Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

tactlessbastard posted:

I'm curious why you think I didn't go to Fayetteville.

I think he's saying you didn't go to Georgia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

I think he's saying you didn't go to Georgia.

:doh:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Arizona took care of business, setting a new team rush record, Tate having 206 of those yards.

ASU lost.

A good pac12 after dark.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Remember like a week ago when I said GT would shred VT on the ground and beat them and you all called me insane and said VT would be fine?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

gently caress, that was a great win. I'll have to bring my thoughts together later. It was just a non-stop party.

:feelsgood:

Also, apparently someone threw a beer bottle through the window of Brian Kelly's bus.

Dilber fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 12, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

Remember like a week ago when I said GT would shred VT on the ground and beat them and you all called me insane and said VT would be fine?

no we called you insane because you're a histrionic child

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alaois posted:

no we called you insane because you're a histrionic child

Nah, much like calling Beamer's downfall years ahead of time to the derision of these same posters, I actually watch the program I'm talking about so you know, I'm more informed than random people who just check box scores and know fuckall else about the program. Probably why I'm not running around telling Texas or Florida fans why they're wrong about their coaches, because I know fuckall about Texas' or Florida's programs.

It's OK to admit you don't know much about a program, nobody will think less of you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

It's OK to admit you don't know much about a program, nobody will think less of you.

You apparently knew enough about Miami to say they weren't very good and losing to them was a fireable offense.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

You apparently knew enough about Miami to say they weren't very good and losing to them was a fireable offense.

Show me this, please, because not a word of it is true. Don't let that stop you from making up bullshit but just educate the rest of us and show me where I said it.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

https://twitter.com/WillManso/status/929489050007953409

eat poo poo ND.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

Show me this, please.

/links pages long meltdown which might not say those exact words but sure implies all of them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Crotch Bat posted:

Nah, much like calling Beamer's downfall years ahead of time to the derision of these same posters, I actually watch the program I'm talking about so you know, I'm more informed than random people who just check box scores and know fuckall else about the program. Probably why I'm not running around telling Texas or Florida fans why they're wrong about their coaches, because I know fuckall about Texas' or Florida's programs.

Isn't saying a coach is going to fall for years mean it's more likely a coincidence than anything else?

I mean yeah if you say something is gonna happen for years of course you are eventually gonna be right. Everything ends.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

/links pages long meltdown which might not say those exact words but sure implies all of them.

Ah, the predictable reply. You didn't actually say this at all but I'm going to just act like you did so I can make a lovely argument.

- Never said Miami was bad
- Never said Fuente should be fired this year

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isn't saying a coach is going to fall for years mean it's more likely a coincidence than anything else?

I mean yeah if you say something is gonna happen for years of course you are eventually gonna be right. Everything ends.

VT was 11-2 and won the ACC the year I said Beamer was going to tank the program. I was way ahead of the curve but you could see it coming a mile away if ya know, you watched the program. The second sentence is horseshit anyway, not all coaching careers need to end in abject failure because the coach doesn't realize the game has passed them by and the incompetent AD is too scared to make the coach step down because the coach has some bullshit merit equity he's built up which fans say means he's allowed to destroy everything he built.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 12, 2017

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Give Mayfield the Heisman and the Presidency and ability to say nah to the Browns!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

continues to throw tantrum to definitely prove he is NOT a child

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alaois posted:

continues to throw tantrum to definitely prove he is NOT a child

:yeah:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

Ah, the predictable reply. You didn't actually say this at all but I'm going to just act like you did so I can make a lovely argument.

- Never said Miami was bad
- Never said Fuente should be fired this year

Crotch Bat posted:

What part of them needing literal goddamn miracles to beat FSU and GT, scraping by hapless UNC and lovely Cuse and loving STEAMROLLING VT isn't making sense?

Crotch Bat posted:

:lol: what part of Fuente makes you do anything but remember Beamer's last lovely years? I mean be 100% honest, sit down and ask yourself where he is making the difference that will beat a coach like Dabo in the ACCCG. This isn't the snoozefest ACC of Beamer's day.

You don't say the words "Miami is bad" but you sure seem to be saying they aren't that good. You do not say that Fuente should be fired, you just compare him to the years you were screaming for Frank Beamer to be fired. You win.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

You don't say the words "Miami is bad" but you sure seem to be saying they aren't that good. You do not say that Fuente should be fired, you just compare him to the years you were screaming for Frank Beamer to be fired. You win.

Yea, that's your poor understanding then. My point was if 4 teams came within one possession of beating Miami and VT gets slaughtered that's a problem for VT because clearly Miami can at the very least be taken down to the end. If Alabama wins a bunch of one score games and beats VT by 30 you're goddamn right I'm going to be mad at our staff for at least not making a game of it provided those 4 teams are as good or worse than VT (which is the case with UNC, FSU, Cuse, and GT). If literally half of someone's schedule can come within a score of beating team A and I know that my team is capable of beating those 4 teams then I absolutely expect to either beat team A or come drat close.

The second one is just you reaching. I'm absolutely against firing Fuente this year but the honeymoon is clearly over (and if you at all watched today's game or looked at VT social media you'd notice the same) and it's clear Fuente has multiple issues he must fix or he simply won't be here in a couple years and if he refuses or fails to fix them then yes, I want him gone in a few years.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Nov 12, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You somehow have both to much and to little faith in your team.

