Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I never really watched it when it was on, I've seen a few episodes here and there.

I'm on the episode where Oscar plays hooky to hang out with his BF but Dwight fails to notice it.

Looking forward to Pam and Jim bangin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
pam & jim definitely bang

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The first three seasons are the best. It starts going down hill after that.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
poo poo show for idiots

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

poo poo show for idiots

yeah guess i should watch tim & eric fart at the camera 3000 or some other very cool show

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there was an invaluable thread in tv/iv once about what season to stop watching any show at. no unspoilered spoilers but definitive answers on where to stop watching. i cant find the drat thing

the only one i remember for sure was cutting miami vice at season 4

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
apparently greg daniels left after season 4?

i always end up seeing things to the end though.

i watched all of prison break for example. 2 prisons, 2 now we're out of the prison and iirc one was just like, there's horcruxes on a computer called scylla

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

maskenfreiheit posted:

yeah guess i should watch tim & eric fart at the camera 3000 or some other very cool show

You should watch The Originals

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
people say The Office starts getting bad in season 4
those people are wrong, Scott's Tots and Murder are among the best episodes in the show. they probably are just mad that the bullshit jim and pam will they/won't they ends with "they will" because when has that question ever not

people are also wrong about Dexter. don't watch through season 4. stop after season 1 unless you hunger for increasingly pale imitations of the ice truck killer arc where dexter meets somebody who is Like Him but then he has to kill them because actually they are Not, he is truly alone, optionally a major cast member dies, he is truly alone. or if you love watching deb dick around with her elderly boyfriend and other people in dexter's office getting family drama that goes absolutely nowhere I don't know maybe you do since you love jim and pam so loving much

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Cubone posted:

people are also wrong about Dexter. don't watch through season 4. stop after season 1
stop watching a couple minutes before season 1 ends. it gets really corny when he starts talking about his "dark passenger"

reminds me of the colbert soap opera clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXK78MqnrCU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

it's not bad op. just watched the whole thing again recently and I thought, hey, it's not bad.

season 9 is fuckin bad though

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I believe you're confusing Kevin Malone for Gary/Jerry/Larry Gergitch in Parks and Rec.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

actually @fart is in season 9

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The second and third seasons are the only ones really worth a drat. There are good episodes scattered in the rest of the series, but that's all that really holds up.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Cubone posted:

those people are wrong, Scott's Tots and Murder are among the best episodes in the show. they probably are just mad that the bullshit jim and pam will they/won't they ends with "they will" because when has that question ever not

people are also wrong about Dexter. don't watch through season 4. stop after season 1 unless you hunger for increasingly pale imitations of the ice truck killer arc where dexter meets somebody who is Like Him but then he has to kill them because actually they are Not, he is truly alone, optionally a major cast member dies, he is truly alone. or if you love watching deb dick around with her elderly boyfriend and other people in dexter's office getting family drama that goes absolutely nowhere I don't know maybe you do since you love jim and pam so loving much

Whoa, maybe post some spoiler tags there buddy! :argh:

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Someone told me that steve carrell leaves the office in the office, so he doesnt work in the office anymore.

If true, that is unfortunate, as he is the funniest person in the office.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
In the show they call him "Crazy Steve".

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

romanowski posted:

actually @fart is in season 9

That's Plop. Plop is cool and good. He's always taking dumps.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

romanowski posted:

it's not bad op. just watched the whole thing again recently and I thought, hey, it's not bad.

its a really good 'side show' that you can have on in a small window while you're dicking around online. or on in the background on your TV or something

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I just started watching season 1. It's alright I guess.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

I just started watching season 1. It's alright I guess.

You should stop now.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the office is like b or c rank comedy. knock out the a material before getting down to it

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I liked the show all the way through season five.

It drops off pretty sharply after that (and takes a nosedive in season 9)

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
When does Ellie Kemper show up? Wendy's girl is finneeeee

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Season 6 or 7 I think, but they try to make her and Ed Helms' character the new Jim/Pam and it doesn't work at all. I hate Ed Helms' character so much. He was clearly designed as a bit player and got stretched past the breaking point.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

The only great Office is the British office. This thread is now exclusively about Finchy.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

mind the walrus posted:

Season 6 or 7 I think, but they try to make her and Ed Helms' character the new Jim/Pam and it doesn't work at all. I hate Ed Helms' character so much. He was clearly designed as a bit player and got stretched past the breaking point.

Yeah they really ruin the Andy character

He starts off as a smarmy and ego-driven office sidekick, which works just fine imo, but then later on he transitions into this unwatchable socially-emasculated doormat :sad:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
"i'd like a magazine"
"sir we just need your urine"
"i'd still like a magazine"

Kevin is the best character

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ozza posted:

The only great Office is the British office. This thread is now exclusively about Finchy.

Much like everything else made in GB the British version of the office is trash.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Much like everything else made in GB the British version of the office is trash.

Peep Show is good :colbert:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

apparently greg daniels left after season 4?

i always end up seeing things to the end though.

i watched all of prison break for example. 2 prisons, 2 now we're out of the prison and iirc one was just like, there's horcruxes on a computer called scylla

The show turns to SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT at the end

Pretend the wedding episode is the finale

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

romanowski posted:

season 9 is barely watchable until the jim & pam storyline kicks into high gear, I usually get disgusted and skip to the finale when i rewatch

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

also they completely whiffed on that Dwight spinoff

What's for sale with Dwight is the freaks, you can't just bring in some normal pretty Schrutes, like WTF

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ozza posted:

I tried to watch the British version years ago and it was so cringe worthy I just felt embarrassed to be watching it.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Pawn 17 posted:

I tried to watch the British version years ago and it was so cringe worthy I just felt embarrassed to be watching it.

:thejoke:

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Cubone posted:

everybody is a loving critic.

nobody is forcing you to watch it to the end. you wasted your own time so you might as well put a few episodes, characters, and themes together before you magically become roger loving ebert.

your segway between the office and dexter was wonderful.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

for me to poop on

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Garcin posted:

everybody is a loving critic.

nobody is forcing you to watch it to the end. you wasted your own time so you might as well put a few episodes, characters, and themes together before you magically become roger loving ebert.

your segway between the office and dexter was wonderful.

wut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
in retrospect, jim was an insufferable twat and charles miner did nothing wrong

• Locked thread