Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I don’t think it’s really adhesive, it’s like one of those rubber dash pads that’s tacky (until it gets all dusty/oily and you have to wash it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I think arm position matters. If I’m sitting and let my arm hang down I get standing credit notifications sometimes.:smuggo:

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

That’s cool because I keep banging my watch on poo poo and jamming the buttons up.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I think the laptop may have detected an overcurrent and turned off the USB port.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Series 4 price drop is fine with me.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

It has no problem with my NorCal accent. I haven’t tried to say ‘hella’ to Siri however.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:hmmyes:

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Your step counts are gonna be through the roof when you use the vibrating thing. Or Apple will flag you as a chronic work masturbator and never hire you.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I shower, swim in the ocean, etc with my S3 and no issues. My wife asks me what the ‘ending water mode’ sound is every time like it’s the first time she’s heard it.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Sport loop supremacy

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Gay Retard posted:

I, too, enjoy wearing my $400+ watch with a $2 sport loop from AliExpress.

Now we know who buys the Neiman Marcus editions.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I just clicked a link in this thread from somebody saying “I ordered from these guys and they were good” but that’s probably 20 pages ago now...

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Dude, the reason you can't find documented cases of Apple Watches immolating peoples' wrists is that a swollen battery is the first step in its failure, and in the watches it also renders them pretty useless, as you have found. Only some rear end in a top hat forcing the watch to keep working with a swollen battery would be at risk for the failing battery to develop into a serious problem, and nobody is that loving clueless. Right?

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I’m really hoping the 6 adds enough health stuff to make me jump from my 3 (which is still going strong).

Same, although there’s some weird discoloration on the edges of my display...

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I have an alum. S3 and I’ve battered it and I’m pretty sure the only scratches are from when I’ve knocked it into concrete pilings. That’s the Achilles’ heel of these things, otherwise I smash it constantly because I’m clumsy af and it’s held up amazingly. Which is frustrating because I never have a (good) reason to upgrade.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

S6 preordered (44mm black alu / sport band). The screen on my S3 is developing a weird blue tinge around the edges that was slowly expanding. Otherwise it’s been a champ.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I got the Ultra, it’s huge but the battery life is worth it, I got 2ish days on my S6 and I’m getting 3-4 on this. Bought it with a trail loop but quickly replaced with a knockoff alpine loop. The trail loop is a lot stiffer than my old sport loops were and wasn’t comfortable at all. The alpine loop is much more comfy but I did have it pop open while I was doing some work on the boat engine so that was distressing. I got an ocean band too but I haven’t tried it yet because I love the alpine band so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I use Pocket Cast, I have only done watch-only podcasting a handful of times but my recollection is it was painless.