Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Tough break, have you considered rooting for this team I hear has like 15 championships? That's a lot!

The one thing he’d have in common with both of those fan bases is that he didn’t go to the schools either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

I don't get it?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

I don't get it?

iPhone has had problems recently where “I” is autocorrected to that “A?” Whatever it is

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DC Murderverse posted:

please stop jinxing it Bama hasn't lost yet

what the gently caress did i tell you?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Bama’s defense is mighty suspect. Which team do you think they want to avoid the most in the playoffs

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pakled posted:

GT won and UGA lost, so overall, a good day.
It was a fine day for football.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Go the Badgers, bitch.

Also, gently caress Notre Dame!

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/tim_cook/status/929502783715164162

Never been happier to have a S8

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Finally a notch he can be proud of

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

With all those injuries on defense Alabama will have some rough times against Auburn and that is scary

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Fluffdaddy posted:

With all those injuries on defense Alabama will have some rough times against Auburn and that is scary

Are any of those guys expected to be back in time for the game?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i just looked at next week's schedule

what in the gently caress did we do to deserve that come down after this week and last? christ i might have to go outside next saturday

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee and Ohio State are the only two teams in the country to never lose 7 games or more in a season in their history. That streak will end next week for the miserable Vols.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

i just looked at next week's schedule

what in the gently caress did we do to deserve that come down after this week and last? christ i might have to go outside next saturday
SEC-SoCon Challenge baby!

We actually play LaMo instead of the traditional UT-Chattanooga for some reason

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou is somehow going bowling baby

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA news/views/my liver

e: We Want Bama

(no really, their LB corps is decimated and I don't want any part of white-hot Auburn again, though obviously I don't think we'll beat either in Atlanta)

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/929562801177288711

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Seriously was Auburn sitting on this just for the 10th anniversary? Didn't even whip it out in 2010.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Don't know why I got my hopes up. Dan Mullen can only manage two out of three against South Alabama.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Don't know why I got my hopes up. Dan Mullen can only manage two out of three against South Alabama.

Grantham is a button-mashing idiot. We warned y'all.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm OK with OU taking the lead in the Big 12 because it sets them up to get knocked out of the playoffs completely by TCU in the Big 12 title game.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Are any of those guys expected to be back in time for the game?

The two biggest injuries from last week are for the rest of the season so no.

The young dudes are talented but they were struggling to follow the ball and got manhandled all night. But they do have a chance to get more practice against Mercer before being fed to them monster

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I know Auburn looks good right now, but they got out coached by Ed O, and if he can manage that then Nick Saban can probably handle them even with half his players busted.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Aaron Murray's mom is still mad at Nick Fairley

Fluffdaddy posted:

The two biggest injuries from last week are for the rest of the season so no.

The young dudes are talented but they were struggling to follow the ball and got manhandled all night. But they do have a chance to get more practice against Mercer before being fed to them monster
Watch out for Mercer y'all they got some fight in them

D.N. Nation posted:

Seriously was Auburn sitting on this just for the 10th anniversary? Didn't even whip it out in 2010.
They made a thing out of having a DJ in the stadium this year so I'm guessing they came up with it.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i specifically want alabama to lose 1 football game this season, i'm not particular about which, and miss out on the playoffs to wisconsin

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So, top 4 this week: Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Miami? With Wisconsin sitting at 5?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

also i guess texas technically played a football game but i'd really rather not analyze it or think about it and just say cool win 1 more and go to a lovely bowl and fire tim beck so we can fix the offense next season

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

also i guess texas technically played a football game but i'd really rather not analyze it or think about it and just say cool win 1 more and go to a lovely bowl and fire tim beck so we can fix the offense next season

Rehire Sterlin Gilbert

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It was my birthday today and I went to the Auburn game expecting to watch them lose. It seems like it's been so long since Auburn showed up for a big game, I'm glad they chose today to do it.

Kerryon Johnson is a drat man and deserves to be in the Heisman conversation.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Everyone here got to aftermath late, #MACtion teams have been waiting 3 days for everyone to catch up

That said, WMU going bowling, and if they can play spoiler to NIU or Toledo, I'll be happy at this point. Past few weeks have been unkind to the Kzoo faithful

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Mighty Wildcat rolls on through the miserable Boiler Maker, wins fifth straight against the Big Ten's poo poo slurry, and shows off by doing so without even having to go to overtime. Northwestern had an insanely cool punt return negated by an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that I couldn't see and they didn't show at the stadium and I still have no loving idea what happened. This team, which I have watched pretty much every minute of this season, is not at all good but could somehow win 9 games and qualify for a bowl game where they'll get absolutely destroyed. I still think they'll drop the Minn game next week, but who knows?

e: also gently caress to notre dame, lmao

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Said goodbye to a loved one and huge Mizzou fan today. Don't really feel like saying a whole lot, so I'll leave it simple:

Mizzou-rah, Tigers!

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

186 posted:

Go the Badgers, bitch.

Also, gently caress Notre Dame!

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
OU looked really good tonight and had a defense too (????)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We loving suck. I don't think we'll get that 6th win.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is Bama getting any defenders back? This is the first time in recent years I can recall their run defense looking like dogshit and it makes me wonder if they could withstand a game against Auburn or Dawgs with this squad.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Unranked GT upsets ranked VT again somehow. God what a stressful game that almost turned into another lost fourth quarter lead. Special teams almost lost us the game for the 2nd week in a row with terrible coverage, a fumbled punt and kick return that was miraculously recovered. Marshall continues to be inconsistent with passes and also gave them the lead with a terrible pick six. Defense played much better but let a sure interception get tipped and caught by the other team, which allowed them to score a TD on the same drive.

lol Georgia and ND

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Joey Freshwater posted:

The one thing he’d have in common with both of those fan bases is that he didn’t go to the schools either.

I'm curious why you think I didn't go to Fayetteville.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
turns out u cant lose your top 5 linebackers and still be best defense all time forever

fire nick saban

also shoutouts to tim beck who might be the most inspiring failing upward story of all of college football you fuckass hack fraud motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

The U beating Notre Dame in a top 10 matchup? Feels good man.

• Locked thread