Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Beeeecause that's one of Toriyama's default expressions?

Also yesssss fanart thread is BACK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Captain Invictus posted:

Are they going to make a patreon or something to support their show? I know they put up a video recently mentioning they might stop altogether because thanks to the adpocalypse it's totally hosed their revenue, which is a god drat shame because they're one of my favorite channels on youtube.

I honestly don't know. I only found out about how they became an Adpocalypse casualty earlier this week due to being in the Seventh Circle of Hell (Moving Between Apartments). You probably have a better idea than I do.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Boy, if only the "Don't Try to be Clever" rule included rules-lawyering discussion.

Content!

(Onos T'oolan, from the Malazan Book of the Fallen)

(Kell Hunters, from the same)

(Mappo Trell, ibid)

(Quick Ben and Talam, you get the drift)

:parrot:

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

silentsnack posted:

And dumb goofy drawings (which may or may not contain a butt) are definitely not worth arguing over anyway.

Correct.

Let it go, man, these are the arguments people use in bad faith to Be "Clever" About the Rules.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Mystic Mongol posted:

He didn't get his father's last name? No wonder he turned to a life of crime.

No kidding. Especially since he could totally claim it in a pedantry contest!

Ariong posted:

That's reverse-racist!

It also reminds me of a piece of fanart that I'd love if someone had on hand. It was for the Balance Arc of The Adventure Zone podcast. It was a comic from the perspective of Magnus about how Taako was always using magic to change his appearance, to the point that nobody knew what he really looked like. It was really well drawn and positive and nice. It also had a twist ending where it was revealed that since his twin sister had been erased from his memory, when he looked in the mirror at his normal face, he only saw static. Does anyone have that?

Well, I couldn't find the comic in question, but searching for "Taako Mirror Adventure Zone" still comes across some choice material:

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Let's see...are there any good Commitment Arc pieces yet?

SURVEY SAYS:

Aaaaand two more of the original arc, just for old time's sake:

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
So, having played Tales from the Borderlands (shut up, it was on sale six months ago) and having far more fun with it than I expected, I decided to go see if there was any good fanart of Rhys around.

Sadly, the most common stuff's far more dramatic...

...or badass...

...or ~mysterious~...

...than is really warranted.

This is close, I guess...

Oh wait, here we go.

THAT'S the ticket.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
The Sexy Brutale's a pretty neat game

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
It's 2018. Have some cereal mascot art.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
No tiny bird as spymaster, 4/10

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

A thing of awesome beauty.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Talkin' bout THINGS ONLY NINETIES KIDS WILL REMEMBER bullshit in another forum reminded me of this, so I went digging around. Turns out there's a lot less Morty Maxwell fanart than I'd have thought, or it's all buried under Camp Camp/Rick and Morty material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
As I recall, there were the Super Seekers (for the middle school tier "Treasure X" games) and the Super Solvers (for the upper school tier Super Solvers games). Doesn't look like the Seekers get too much material, but given that the Solvers have that iconic jacket/cap/polka-dot short combo...

...and, again of course, because ponies ruin everything...

Also, drat, that's not just Lost Mind of Dr. Brain fanart, that's also Time Warp of Dr. Brain. I'd recognize that lungfish from 200,000,000 BC anywhere.

SPEEEE-LUNK-ING

• Locked thread