Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We could probably just make this the Nov/Dec thread I'd imagine.

This Kentucky game is probably going to get un-interesting really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Are they doing a 24 hour thing this year?

I enjoyed getting to watch Hawaii play whoever at 4 AM one year when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

A&M was at one point down 13 in the first half and now leads by 29

I didn't realize A&M was ranked, but even if I did I wouldn't have expected a complete blowout vs WVU.

e: Based on 15 minutes of watching them it seems like Kentucky's half court offense kind of sucks, but lord help you if you let them get in transition.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 11, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Today is my birthday.

Rock chalk.

Happy birthday to you.

Death to your team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know if they'll actually be good but holy poo poo this is so much more fun than anything in the last 4 years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh...Michael Porter Jr is icing his hip on the bench and has only played 2 minutes.

Good...good...I was in danger of having hope.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou waxing Iowa State but they still look like a young team that is gonna drop a game they should win at some point.

I'm torn between thinking they're actually playing good D and noting that Iowa State is just ridiculously off tonight.

Also I'm officially :ohdear: as hell about MP Jr.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like this Wigginton guy for Iowa State, I feel like he's going to be really good eventually.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m not watching the game, but apparently ISU can’t shoot for poo poo.

Some of it is Missouri's height, they're hard to shoot over. But yeah, Iowa State is just missing a ton too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Either Missouri is amazing or Wagner is just loving awful (Wagner is awful).

e: Also Michael Porter Jr is not even on the bench to watch the game :ohdear:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

ISU is down 13 to Milwaukee. This is going to be a long long long season.

You bastards were supposed to be good so I could feel good.

It won't be fun when this corrects itself: after being an historically bad three point shooting team last year Missouri's on fire for the first game and a half (plus that KU scrimmage/game). Which, some of it is new guys sure. Better offense, better spacing, blah blah. But a lot of it is the same guys who couldn't hit water from a boat no matter how open they were last year, and that doesn't seem like it'll last.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The gently caress is this Pac 12 network poo poo :mad:

Time to find a stream I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Phew, Missouri really lucky to only be down 16. Somewhere I mentioned that Mizzou isn't going to shoot threes like this all year, yeah tonight they're proving it. Also not hitting anything else other than some free throws, I think half of their points or more have come at the line.

Reed Nikko is going to be an important part of this team with Tilmon and Jontay Porter both being foul magnets. Plus: He's big. Minus: he's one of the most useless offensive players in the nation.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, whoever these announcers are:

The increased popularity of the world cup in America is the reason people take dives in basketball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It is amazing Missouri scored 59 points tonight. I don't care how many of them were in garbage time (at least 30).

Missouri terrible again :rip:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How long should I wait before absolutely panicking about Michael Porter Jr?

This is the second game where he's apparently not healthy enough to sit on the bench with his teammates.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou looks bad again

Tilmon has played like 4 minutes without a foul. This is improvement.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Think I'm done watching tonight. Don't care to watch Mizzou grind out a 5 point win at home against loving Emporia State.

Aaaaahahahaha, this might be an optimistic outcome.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Haha, I missed the last 10 minutes of the game but that was well called.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

How long should I wait before absolutely panicking about Michael Porter Jr?

This is the second game where he's apparently not healthy enough to sit on the bench with his teammates.

I guess I got my answer!

:shepicide:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't believe Long Beach State is supposed to be anything special this year, but Mizzou looks much better offensively today.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee good?

Probably not? I believe they're predicted to be in the bottom third of the conference, aren't very tall and don't shoot very well. But no one really knows at this point so there's always hope.

e: Just checked out their schedule, and so far so good! I didn't realize they'd beaten Purdue yesterday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I really think Tilmon will be great eventually, at least on the college level.

But man it might not be soon with the fouls.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In an imaginary world where fouls and turnovers didn't exist Missouri could be a top 15 team.

This is...not the actual world though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like how Missouri found the black hole of the annoying white guy who's going to play in college for 10 years.

Cullen Van Leer is a no skill three only shooter, except he can't hit anything ever. So he's definitely annoying, he just annoys Missouri fans. And for some reason or another coaches play him constantly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Eh, I mean I'm obviously really disappointed. But the program is in a much better place because Porter Jr came here than it was even if he only ever plays 2 minutes. He was a big part of bringing all these other recruits, and even though I'm probably going to complain about fouls and turnovers all season long (with reason) the team is already so much more competitive than it ever was in the last three and arguably four or five years.

I guess if I step back from the dream of something like Texas with Kevin Durant--which was honestly never realistic--I'm pretty happy with a middle or hopefully upper-middle of the conference SEC team after recent years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou hanging with WVU, this team looks like they could be a bubble team.

Seems early on in the season they live and die by the three so far in the season, which is not what I expected from such a tall team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Feels like Missouri's going to cool down from three and WVU is going to take over eventually in the second half, but the Mountaineers are in all sorts of foul trouble.

I'm proud of Jeremiah Tilmon for playing a half of basketball and only having one foul.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Handle the press just fine all game, all of a sudden 7 turnovers in 9 possessions.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Quit trying to drain the clock you loving idiots

I don't think it's even really this, although Cuonzo probably wanted to try this. They're just rattled and don't know what to do with all the pressure.

e: Where is Blake Harris? I haven't even heard his name tonight. Did he get hurt?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Tacko Fall is too fuckin tall

That man is a monster, he's so ridiculously big.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

So are we gonna see the refs give a bunch of calls to Mizzou to even out these fouls like against WVU?

They just ignored a cylinder violation on Tilmon at least.

It was ridiculously obvious too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I honestly don't know if I've ever seen someone just run on the floor and get a T, other than like Dennis Hopper in Hoosiers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Things I did not expect from Missouri this year: a team full of a bevy of 6'10+ guys to be 100% completely reliant on the three. Good news? Spacing is pretty good and a lot of these shots are good shots. Jontay Porter especially is really good at finding someone open outside. Bad news? Jesus Christ you'd think they'd score some more inside.

Also good news tonight: Missouri turned it on from 3, and Miami of Ohio is a super bad team. Which it needed to be to not get a 15 point lead by the time there was 8 minutes left in the half and Mizzou started hitting said threes. Bad news would be they spent the majority of the half just giving the ball away for no discernible reason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not watching this game at all really but I'm guessing Green Bay doesn't play defense at all? Mizzou in danger of getting to 60 at the half, and Missouri does not score like this.

I'm surprised they've had enough possessions to get this many points.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey, they got to 100 with a walk on three. :toot:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

alpha_destroy posted:

Yeah but they couldn't cover the spread.

I'm still in the mode of being happy with any win.

Did they just tie last year's win total or would that be the next game if they win?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not watching a ton of this but it looks like Missouri will pass their season total of wins last year on December 16.

My god Kim Anderson was such a ridiculous hire.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri up 8, should probably be down 15 or so. It's like every possession is either a made three or a turnover, they're like 12-13 or something from 3 in the first half.

e: Oh, only 8-12 from 3. They were 8-8 to start which is why I was thinking that. I don't care if you're Syracuse, you should press or trap the hell out of Missouri this year and get an easy win if they aren't just on fire shooting.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I've been impressed at how dumb Kassius Robertson is. He's a good to very good college basketball player right up until he dribbles the ball.

And yeah the officiating has been....something.

• Locked thread