Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters
I thought I read a paper/article awhile back on how it is impossible to get an accurate reading optically.
But I mean there could have been a tech breakthrough since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

Crayvex posted:

A friend has a Series 4 with a cracked screen. Apple store guy told her that it’s cheaper to just buy a new watch rather than have it repaired. Is this really the case? Does anyone else fix these things?

Yeah, imagine my anger when I shelled out extra for the Series 3 SS model (because I tend to scratch my non-sapphire watches), only to have the screen pop off 3 months after Apple care ended.
I think they wanted something like 400 CDN$ for a repair.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

priznat posted:

Also interested in this, I found I kept having to "bump" them so just switched back to default weather.

Yeah as I recall they were the one of the few that had the Weather Conditions _and_ the temp in a small widget which is what I wanted, but it would not update often enough so I switched to the default weather's temp only.