Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

evilspacehopper posted:

Is it me or was there something off at the end? Then again it's been forever since I played Half-Life I guess I just forgot that bit.

It's what happens if you pull the sample out from the center of the test chamber. Most people don't even realize you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Kaubocks posted:

Panzer and I were going mad because we figured that would be the most surefire sign at how hosed up everything was, but instead people started pointing out poo poo like Barney is the wrong color.
I spent maybe half the video wondering if this was Half-Life: Source and you just weren't mentioning it. Something about it felt a little smoother thank I remembered, and the HUD seemed slightly more modern.

To be clear: While a little hesitant at first, I was totally on board with a solo LP of Half-Life, done in that really calm expository style.

Kaubocks posted:

People even noticed that Panzer was dressed up as a scientist and following me around!
:aaaaa:

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

AltaBrown posted:

Yeah, on second viewing all of Kaubock's odd movements suddenly made sense as him moving to mask you presence.

Oh boy, I just LOVE low-res textures! Lemme just ... stare at this wall for a while.

Edit: VVV Honestly he sounded too sincere for me to really believe it was an act. Thank you for confirming.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 15, 2017

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

You remember that time where, as a wee little kid, you were playing Ocarina of Time for the first time?
No.

I have never played Ocarina of Time. This LP is the closest to it I have ever come. Your actions and commentary are defining it for me, and if I ever do one day play Ocarina of Time, I will think back to this day, and this LP.

Please, continue.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

While it's not a bad custom Half-Life map, this thread may enjoy the story of an insane custom Half-Life map: Action Half-Life: The 5 a.m.

The comments are worth reading, as the mapmaker shows up and offers some thoughts.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Oh, absolutely, it's not the right spirit for this LP. But it's an interesting read, and at least tangentially related, so I thought I'd share.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Wait, has the rest of this LP been safe for work? Where do you work, Kaubocks?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Bloodborne introduced password-matching co-op sessions, which they carried forward into Dark Souls 3 and have said will be in the Dark Souls remaster (coming out in a month). It's a much better system for having persistent co-op with another player, but still probably not ideal for an LP.

Panzer Skank posted:

Lord I’ve already been taking Dramamine for every sven session. We could try eye again I guess!! We do have some other ideas for what’s next already tho :confuoot:
How the hell did 100FT ROBOT GOLF VR happen? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Should I take this LP as an endorsement of Cuphead?

• Locked thread