Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
With Kansas, UNC and A&M falling I'm really hoping a weekend Purdue win pushes em into the top ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Ah, couldn't be a Mizzou game without giving up a huge double digit lead

This team is definitely not mentally tough enough to make it out of the opening weekend of the tourney if they make it

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 4, 2018

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Trae Young finishes his worst game of the season a rebound shy of a triple-double and waxes his rival by like 25 points. I love my son.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Ungratek posted:

We've struggled in Blacksburg recently so this has been really cathartic :D

Did not expect that, at least not that level of dominance or VT's abject surrender. Did, however, expect the shithousing delivered to NC State by Notre Dame. Gonna be a long league season.

edit: haha, UConn lost to this year's Tulsa team, what a disaster Kevin Ollie's proving to be

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

FartingBedpost posted:

Haarms might be my favorite dude to watch post-play. He’s having more fun than everybody.

He's a blast, he's well on pace to set a new season record for blocks for a Purdue freshman, and narrowly on pace for the most blocks by any Purdue player in a single season.

After the game Rutgers' coach referred to Haas by name and to Haarms as "the other one" which made me laugh

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Will be interesting to see how Trae Young handles West Virginia's press defense.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Did not expect that, at least not that level of dominance or VT's abject surrender. Did, however, expect the shithousing delivered to NC State by Notre Dame. Gonna be a long league season.

edit: haha, UConn lost to this year's Tulsa team, what a disaster Kevin Ollie's proving to be

Today will go a long way to telling us the legit-ness of this year’s UVA squad. And I think the coaches are getting better at using the right players in the right situation. Salt got the quick hook against VT in favor of Mamadi who was much more useful against Tech’s (lack of) size. And Hunter at the 4 is a great matchup-based position for him. This may well be the best team of the Tony Bennett era. More guys who can contribute points, none of the glaring weaknesses of some teams past.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh good, Florida Mizzou is on CBS so more people are going to be watching how hopeless this team is now at point guard.

e: I mean they were hopeless anyway at that position, but now you can't even tell yourself there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 6, 2018

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
loving wisconsin dumbshit turnovers and miss 3s all game then lose by 4 in loving jersey

The providence xavier game owns at least

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Xavier going down at Providence. Big East is tough this year, Georgetown and DePaul aside.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

elentar posted:

Xavier going down at Providence. Big East is tough this year, Georgetown and DePaul aside.

I hope the Seton Hall @ Butler is a good one. And of course...that Butler wins.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lmao at that being what Tilmon fouls out on

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
like a billion teams ahead of Purdue went down so let's beat Nebraska please

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Bad Arizona is back.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Today will go a long way to telling us the legit-ness of this year’s UVA squad. And I think the coaches are getting better at using the right players in the right situation. Salt got the quick hook against VT in favor of Mamadi who was much more useful against Tech’s (lack of) size. And Hunter at the 4 is a great matchup-based position for him. This may well be the best team of the Tony Bennett era. More guys who can contribute points, none of the glaring weaknesses of some teams past.

On today's evidence, they're pretty drat legit. Choked the life out of a decent UNC offense and got their points against a very good UNC defense. Their depth is clearly better this year, both situationally and in absolute terms. They've been less prone to the long blackouts of some of the other years, which left them doing the one thing Bennett's system can't do well, chase games. Barring injury, suspension, etc., they're likely to be favored in every game the rest of the way except at Duke; anyone who beats them will really have earned it.

Maybe they won't trip on their dicks (or suffer calamitous illnesses, surgeries, vengeful acts of god) in the NCAAs this year.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The reffing in this Florida-Mizzou game has been insane on both sides. It's very good that Missouri has timed things perfectly to blow their lead at the very end of the game

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lmao

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Oh good, Florida Mizzou is on CBS so more people are going to be watching how hopeless this team is now at point guard.

e: I mean they were hopeless anyway at that position, but now you can't even tell yourself there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh my loving god, out of nowhere after I say this they play their best game of the season as far as turnovers go (I'm not 100% sure on that but it wasn't awful and it's been awful a lot).

And then at the very loving end that happens.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahaha I love Chiozza

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat Seton Hall is bad at free throws.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Here is the end of UF and Mizzou if you missed it

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/949735078602526720

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Refs are starting to call some bullshit fouls to help Seton Hall out.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Well that sucked. Oh well, as long as everybody's healthy when it counts.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Ehud posted:

lol this is fantastic

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Refs are starting to call some bullshit fouls to help Seton Hall out.

And it just keeps on happening.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Speaking of the SEC, LSU won at Texas A&M on this
https://twitter.com/sinow/status/949750910833618946

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

K-State looking like straight dookie so far

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

elentar posted:

Aggies had the ball with 11 seconds left and inbounded to the power forward, who missed both FT's

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Boilers bitch

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Matey posted:

K-State looking like straight dookie so far

Texas Tech is Not Fooling Around. Tough to know how good they were until conference play hit because their schedule was mostly awful but results seem pretty good so far.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

elentar posted:

Texas Tech is Not Fooling Around. Tough to know how good they were until conference play hit because their schedule was mostly awful but results seem pretty good so far.

Yeah, and I can't even be mad since they've been not great for quite a while. And obviously that win over Kansas owned

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ehud posted:

Big fan of this.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech has not trailed in a Big XII game yet this season. I like having a team that's good.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Somebody pull a fire alarm or call in a bomb or whatever it takes to end the State-Duke game now, it’s way, way downhill from here.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
This is the year! Huggy gonna bring the natty back to morgantown!

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

elentar posted:

Another amazing part about this is that the LSU guy hit another deep three to bring LSU within 2 the possession right before,

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Duke is playing 1990s basketball and is about to lose. On the one hand gently caress Duke, but on the other I am baffled by coaching Coach K has suddenly decided to do. And I hate State, too. So poo poo.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

hahaha gently caress Duke gently caress UNC today is a good day

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress Duke, Go Wolfpack.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress Duke forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I know Self is trying to adapt to a post-Steph Curry world and making shooting more of a thing for the Jayhawks, combined with the whole not having any post players thing, but the scheme for this year's KU team of, "Uh, we'll shoot the lights out, that's our offensive strategy," has been trash to watch and just leads to a lot of poor play that never gets past the perimeter because "it doesn't need to." It's not working and is leading to the shittiest play I've ever seen from a Jayhawks team, and I've watched years where the point was managed by Elijah Johnson. This loving sucks to watch.

• Locked thread