Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't handle inevitably getting owned by illinois tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WHOA WHO THE gently caress IS THIS RIDICULOUS GUILE GUMBY PLAYING FOR PURDUE

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Georgia Tech is losing to Grambling pretty late on. Probably still won't happen.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is going to lose, but vic law loving owns
https://twitter.com/NUOnBTN/status/936785707569364992

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

elentar posted:

Georgia Tech is losing to Grambling pretty late on. Probably still won't happen.

holy poo poo, they pulled it off. Kenpom had Grambling at 338 coming in, a 22-point dog to GT. And they won on a ball that Tech hit into their own basket!

guess they should've heeded the warning of only beating Bethune-Cookman by 3 a couple weeks back.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

elentar posted:

holy poo poo, they pulled it off. Kenpom had Grambling at 338 coming in, a 22-point dog to GT. And they won on a ball that Tech hit into their own basket!

guess they should've heeded the warning of only beating Bethune-Cookman by 3 a couple weeks back.

man, northwestern is terrible

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Boilers bitch

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Dakota Mathias owns.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the refs in this game are loving atrocious, calling a loving foul on every possession with no consistency loving both teams and making the game unwatchable

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

R.D. Mangles posted:

the refs in this game are loving atrocious, calling a loving foul on every possession with no consistency loving both teams and making the game unwatchable

Just hot loving garbage. Alstork jumped out of bounds, foul NU.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern lost this game because they couldn't hit a single wide-open corner three

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's game, northwestern's done

they've lost literally every televised game this season, it's over, never going to make the tournament again

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Boise State beat Oregon on a halfcourt buzzer beater.
edit: https://twitter.com/KTVBSportsGuy/status/936816128487186434

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Call on Alstork at the end was bad, but we got plenty of calls throughout the game. NU bad though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gvibes posted:

Call on Alstork at the end was bad, but we got plenty of calls throughout the game. NU bad though.

THEY CAN'T HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A FREAKIN' BARN, GVIBES

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

glad my man isaiah brown came through, though, i desperately want him to be the short, shooty off-the-bench guy

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The Kohl Center at halftime:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake just shithoused Richmond 82-53.

Richmond is terrible but holy poo poo Doral Moore is a monster.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Both Syracuse and KU with some pretty garbage offense to start this game

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

UConn going to OT with Monmouth.

edit: and wins. living dangerously though.

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 3, 2017

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
We had better not lose to UC Irvine before our huge week coming up.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is the worst Sean Miller Arizona team probably.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
College basketball is extremely frustrating to watch sometimes.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
that's a bad loss for unlv

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

It got closer than it should have towards the end, but k-state held out and won against vanderbilt. dy no mite

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Isaac Haas rules, carried Purdue 2 games in a row

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Haas and Mathias have grown a lot. :unsmith:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
San Diego State is beating the 6 game win streak out of my Bradley Braves

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Illinois was down 20 in the second half. Only down 2 now. We'll still lose, but OK

gvibes fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 4, 2017

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

gvibes posted:

Illinois was down 20 in the second half. Only down 2 now. We'll still lose, but OK

The team an hour northwest from Champaign has taken over as the cool and good Illinois college basketball team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The annual loss to FSU

What is this? Four years in a row?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cool so we are getting the poo poo kicked out of us and Hayes is hurt so we just got even shorter.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

Ehud posted:

Cool so we are getting the poo poo kicked out of us and Hayes is hurt so we just got even shorter.

We can’t have nice things.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The difference in effort was incredible. FSU was flying to our perimeter shooters all night, flying for rebounds and second chance points, flying to intercept our lazy passes.

We looked slow and I know we are not.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Virginia plays at WVU today, they'll probably lose but important to go on the road against a high-tempo team before ACC play kicks in. Mountaineers might be as good as anyone in the ACC anyway, short of Duke.

edit: Villanova looking really good against Gonzaga, probably the best team they'll play until the NCAAs. Xavier and Seton Hall looking like the only Big East threats so far.

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 6, 2017

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

Virginia plays at WVU today, they'll probably lose but important to go on the road against a high-tempo team before ACC play kicks in. Mountaineers might be as good as anyone in the ACC anyway, short of Duke.

Virginia takes the expected L but kept it close till the very end. Gonna have to get more from the players around Kyle Guy to win games like this, but there aren't many teams that will push UVA this hard.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Things I did not expect from Missouri this year: a team full of a bevy of 6'10+ guys to be 100% completely reliant on the three. Good news? Spacing is pretty good and a lot of these shots are good shots. Jontay Porter especially is really good at finding someone open outside. Bad news? Jesus Christ you'd think they'd score some more inside.

Also good news tonight: Missouri turned it on from 3, and Miami of Ohio is a super bad team. Which it needed to be to not get a 15 point lead by the time there was 8 minutes left in the half and Mizzou started hitting said threes. Bad news would be they spent the majority of the half just giving the ball away for no discernible reason.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
So, I would have been fine with this performance if it hadn't been a huge chokejob

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Definition of a trap game tonight for Texas and we still pulled out the W at VCU. I'm pleased. Bamba with 13/13/4 and only 1 turnover.

Dylan O is a legit conference player of the year candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
This UConn/Cuse game is sad. All anyone can think about is what these games were, and this UConn team shares very little of those Big East teams. Way way too sloppy

• Locked thread