every once in awhile, but you’ve been posting the limit of art pretty much every single day since you’ve played the game.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lol this thread is going to be closed again.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

FactsAreUseless posted:

For the reason that it loving sucks, dude. It's not "a few people," we get so many complaints about this poo poo. I don't even know why you keep doing it.

Anyone else posting Undertake fanart is rolling the dice, so it better be good.

I don't really care for Undertale stuff by this point but this seems like more than a little much. If people are that upset by Undetale fanart that seems more like a problem with those posters than Invictus by this point, especially with the conditions for posting laid down in the OP.

Anyway, content:

'Rose made me feel like I was everything'

'It's all about lifting rocks'

Heckapoo

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus posted:

For what reason? Five thumbnailed images are very easy to scroll past, and outside of a few occasional complainers, bickering about it has largely stopped compared to the previous thread. Or people can put me on ignore if it bothers them that much, and many have, and that's okay. There are folks who do enjoy the undertale posts, and I enjoy finding new fanart to post, so why single out someone because they're posting fanart of something they enjoy, and have evidence that others enjoy?

Not everyone likes it, but there are options for those people, like the ignore feature. I think it's a little kneejerky to acquiesce to the people who can't just go by without raising a stink.

Captain Invictus posted:

please do not post the anthropomorphized gun anime game. it is in exceedingly poor taste, much like kantai collection.

EmmyOk posted:

Anthropomorphic anime countries/military poo poo is pretty weird and so are child soldiers or whatever so stop posting that poo poo

Captain Invictus posted:

The exact same thing happened with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fanart early on in the thread's history, it got shouted down until people just stopped posting it. Instead of just saying "let people post what they want, just scroll past", you're policing what people can and can't post just because of a vocal number of people complaining. It's not because the content is objectionable, like, say, Kantai Collection, but because of a general dislike for the thing, or for the poster posting them. I understand wanting to cull the amount of complaints since mods and admins no doubt get a lot across the forums every day, but implementing an arbitrary "quality" rule that you alone decide is a bad stance to take, my dude. As well, acquiescing to the people complaining only invigorates them to do it more to things they dislike, as they see it will get results.

Not everything is a gimmick. I have posted plenty of non-undertale fanworks in this thread, it's not all Undertale.

edit: for example, I'm not a particular fan of the figma stuff or the guy who poorly draws oversized giant people with tiny heads. But I can just scroll past them, because it's not a big deal.

Can't have your cake and eat it too. It's done. Give it a rest until they say otherwise. If I earn a probation for that then so be it.

Now, let's try to swing this poo poo back around to fun/cool/crazy art of things. Have some Metroid. You know, when you can make it past all the weird giant boobs/butts/feet fetishes people seem to have for Samus, there's some pretty decent fanart for this series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That's not how the Loss edit panels are supposed to be formatted.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

exCUSE me, non-canon, Metroids don't appear in Mother Brain's room and Samus can't defeat Metroids using solely the standard blaster

:goonsay:

[src]

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
As an aside, it was mentioned briefly a while ago but I think we should all try to more to credit where the art we're posting comes from-it's a courtesy to the artists, and it's good for posters who want to find context for a post or more art by a specific artist.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BMS posted:

Can't have your cake and eat it too.
The comparison isn't even remotely similar. Kantai Collection sexualizes children, full stop. Even without getting into the issues of taking machines of war that historically were involved in horrific war atrocities and turning them into sexy ladies, having characters that are gradeschoolers in thongs is not okay. The gun version that the dude posted fanart of appeared to have what seems to be an israel stand-in character blowing up some middle-eastern slums like a big drat action hero? Unless I'm misconstruing that image. Comparing them to Undertale which is specifically a story about making you consider your actions and their ramifications on others, candy-coated in a goofy shell, is asinine.

Also, it was simply a request not to post them, which was immediately and explicitly ignored. Which was fine. But then mods and admins start coming in and laying down decrees, and now we're here.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
They also laid down a decree to stop posting Undertale which you immediately and explicitly ignored. Pot meet kettle.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

They also laid down a decree to stop posting Undertale which you immediately and explicitly ignored. Pot meet kettle.
I stopped posting Undertale fanart immediately, as decreed, unless you're saying Touhou is the new Undertale?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Is it okay to post our own fanart

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Invictus posted:

I stopped posting Undertale fanart immediately, as decreed, unless you're saying Touhou is the new Undertale?

