Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He BJ Penn'd himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo, odd end. what broke?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Holy gently caress. Did he break a rib?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol at porier

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Popping a rib is a bit anticlimactic but the rest of the fight owned

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
KO (full mount)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that's ribs for sure

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Disappointing ending to an amazing fight

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Man that's a bummer finish, but the rest of the fight was great

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
separated ribs?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
The ol' weird injury TKO. Not how I wanted that to end.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

well that sucks

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
who was that goober on the desk?

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Yikes is Pettis still on the ground?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Poirer has been scary his last two.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
honestly poirier had that won anyway. i would have liked to see it conclude in a more satisfying manner, but i'm taking nothing away from him there. he deserves it.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I'm pretty sure we saw this exact thing happen way back with Damarques Johnson vs Mike Guymon, with the body triangle itself leading to a tap.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the prospect of poirier / gaethje is incredible.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Chexoid posted:

I'm pretty sure we saw this exact thing happen way back with Damarques Johnson vs Mike Guymon, with the body triangle itself leading to a tap.

maybe, but i'd say it's when pettis has stretched himself out trying to reverse the position that he's separated the cartilage. whatever though poor guy is going to be living in fear of a sneeze for a month or two.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Johnny Bravo posted:

... a pretty bad slant

If twitter won't ban you, Donald Trump, maybe Lowtax will.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
every post in this thread during the albini fight is some of the funniest poo poo I've read on the forums

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

If this fight never happens it'll be a loving travesty

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Triticum Guzzler posted:

ah thanks for pointing that out, that's a real howler, can't believe they got Arlovski age so badly wrong

LMAO

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

every post in this thread during the albini fight is some of the funniest poo poo I've read on the forums

I never thought there would be another fighter allowed in the cage who could compete with Dennis Hallman's speedo for WTF grossout factor, but somehow fat diaper baby managed it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

honestly poirier had that won anyway. i would have liked to see it conclude in a more satisfying manner, but i'm taking nothing away from him there. he deserves it.

Poirier was about to smash Pettis' face from a mounted triangle so his ribs spared some of his brains at least.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Chexoid posted:

Yea add in that Pettis is trying to turn one way as Poirier is coming up to mount while still squeezing the triangle.

Sucks how it ended, the GnP he could have delivered would have been nasty!

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

must look this up cause I saw the fight but didn't read this thread and I'm gonna assume I'm not the only one that thought it was a giant toddler fighting

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea add in that Pettis is trying to turn one way as Poirier is coming up to mount while still squeezing the triangle.

Sucks how it ended, the GnP he could have delivered would have been nasty!

I don't think that ending sucked at all. A body triangle submission is pretty bad rear end, even if it was a little confusing in the moment.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I liked that the commentators actually acknowledged how impressed they were that the giant baby's shorts stayed rolled up in diaper form for the whole fight. I thought they were cut off at first, but nope, rolled up.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Just checking in to say what the gently caress was that weird goon baby doing in the cage!?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

Just checking in to say what the gently caress was that weird goon baby doing in the cage!?

You were in a cage? Alley oop

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

holy poo poo the last time i saw albini it was in a blockbuster video about ten years ago. he was holding two wrestlemania dvds and crying because he could only choose one.

ahahahahahahahaha

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Marching Powder posted:

Gaethje would send Poirier to Earth-2.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Sincere congratulations to Andre Arlovski on his honorary induction into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for vanquishing Krang's cybernetic body,

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Sincere congratulations to Andre Arlovski on his honorary induction into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for vanquishing Krang's cybernetic body,

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

TheRationalRedditor posted:

• Locked thread