Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
cargohills
Apr 17, 2014

If there's one thing I trust Chibnall on it's that he will redesign things when they show up again. Maybe I'll be proven wrong soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Apparently this is the Dalek from the NY special. Itís a new style one, but painted silver with blue bumps like a Hartnell classic.

I...hate that a lot less than when they were yellow and red and poo poo?

I dunno. It's a step in the right direction, at least from a distance.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Latest rumblings are that the picture is actually fake, for what it's worth.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

"HEARTBREAKING - Dalek has to take on warehouse job to make ends meet"

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

After The War posted:

"HEARTBREAKING - Dalek has to take on warehouse job to make ends meet"

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rumour...yline-91017.htm

This sounds good to me?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Doctor Who is at its best with heavy handed political messages, tbh

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

Hair Elf

Iím more looking forward to an environmental story than a story about the Holocaust.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

cargohills posted:

If there's one thing I trust Chibnall on it's that he will redesign things when they show up again. Maybe I'll be proven wrong soon!

I don't think we're ready for "Scantily-Clad Weeping Angels"

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

I don't think we're ready for "Scantily-Clad Weeping Angels"

In all honesty, most of the redesigns in the Whittaker season seemed competent to me. At most, some stuff was mildly questionable, but I'm certainly more confident that we won't see another misguided sexy take outside of the misguided sexy spin-off.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Apparently this is the Dalek from the NY special. Itís a new style one, but painted silver with blue bumps like a Hartnell classic.

This picture has been floating around on the net for years.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

PriorMarcus posted:

This picture has been floating around on the net for years.

We've already had the special at this point, so I'm pretty sure everyone knows the picture has nothing to do with Whotaker.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

We've already had the special at this point, so I'm pretty sure everyone knows the picture has nothing to do with Whotaker.

Oh. I didn't check the dates. I thought I was replying to something recent about this years special. My bad.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Poor "Colors That Look Cool in B&W" Dalek never catches a break.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004
Here I was just about to tell you all to shut the hell up, and then you stopped talking so I didn't have to.

So the rumor is that they're doing Cybermen and Mary Shelley? Not sure how they could do that without stepping on the 8th Doctor audios, short of bringing back McGann.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

One day, we'll know all the secrets of the skies, and we'll stop our wanderings.

Emerson Cod posted:

So the rumor is that they're doing Cybermen and Mary Shelley? Not sure how they could do that without stepping on the 8th Doctor audios, short of bringing back McGann.

It's a show about time travel, which had three different explanations for Atlantis in its original run. So the Eight and Mary Shelley stories happen, then something wibbles and wobbles to make them unhappen (maybe the Doctor gets another case of explosive amnesia that makes them forget it happening), and then the Thirteen and Mary Shelley story happens.

Or, despite their often high quality and rare reference within the television series itself the audios are ultimately just licenced merchandise that don't actually "count" and are going to get stepped on when the parent show wants to cover similar ground

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004
Here I was just about to tell you all to shut the hell up, and then you stopped talking so I didn't have to.

Honestly I'm just holding out hope that they bring back McGann for a crossover at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

One day, we'll know all the secrets of the skies, and we'll stop our wanderings.

Emerson Cod posted:

Honestly I'm just holding out hope that they bring back McGann for a crossover at some point.

I'm absolutely always in favour of that! More televised McGann is always the dream. I just don't have a problem with Doctor Who doing things it's already done before because the show already has a history of contradicting itself and, y'know, time travel. And it's not like my download of The Silver Turk disappears if they do this in series 12 and it's no good.

Ideally we end up with two good, different takes on the "Doctor, Mary Shelley, and Cybermen" idea.

«16 »