You have been posting Undertale fan art every single day for literally years. Years. The fact that you have, as part of your daily routine, carved out a slice of time in which you consciously go and seek out fan art from a specific game and post it in this thread and take it real drat personal when you're told to stop by an admin is a window into your personal psychosis that no one needs or wants.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah I just did it.

And I’ll do it again too

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I will probate you whenever you post Undertale fanart ITT from now on, just FYI.

thank you sincerely from the bottom of my gross shriveled heart

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/987558833777135616

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Imagine being extremely upset about not being able to post fanart from one game and then writing walls of text about it

That'd be crazy

But really I think the lesson here is that fanart gets less interesting when its dumped in large amounts for the same content and isn't particularly unique. Even if you love the franchise it creates fatigue. I could spam this thread with pokemon fanart I see on tumblr everyday but people would get sick of it real fast even if I enjoy it.

Internet Kraken has a new favorite as of 06:28 on Apr 21, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Imagine being extremely upset about not being able to post fanart from one game and then writing walls of text about it

That'd be crazy

People having meltdowns over him posting said fanart was way funnier

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Is it okay to post our own fanart

I would give this 6.5 applebeans/10

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I've been following these threads since the beginning and I gotta say that while you could set your watch to Cap's undertale posting, he isn't even a thousandth as cringey as the whiners who somehow just can't loving get over it

And the fact that it was acted upon, lmao

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm super digging Golden Kamuy (Kamui? Weird way to romanize it.)

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I've been following these threads since the beginning and I gotta say that while you could set your watch to Cap's undertale posting, he isn't even a thousandth as cringey as the whiners who somehow just can't loving get over it

And the fact that it was acted upon, lmao

I dunno, the super, super loving tasteless edit he did of that Matt Bors comic is pretty unforgiveable, but this is a fair compromise

Edit, feed seems fine
https://twitter.com/Syachiku766/status/986980448931753986

A Bystander has a new favorite as of 07:18 on Apr 21, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I don't remember what edit you're talking about. I googled the name though and do recognize the comics

Edit: not that I don't believe that CI made a bad post (quite the contrary) I just don't remember

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 07:31 on Apr 21, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It was in extremely poor taste, I immediately apologized for it, and recognized that I should not have done it. I also donated to SPLC as a more concrete form of apology than just words. But there is no forgiveness, no forgetting here on SA, especially when someone has it out for you.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 07:27 on Apr 21, 2018

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
jfc the moderator gets to decide what they want to keep the quality of the thread up and they don't owe you objectivity, if you're making GBS threads things up then stop goddamn. there's also the reality that CI can go other places on the net to post that content, like Undertale communities etc so no one's takin' away his rights or anything

but the least cringey of it all would be if none of it was around for people to bitch about in the first place

and so

the cycle has ended

what a glorious day

https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/974094752160235520

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

I also donated to SPLC as a more concrete form of apology than just words.
:stare:
Ok I kind of need to see what this was now

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 08:24 on Apr 21, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

:stare:
Ok I kind of need to see what this was now

BravestOfTheLamps has a new favorite as of 08:33 on Apr 21, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think that, if you ever reach a point where you are known to a not insignificant number of people as the guy who has exclusively posted fanart from a single game, every day for years, in a fanart thread in a subsection of a dying internet comedy forum, then you may want to consider that the fault lies with you.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
aw yeah, here we go again!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

aw yeah, here we go again!

You are not a victim.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Nah it's cool you did your penance I'm just completely floored, like I can't stop laughing in horror at the comparison being drawn, it's broken my brain. man, you really made your bed here

Anyway:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, it wasn't serious but it was an extremely stupid and bad idea, which I quickly realized, but people insisted on driving it and the thread into the ground beyond the justified initial making GBS threads on me for it. Folks hold some real serious grudges in here. What was the original post someone said? "The best part of this thread is the simmering grudges the posters have"? Well, the poo poo boiled over from that.

edit: two of'em are timg'd but won't thumbnail for some reason?

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 08:49 on Apr 21, 2018

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: two of'em are timg'd but won't thumbnail for some reason?

imgur sometimes secretly turns GIFs into MP4s, and MP4s don't thumbnail.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, but the links go to gifs. Weird!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM-YgoLPVps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, it wasn't serious but it was an extremely stupid and bad idea, which I quickly realized, but people insisted on driving it and the thread into the ground beyond the justified initial making GBS threads on me for it. Folks hold some real serious grudges in here. What was the original post someone said? "The best part of this thread is the simmering grudges the posters have"? Well, the poo poo boiled over from that.

for such a not big deal you sure talk about it a lot (posting undertale and the inability thereof)

• Locked thread