Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

kittenmittons posted:

Getting back Keita Bates-Diop this year helped a lot, too. He is really loving good.
Yeah Matta sadly being washed is a big part of it but this is huge too. Everyone knew he'd be back and that he was a solid contributor, but instead he's the frontrunner for Big Ten POTY which is a huge boost for the team comparatively.

Btw, they seem pretty much for real. They have one loss since December, to UNC, and even in that game KBD had a positive +/- but was hampered by foul trouble. North Carolina's big run came when he was subbed out. A lot of their Big Ten wins have been by convincing margins.

Lyle was arrested last spring for punching a police car.

Edit: incidentally, theyre playing an away game against an "ok" northwestern team tonight which is a decent test since theyve only played away at iowa and wisconsin in conference so far

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

PotatoJudge posted:

Also Jaquan Lyle left. Supposedly he was a big distraction / locker room problem.

*Looks at next year's New Mexico team*

Oh goooood. Hopefully he's a Drew Gordon or Danny Granger type.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

Texas Tech plays in Austin tonight. They haven't won here in over 20 years. Hopefully this team fixes that.

:(

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

next year!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

next year!

Y'all are seriously looking insane this year. Never would've thought TCU and Tech would be competent in basketball again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
N: Mizzou gets a win over Kenpom #12 (no really, Tennessee was Kenpom #12?)

V: didn't hit a field goal for the last 6 minutes of the game and gave up a 10 point lead. This team unfortunately cannot actually be good with the total lack of anything resembling a point guard.

On the other hand they've left wins on the floor against Florida, WVU and...Arkansas somehow. I guess Arkansas isn't that impressive but it was such a horrible match up and they should have won that game.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

N: Mizzou gets a win over Kenpom #12 (no really, Tennessee was Kenpom #12?)

V: didn't hit a field goal for the last 6 minutes of the game and gave up a 10 point lead. This team unfortunately cannot actually be good with the total lack of anything resembling a point guard.

On the other hand they've left wins on the floor against Florida, WVU and...Arkansas somehow. I guess Arkansas isn't that impressive but it was such a horrible match up and they should have won that game.

:(

Glad to see Cuonzo beat us though, we deserve it after what we did to him. Really hurts though, probably ended any chance of us winning the regular season SEC championship.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Next season will have an earlier, midweek start to work in high-profile openers without running up against football. Also there will be a mandatory three-day holiday break off for players. Link.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

elentar posted:

Next season will have an earlier, midweek start to work in high-profile openers without running up against football. Also there will be a mandatory three-day holiday break off for players. Link.

Holy poo poo, the NCAA is learning?

I mean, it's not "pay the players" but they're taking cues from the NBA at least.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

N: Evansville lost to Indiana State after rallying back from a 10+ point deficit.
V: :argh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
K State will apparently be wearing these against TCU:

...ok then. That is...different.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
mizzou is going to the final four this year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

K State will apparently be wearing these against TCU:

...ok then. That is...different.

Those are rad

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

poor Kamau Stokes, only got to wear a lavender jersey for the photoshoot :(

but yeah

MourningView posted:

Those are rad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You didn't post the lavender shoes.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

oh hell yeah

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Usually you have to be an Italian soccer team or something to have the balls for that kit, good on Kansas State.

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 19, 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I want those loving shoes so hard

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Yeah those shoes own a lot

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Coco13 posted:

they play Wisconsin twice still

Illinois just lost by 25. shut down the program

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly ban the entire state of illinois from playing college basketball

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

R.D. Mangles posted:

honestly ban the entire state of illinois from playing college basketball sports

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

mastershakeman posted:

Illinois just lost by 25. shut down the program

This was intensely cathartic.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/954541037464309761

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

On one hand, lol IU. On the other, goddammit, State remembered how to play basketball.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AF_Academy/status/954731833236758528

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

https://deadspin.com/suspended-kansas-freshman-billy-preston-to-go-play-in-b-1822261300

Billy Preston is going to Bosnia

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
If Zion Williamson commits to Duke, Coach K will have the top 3 players of the 2019 class.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It sucks when your pessimistic prediction turns out true

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Don't blame him a bit to be honest.

Man, the NCAA seriously needs to go gently caress itself.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Khagan posted:

If Zion Williamson commits to Duke, Coach K will have the top 3 players of the 2019 class.

And Coach K used to get such a boner hating on one and done players lol

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tacko Fall is done for the year, he is getting surgery to fix a shoulder problem that has bugged him all season.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU's last four games:

@ KU L 83-78
Baylor W 75-65
@ TCU L 96-73
Texas Tech W 70-52
@ Texas L 73-57

This team is all over the loving place. I know the losses are all away, but they just barely lost to KU while getting crushed by TCU and Texas.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

This team is all over the loving place. I know the losses are all away, but they just barely lost to KU while getting crushed by TCU and Texas.

TCU is actually kinda good to really good? It's hard for me to believe too.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I know TCU is good this year, it's just that after that loss, they go and beat Texas Tech by a convincing margin.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The reason KU wins the Big 12 every year is they go and get one signature away game win and then the rest of the Big 12 consumes itself with I guess...parity?

edit: WVU, OU and TT are a combined 1-6 since last Monday

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 24, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

TCU is actually kinda good to really good? It's hard for me to believe too.

Pitt was generous enough to gift wrap them a really good coach for no particular reason.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

The reason KU wins the Big 12 every year is they go and get one signature away game win and then the rest of the Big 12 consumes itself with I guess...parity?

edit: WVU, OU and TT are a combined 1-6 since last Monday

This is so loving annoying. It's worse than the AFC.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

I know this is unsustainable and will get blown up in Cameron next time out, but UVA's adjusted defensive efficiency right now is 81.5. Most years no one gets much below 85 to 86; the lowest I found in the Kenpom era is 2009 Memphis at 84.2, then the 38-1 Kentucky team in 2015 at 84.4. The next closest this year is Cincinnati at 85.6, which again most years would easily be enough to finish first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
everybody had been talking about Kansas weaseling back to the top of the Big 12 but I didn't realize they were already up there, even after last night's loss.

Even in a weak conference, every Purdue game gets me super worried. I have to tell myself that going 4-2 over the next six (vs UM, @ IU, vs MD, @ RUT, vs OSU, @ MSU) is okay, but the first conference loss is going to send me into a typical Purdue tailspin

• Locked thread