Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

god this blows posted:

I have a co-worker who is getting an apple watch series 4 soon and was wondering what the recommended milanese loop knockoff is these days.

I have this one it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

buglord posted:

Thinking of going from a S2 42mm to a S4 40mm. I have small wrists so it seems like going smaller while still getting a bigger screen seems logical. My only hangup is battery life. Because i'm getting the smaller of the two S4s, does that mean i'm going to get worse battery life than my S2? My current experience with the S2 battery is fine. It tolerates me forgetting to charge it overnight and maybe takes 2 days before giving up the ghost. I'd rather keep that as a baseline when upgrading.

My 40mm S4 can go two days without charging.

edit: Probably more than that, I don't remember what the battery usually is after the 2nd day but I think it isn't running on fumes.

withak fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 14, 2019

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Raffles posted:

Are there any good milanese loop knockoffs? A lot on Amazon seem to be too cheap to be any good. I'd happily pay in the $30-50 range for something decent, but everything seems to be around $15 range (which is fine by me if there actually are any good)

The knockoff vendors come and go too fast for anyone to make recommendations. The one I got a month ago for :10bux: is fine, but isn't available any more.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Please don't strap a swollen Li-ion battery to your body. :ohdear:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

nerox posted:

I've had my watch since the S4 launched and just realized I could unlock it in the morning with my phone instead of typing my pin after I put it on. :stare:

Holy gently caress, mind blown.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Better to give the kid their own user account with appropriate restricted privileges.

:lol:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

I do not wish to pay $99 for a Milanese Loop. How do you guys feel about the bootleg Milanese Loops on Amazon. Anyone better than another? Also, are the sport loops washable?

I got a decent Milanese loop knockoff from amazon but the product page doesn't exist any more. I think that knockoff brands are generally fly-by-night operations so you just have to play roulette.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
IMO 40 mm feels closer to wearing a watch, 44 mm feels like strapping a small computing device to your wrist.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

Apple finally introduced their own stock one with watchOS 6.

Amazing new technology!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
PCalc in RPN mode rules.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sri.Theo posted:

Regulatory cost recovery charge?

Passive-aggressive way of business owners telling the customer "if you want to make us comply with regulations then we will pass the cost on to you, no way are we letting this cut into profits." See also: Healthy SF charge itemized on restaurant bills.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pants Donkey posted:

Took my watch off the charger before bed. Woke up in the middle of night. Watch had lost 60% charge in five hours :psyduck:

Is this just a weird thing with daylight saving time?

Jokes on you, it was actually 4 hours due to DST.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

OMG I just tried the Calculator on the watch and it has a tip / total breakdown calculator!

Finally living in the future.

Defaults to 20% also, nice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

mekyabetsu posted:

Is there a standard recommendation for an iPhone + Apple Watch charging pad/station? Ratings and prices seem to vary pretty widely.

I have this one, it works fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GK676V5/

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You basically have to gamble on whoever from Aliexpress or Amazon because the knockoff vendors come and go overnight and reviews are mostly faked. They are probably all selling from the same factory or two in China anyway.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just type it into google

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Aren’t you forced to set a passcode if you use your watch for Apple Pay?

If you set it to unlock the watch with the phone then you never have to actually enter the passcode.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Currently lying awake worrying about my sleep metrics.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

jink posted:

Time to stand!

Already met my stand goal tho.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
One of my coworkers wears his Apple Watch in a massive, Otterbox-style case. It's hilarious.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Your left arm might be converted to hamburger, but at least your watch won’t get scratched.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I rotate my screen protectors as part of my scheduled phone/watch maintenance cycle.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Everyone will laugh at you if you put a case on your watch.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

No one will care whatsoever.

They won't say anything to your face but they will still be laughing at you.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
BRB, finding an apartment compatible with my watch.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Get the smaller one.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
When will the rings be hooked up to Apple Pay so I can just pay to close them from the comfort of my couch?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It isn’t counting every time you stand up and move around, it wants you to stand up about once per hour. Timing comes in somewhere.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

I understand that but in what world is “standing up from my desk, walking to the kitchen, pouring a cup of coffee, and walking back to my desk” not standing up and moving around?

IDK maybe it already counted you standing up a little bit ago. Try again in an hour.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Sometimes shops have to press their own butan before the reader looks for it too.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Thom ZombieForm posted:

Oh TIL there’s a button next to the crown. Wtf is this button for other than Apple Pay, don’t answer I should figure this poo poo out

Only one way to find out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
IMO it's none of my watch's business whether I washed my hands.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
On the plus side, we will finally be able to text smells to people.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The knockoff bands probably come off the same production lines. Once they are finished making the 1,000,000 bands that Apple ordered and can afford to enforce their desired QC standards on, the factory just sends the QC guy home and brings in the cheapest materials they can find to crank out 10,000,000 more for the aliexpress market.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You will be in the best shape of your life!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Tim Cook is going to be reviewing the fitness tracking summary report on Feb 1 and when he gets to your name he is going to shake his head in disappointment.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think that is just some kind of video/robot coaching service, you don't need to pay anything to just track stuff.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah, check settings. Double clicking the button (not the crown) should bring up Wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Falling in the lake isn’t a workout.