Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Iowa basketball, let's be mad again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PotatoJudge posted:

Here's an article about the Cayman Island Classic that Iowa is playing in. It compares the tournament to the Frye Festival debacle.

is Iowa really playing THAT badly though?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

if NW is counting on shots like this saving them all year and getting them back into the tournament, I daresay they are going to be disappointed in 2018

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern basically has to go insane in Big Ten play to have a chance at the tournament, NIT most likely. Never play in Rosemont.

awwww I'm so sorry for you, Bryant McIntosh

lol jk get hosed northwestern

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue got up to 5 in the AP poll before losing at Michigan and Minnesota this week and will be dropped to 19th by next Monday. still enjoying that top 5 while it lasts

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PotatoJudge posted:

Fully expecting a giant turd to be dropped in Crisler, but if they lose to the walking corpse of what's left of Minnesota something went horribly wrong.

it's in the barn, that's what went wrong

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Boilers, bitch

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
boy oh boy do Iowa fans miss the Steve Alford days, got me all like "looooooooooool"

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MourningView posted:

Lol not even a little. This year is bad but the program is going in the right direction generally and he has already done more than Alford did outside of the dumb conference tournament. Tom Davis had down years too

loooooooool

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MourningView posted:

In which we white knight for someone who advised a rape victim to pray the rape away rather than go to the police

what

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
hmmmm, guess we'll see

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue continues to be good, which is good, and cool

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

elentar posted:

After whipping Minnesota today, Purdue is up to #2 on Kenpom. They’re not gonna lose many in this year’s Big Ten.

at Michigan State, home again Ohio State and Michigan, and at IU are the ones that worry me most. If they go .500 in those games they have a great chance to win the Big10

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I didn’t realize Minnesota was such trash

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Regnevelc posted:

How is MSU still top 10 after getting blown out by Ohio State, going to OT with Rutgers, and losing by double digits at home to Michigan?

they’re ~~TALENTED~~

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sportsgenius86 posted:

Whether correctly or not, people are also giving way more credit to Ohio State and Michigan right now.

Ohio state and Michigan are actually pretty good

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
here's a cool article about Purdue's offense this year

http://www.batesvilleheraldtribune....617afbd179.html

240 passes in the win over Iowa. that's...a lot.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

Purdue's last three games have been closer than I would have liked but I have to keep telling myself that those are the types of games that this team dropped in the past few seasons. Painter has the team playing full 40 minute games and it's really awesome to watch. Going into the season I was hoping for about 21 wins heading into March Madness and it's crazy to see them at 22-2 with a legit shot at the first 30 win season in school history.

you should be quite pissed off if this Purdue team doesn't get to 30 wins this year. at worst they should be 27-4 at the end of the regular season. if they can't get 3 wins in the BTT and the NCAAT combined, that's bad.

Purdue hasn't lost this year on American soil.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

If it happened when they had the top 3 recruits in the nation it would just be the best thing possible.

I wouldn't be against it if Grayson Allen had some kind of crazy kicking meltdown a few minutes into the game and got tossed and while he was walking off the court his pants fell down and everyone saw he had a micropenis and then Duke became the first ever 1 seed to lose

I mean, if you believe in the multiverse, there's an infinite number of existences where this happens. that's fun to think about

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MourningView posted:

If anything I'm mad Iowa isn't on there. How dare we cheat the ginger god Aaron White like that. Pay the man for his dunks.

check out this super edgy hot take

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rick posted:

Is Michigan State still the whistleblower here? Because I can think of a thing or two the FBI should have been doing instead.

I’ve been saying since like 2010 on this very forum that MSU is dirty AF and was mocked a bit for it and now it is slowly coming out that it was an institutional haven for rape, sexual assault and paying people and I’m utterly content with the world around me

Tom Izzo is human excrement lol!

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

I like Purdue's draw a ton.

I don’t disagree with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

pubic works project posted:

No because he's a big piece of poo poo.

I just think it's a really classless thing to do. Holtmann didn't do it when he left Butler for OSU (one ended up following him anyways).

"look, its incredibly classless to call kids you've recruited at a school to go to your new school. yeah, the guy at my school, Holtmann? he didn't do it. he's got class. one kid randomly somehow ended up asking out of the letter of intent and following him, and let me tell you, Holtmann did NOT call or recruit him. that kid just followed him like a lost puppy. because Holtmann has class. but this new guy? yeah he sucks, gently caress him, but my guy? my guy has class."

can not stop lollin'

• Locked thread