Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Should've given them 5 years hard labor!

For ISU news, supposedly a couple of guys, Lard and Brase, are going to start this weekend, and that may turn around ISU's god awful start so far. We'll see. At this point .500 is looking optimistic.

ISU got screwed over with Hoiberg leaving really late into the offseason, there was pretty much a lost recruiting year. There's some CF fans already calling Prohm a fraud, and only winning with Hoiberg's players, which is premature to say the least. Fans are fickle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MourningView posted:

Iowa is so loving bad. I know they lost Jok who bailed them out a lot last year but they were good in conference play last year when he got hurt so I don’t get it. The roster is pretty poorly constructed with like 15 guys who should be power forwards but ugh.

There is already a fire Fran contingent of the fanbase somehow because we learn nothing

So who's winning this game on Thursday? ISU hasn't really looked bad against any decent team, although they've been improving lately.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kansas losing twice in one week at home is just a feint to make us all think that maybe this is the year someone beats them out for the Big 12 title. They're still going to win it comfortably.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Just saw ISU lost to KSU. Any hopes I had of this team making the tournament were just dashed. Going to be a rough year in conference.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's a way down year for ISU this year, although the last two games they lost in OT, so they're not awful. They probably end the season with just 6 or so conference wins. Too much turnover on the roster, and lots of young guys getting playing time.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

ISU's last four games:

@ KU L 83-78
Baylor W 75-65
@ TCU L 96-73
Texas Tech W 70-52
@ Texas L 73-57

This team is all over the loving place. I know the losses are all away, but they just barely lost to KU while getting crushed by TCU and Texas.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I know TCU is good this year, it's just that after that loss, they go and beat Texas Tech by a convincing margin.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Absolute chaos today in the Big XII.

Absolutely massive opportunity for TTU. Can take a sole lead on 1st place with a win tonight with space between them and OU.

Help us Texas Tech, you’re our only hope.

ISU continues to own at home and suck on the road.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Lessail posted:

I think the interim was one of Eustachy's enablers

Is Eustachy drinking again?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I feel like this is an overreaction to say VA won’t make the final four, but that’s partially because I don’t know who else I would put in their place.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Ok so where do I get a Loyola Ramblers hobo mascot tshirt to go with my fgcu dunk city one

Loyola is sweet sixten bound baby

You live like 3 miles away from their campus man, it can't be that hard to go get one.

Edit: Find a Rambler fan on the Metra quiet car and cut them in half and take their shirt.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 14, 2018

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Ohio State is dying quickly

You should start posting in the gameday thread about it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MourningView posted:

Fred Hoiberg being good is going to get so many unqualified former players hired.

Yea, but Ewing doesn't look so hot right now, so you think that would balance things out.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

True, I was kinda reaching looking for another recent player turned coach as an example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's not how what I'm talking about works.

The point is that the game of basketball is such that crazy poo poo happens.

Basketball is actually pretty low variance. Look at the NBA, there are huge gaps in records for the best and worst teams. Baseball is super high variance with the best teams around 0.65 and the worst around 0.35 winning %.

• Locked thread