Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«100 »
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

olives of shit

So new Pride watchface with today's update. Am I wrong that this is the first full color, full screen ambient mode watch face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hair Elf

Taima posted:

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm not giving it to him. Not sure what else to say about it. It's unfortunate that we disagree on the specifics though. Can we still be friends?

I just don't think that a thing that hasn't happened one single time with over 6 million products of that type being sold, is a giant concern. It's ok to not be into that assessment, though.

e: oh actually its over 30 million apple watches, where the thing being discussed has not happened, one time.
"Listen, no one's ever died being shot by *this* particular model of gun..."

Dick Nipples
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Taima posted:

Can we still be friends?

No - youíd try to burn me with a bad lithium ion battery.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Itís amazing this battery thing is still keeping the thread alive and itís also amazing that goon hasnít killed himself by even keeping the thing around.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

Yams Fan

I don't know which of the zillions of Apple app related threads this came up in recently, but this seems like a likely candidate: Sleep Cycle has re-added their watch app. It's a standalone app now.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I always get close to perfect month of closing rings and then one weekend I sleep in and miss the stand goal by an hour. Drives me insane!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get running
Start pumping your bunions, I'm coming
I'm the dumbest, who flamethrow your function to Funyons
Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest
Now face the flame fuckers your fame and fate's done with

Housh posted:

I always get close to perfect month of closing rings and then one weekend I sleep in and miss the stand goal by an hour. Drives me insane!
You're holding your day wrong.

Gay Retard
Jun 7, 2003

Housh posted:

I had a 6 month streak going on my Series 5 until I missed the move goal because my Watch didnít recognize standing for a few hours. Now I only care about completing my move goal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The stand goal is bullshit anyway.

I got up today and was walking around for a good 15 min doing house stuff and it didnít trigger the stand for the hour till I stood in one place.

Fucker.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

MarcusSA posted:

The stand goal is bullshit anyway.

I got up today and was walking around for a good 15 min doing house stuff and it didnít trigger the stand for the hour till I stood in one place.

Fucker.

Yeah mine does this a bit. You can game it by gently swinging your arms like 20 times, almost always triggers it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

My May challenge has been ďdouble your move goal 4 timesĒ which is an interesting one. Very easy to game since you control the move goal, but if you set your move goal correctly, kind of difficult to get without actually making an extra effort four times.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The stand reminders may be my favorite thing about the Apple Watch as someone who works sitting down and games a lot.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I gotta start jogging or I'll go nuts. My phone too big and I don't have LTE service on the watch. What's the options for offline music?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Tortured By Flan

I just copy music from my phone.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hair Elf

Housh posted:

I gotta start jogging or I'll go nuts. My phone too big and I don't have LTE service on the watch. What's the options for offline music?

You can copy music directly to the watch.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204691

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

My old apartment made it impossible to get stand credit for some reason unless I had my hands at my waist for a minute. It was on the second floor of the building, but that has never futzed with it at other places.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

SeANMcBAY posted:

The stand reminders may be my favorite thing about the Apple Watch as someone who works sitting down and games a lot.

Yeah itís actually really good for this. I kind of wish you could tweak it though so it reminds you to stand every 30 minutes but then you still get the credit each hour or something.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

You can copy music directly to the watch.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204691

Overcast is also insanely good for podcasts. However, my watch hasn't been handing off the AirPods from iPhone to Watch properly, or (apparently?) downloading the podcast files -- anybody else having that issue of late?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Am I missing something or is there no way with Apple Music to create a "radio" station from a song when playing standalone off the watch?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

harperdc posted:

Overcast is also insanely good for podcasts. However, my watch hasn't been handing off the AirPods from iPhone to Watch properly, or (apparently?) downloading the podcast files -- anybody else having that issue of late?

There was a recent change to Overcast in how it gets podcasts to the watch, with mixed results.

https://twitter.com/overcastfm/stat...4855728130?s=21

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

smackfu posted:

There was a recent change to Overcast in how it gets podcasts to the watch, with mixed results.

Ah, that might explain it! Iíll keep an eye on the updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

smackfu posted:

Awesome. This is one of the few things I've directly complained to an app dev about. The new version sucked (it purposefully only synced when the watch was docked, but failed most of the time anyway, and there is no status indicator or progress bar on either device).

«100 »