Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Bobstar posted:

That said, has anyone come across a metal band with this type of clasp (42mm if it matters)? I loved this when I used to have a Skagen watch - easy to close, secure, and continuously adjustable.

I feel like I'm turning into a monowear shill but the mesh loop is very similar http://amzn.to/2yw2MDi

Goes great with my SS and it's now my favorite band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Maybe if you make goofy poo poo hipsters and nerds like such as a strip of bacon or cats or some other dumb poo poo on it.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

I upgraded phones and it seems like I'm missing half of the apps I used to have on my watch when I switch the watch to the new phone. It's been 24 hours since I upgraded.

Edit: just checked here on day three, they’re all back now. I guess it just takes a long time to restore.

Haggins fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 26, 2017

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Now that I'm a couple months in, I'd figure I'd check in and offer my opinion on the usefulness of LTE. For me, so far, I've yet to be in a situation where I needed it, or rather there was a time when I couldn't carry my phone. It's really no burden to carry the phone. When I leave my phone behind, I feel like I'm going to need it and I eventually do. I thought maybe it'll help me disconnect when I'm out and about, but I don't think it's a problem I have. I do use my phone a lot, but rarely when I'm spending quality time with someone else or out at night. I got enough discipline.

Considering the X is now pretty compact, I don't run outside of a gym, and I'm not really engaged in watery activities, it's not worth the $10 a month. Now if I were outdoor runner or still lived in FL where I'd go to the beach/pools/waterparks all the time, I would probably keep it.

With that said, I will say the SS is totally worth it. My last watch was a sport S0 and I got scratched the gently caress up weeks in and eventually had a tiny crack. My SS still looks as new as the day I bought it.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don’t really like navigation on my watch. I’d rather glance over at my phone in its mount for a second than try to focus on a tiny screen on my wrist. It’s less time I have to take my eyes off the road. I also drive a stick shift, so raising my wrist takes my hand off the shifter. The buzzes in the watch are fine though.

Yeah I feel like it's safer to just use your phone on the car mount. It's alright if you're in a rental or someone else car that doesn't have a mount. Watch navigation is awesome for walking though.