Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

116 points. I'm real excited about this offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia wins 93-49, most points in a game by a Tony Bennett UVA team. Austin Peay terrible but Cavaliers are undeniably much more athletic across the board this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Either Missouri is amazing or Wagner is just loving awful (Wagner is awful).

e: Also Michael Porter Jr is not even on the bench to watch the game :ohdear:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU is down 13 to Milwaukee. This is going to be a long long long season.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

I don't want to jump the gun or anything but I don't think this team is going to make a Sweet 16 run.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

You bastards were supposed to be good so I could feel good.

It won't be fun when this corrects itself: after being an historically bad three point shooting team last year Missouri's on fire for the first game and a half (plus that KU scrimmage/game). Which, some of it is new guys sure. Better offense, better spacing, blah blah. But a lot of it is the same guys who couldn't hit water from a boat no matter how open they were last year, and that doesn't seem like it'll last.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Pitt has now lost to Navy and Montana back to back and is going to get brutalized in the ACC. What a phenomenally bad hire Kevin Stallings is proving to be.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

elentar posted:

Pitt has now lost to Navy and Montana back to back and is going to get brutalized in the ACC. What a phenomenally bad hire Kevin Stallings is proving to be.

He turned things around at Vanderbilt. What went wrong?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou running bad teams out of the gym is really really nice to see

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

I don't want to jump the gun or anything but I don't think this team is going to make a Sweet 16 run.

I’m seriously just hoping they improve shooting the rest of the season. They have been straight up terrible the first two games.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bring hoiberg home

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
If Coffey can find some consistency and Lynch can stay out of foul trouble... could be a fun season in the barn.

I'm already in love with Jellyfam and Pitino's going to march onto the court and strangle him one day.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Does anyone really, genuinely want to watch Duke vs. Michigan State? Like, even fans of those two teams?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are you kidding? gently caress yes. Bagley vs Bridges. Duvall. Hall of Fame coaches.

If you don't want to watch counting down the seconds until Grayson Allen trips somebody then I just don't know.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
gently caress DUKE!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Pleased to hear the 'gently caress Grayson Allen' boos

Go Green!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sky Shadowing posted:

gently caress DUKE!

:hai:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Duke should be down like 10 points now and somehow is up 4 so that's cool.

But it's also the first game of the season starting 4 freshmen so who cares. Not looking terrible is all I can ask for

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RIP Bagley's eye

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ive never watched a college basketball game before

Ultimate Champions Classic sounds like this will be good tv

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought you were named after Duke

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sparty was looking good for the first ~5 minutes of the game but have been tripping over their own dick ever since.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well they're on fire now all of a sudden. I'm amazed every time MSU gets a rebound. Duke is huge even without Bagley

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, very erratic first half for Sparty. Good to real bad to great to bad.

gently caress Grayson Allen.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Get your heads in the game Sparty :mad:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Typical Duke cheapshot bullshit

that was flagrant af

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

This kryzewskizykszkizkiskiyzczksi vs izzo game doesn't suck

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Matt Haarmes loving rules

Purdue shooting under 30% but still up 6 so far.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well obviously I'm not happy w/ the loss but I'm not concerned either. Duke (gently caress Duke) is a fantastic team, Allen (gently caress Allen) was on loving fire, and we had way too many turnovers and didn't rebound well at all. Fixable problems for 2 games into the season.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I'm just glad that we as a nation can all agree that Grayson Allen clowning people is Extremely Cool

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Adun posted:

I'm just glad that we as a nation can all agree that Grayson Allen clowning people is Extremely Cool

Mods?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Pretty cool result. Duke looked like a monster on the boards even without the team's best rebounder and Trevon Duval looked awesome. Michigan State's a great team and considering we started 4 freshmen I can't wait to see how they look after playing together for 3 months.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Marquette is trying to guard Isaac Haas 1 on 1. It is not going well.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

So sick of guys buying fouls with that bullshit head jerk.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I don't like ESPN's new score graphic. I don't like Kentucky being listed as "Kent".

e: I do like this run by Kentucky.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Can't just leave the ball in Graham's hands the whole game. Need more ball movement.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'm the guy screaming at the top of his lungs HE HAD ALL BALLL.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Somebody .gif that dude Superman flexing after that oop

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Criminal Minded posted:

Somebody .gif that dude Superman flexing after that oop

https://twitter.com/SamHaammer/status/930656259526639616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Stanford lost at home to Eastern Washington.

• Locked thread