Impressive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

The second one is just you reaching.

:shrug: I'm too dumb to understand.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In unrelated news I didn't realize how badly Auburn shut down Nick Chubb et al. I know things eventually got out of hand but Georgia seems like they should never rush for under 100 yards as a team with their seemingly endless supply of stud running backs.

46 yards rushing as a team on the day, 79 if you take out the sacks.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

:shrug: I'm too dumb to understand.

Like again, why do you or anyone else care? Just let me be bitter and sit here agonizing over issues I can see a mile away but do absolutely nothing about. Half of all threads are fans hating the poo poo out of their coaches, I'm just another one. Even the optimistic VT fans in here know I'm right about this stuff, they just haven't been fans of VT athletics long enough to know the certainties that follow in VT fandom, chief among them that VT has never and will never amount to poo poo in any sport (hey it's me the empty trophy case except in EVERY SINGLE SPORT).

e: if you actually want to know more, read this, it's a very good takedown on Fuente and his coaching decisions that have caused problems recently.

http://www.roanoke.com/hokies/sport...7975294e0a.html

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 12, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what a corn cobbing

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Welp. New Years Six bowl is still in sight but goddamn that poo poo hurt

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Get hosed forever Notre Dame.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
ELEVEN A M KICK AGAINST loving MICHIGAN. gently caress JIM DELANEY. gently caress JIM HARBAUGH.

gently caress.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bucky, bitch.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Baker Mayfield gets a lot of credit but Rodney Anderson ran for 151 while also having 139 receiving yards this game. Its really cool seeing him do so well after a broken leg and a neck injury caused him to miss the previous 2 seasons. He has really shown out in the later half of this season. In the last 4 games hes rushed for 590 yards and 5 touchdowns while also receiving for 217 with 4 touchdowns.

If Oklahoma can continue to have a decent defensive game like today they have a real shot of winning in the playoffs with Mayfield and company. At the same time I want Tech to win over TCU so we can see some more 100+ scoring games.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I don't think a post-Mahomes Texas Tech (and Kliff's lame duck playcalling) is going reach those heights this year. Maybe if things shake up enough that OSU goes the CCG we could get another loving clownshoes shootout.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Right now, I think Miami and possibly OU beats Bama head to head. If Dan Mullen wasn't a literal trash garbage man of a coach I'd think there was a very real shot of Bama missing the playoff.

Miami loving owns, holy poo poo.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
welp. it looks like it's officially another year where Hawaii doesn't go bowling.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Right now, I think Miami and possibly OU beats Bama head to head. If Dan Mullen wasn't a literal trash garbage man of a coach I'd think there was a very real shot of Bama missing the playoff.

I think the Auburn team that played today beats the Bama team that played today.

This is sadly unlikely to be true when they actually play each other.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Qwijib0 posted:

Arizona took care of business, setting a new team rush record, Tate having 206 of those yards.

ASU lost.

A good pac12 after dark.

There was one point where Arizona let the 4th string runningback play QB because they weren't gonna throw so why not.

There really needs to be an Army/Arizona bowl game this year somehow.

meeler09
May 24, 2007
I'm pulling hard for TTU next week, bedlam 2 would be a lot more entertaining than watching Kenny Hill struggle to keep up with OU again. Who am I kidding OSU would probably poo poo the bed against KState

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
One of these days Richt will win a big game.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
He still has to win a conference championship and two postseason games if he even gets that far. There’s still plenty of time for him to choke like he always has.

I mean if you correctly count “big games” as “conference championships, national title games and bowl games after New Year’s Eve” he still hasn’t done poo poo in a decade

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 12, 2017

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I don't think things are super dire in Blacksburg (this is basically the losses I expected coming into the year), but CB is indeed right that the honeymoon is over for Fuente now. You can't so massively under perform even with our young af roster against any team with a pulse. The last two games were far worse than their final box score looks, and the team has been kinda lost honestly since Clemson hidden by playing terrible teams and catching BC before they figured out football.

Fuente isn't going anywhere soon, but he's got some sub par parts of his operation. He needs to fix it this offseason or it does just get worse like CB predicts. Vice needs to be gone, Burden is probably up for grabs, and Mitchell/Scott haven't done much to make a talented secondary exceptional. This team needs some far more credible P5 guys to help the recruiting and to a degree the coaching. At least on the O line where we continue to look miserable although maybe this will just never change since I can only think of 2 quality offensive lines at VT (2004,2010-11). Fuente brought his kids to the deep end and they aren't treading water super well. Cornelson has gotten a lot of flak for play calling, but the design is generally strong and I'm not ready to jettison him yet after a not great year given the track record last year and working with Memphis.

This team doesn't have the talent yet, either raw or developed outside of couple guys on offense. I really hope we can clean this poo poo up and beat Pitt and UVA or this season gets extra disappointing very fast.

I also think JJ won't keep the job next year. He's been exposed and his lack of a running threat kills the run game as designed. Maybe they shouldn't design it that way, but it's been a consistent staple of his offense. Hooker is bigger, stronger, faster with a better arm than JJ, and at this point I'll be kinda surprised if he doesn't end up overtaking him, in which case I'll expect those freshman records to get revisited again.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Nov 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The University of North Texas is going to take down Lane Kiffin once and for all.

• Locked thread