Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

carry on then posted:

Is the performance better on the newer watches? It takes forever to launch on my S0, and the complication would often get out of sync as the day went on.

The S3 in general is so much faster than the S0 it isn’t funny. I went from a S0 to a S3 and apps launch nearly instantly. It’s actually useful for more than passively displaying mirrored notifications from the phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Taima posted:

I still have no idea what people are regularly using their Apple Watch for that would require a faster processor. I have actively tried to figure out what part of my day would benefit from the new watches and have come up empty, so i'm still rocking the Series 0 black DLC stainless. And sure, it's not as bright, but it's OLED which is sweet if that's the kind of thing you appreciate.

What are y'all using that benefits so much from a fast processor?

I went from a S0 to a S3 and I don't do anything terribly crazy with my watch. Replying to texts with the canned responses took so long I could have taken out my phone and used it quicker, and Siri was downright unresponsive. Siri isn't great to begin with, but trying to get directions home would take at least a minute to respond and getting out my phone was always much quicker. The S3 is responsive enough I haven't had that moment of regret not using my phone in the first place. Weather pops up much quicker and HomeKit to control my nerd lightbulbs and nerd thermostat is actually fast enough to use on the S3 now too for when my phone is across the room. I could walk downstairs and across the house and use my phone quicker then my S0 could open up HomeKit and see anything.

Honestly a S2 or maybe even a S1 would be fast enough for what I use my watch for, but the GPS S3 is priced in a reasonable "Treat yo' self" realm for a self-birthday gift I went for it.