Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A few false starts but you get there eventually.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

More like "Twice Upon a Jolly Good Smacked Bottom" am I right?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dabir posted:

Maybe it's said to Twelve?

This would redeem it completely if it ends up being the case.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chib is already sending this episode to the back of the bus and it's not even finished yet.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sorry, but fanny packs are cool. Just like bowties.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Member when people were stoked that the Zygons were coming back?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hope Rosa Parks ends up being a Zygon.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Don't tell me they didn't design the new sonic to look like a vibrator.

Ya sure, they all sort of maybe resembled vibrators but this one, well, Geronimo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya that clip was the tits (no pun intended) and was without a doubt, the Doctor.

Any question that she'd be able to handle the role should be squashed completely flat. Like, Boneless flat.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pizza Powers

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I think...

I think I'm already in love with the 13th Doctor.

:swoon:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Astroman posted:

See also socks with sandals. Kids these days :bahgawd:

Whaaaaat.

No.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You guys are doing a lot of dissing on the Fortress of Solitude but the FoS is actually loving awesome and so is this leaked image of the console room.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Episode 3 details... considering it's been written by Malorie Blackman, I feel a lot more confident. Although I'm suddenly remembering that weren't Zygons sighted on set for this one? And they've since claimed there's no old/classic monsters?

Episode 3: Rosa

The Doctor takes her companions on their first journey back in time - to the dangerous, racially segregated world of Alabama in the 1950s. They encounter one of the era's heroes, black civil rights campaigner Rosa Parks, but also discover a plot to change the course of history. Vinette Robinson (Sherlock, The A Word) guest stars in an episode by acclaimed children's author Malorie Blackman. Chris Chibnall has a co-writing credit for this episode.

The guest cast list:

Rosa Parks: Vinette Robinson
Krasko: Joshua Bowman
James Blake: Trevor White
Mr Steele: Richard Lothian
Police officer: Mason Gareth Marks
Raymond Parks: David Rubin
Martin Luther King Jr: Ray Sesay
Fred Gray: Aki Omoshaybi
Elias Griffin Jr: David Dukas
Arthur: Morgan Deare
Waitress: Jessica Claire Preddy

Oh god, it's like reading about a car accident about to happen.

Please be good please be good please be good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Martin Luther King was a Zygon.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Still me? :allears:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I’m intrigued by the talk of losing the bronzed look.

Return of New Dalek Paradigm

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Burkion posted:

Twelve will get one in Big Finish, I'm sure.

12 has been inside one already and also there's that entire thing where Davros brought him to Skarro.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Burkion posted:

One is a terrible rehash of a much better episode that never pays off in any meaningful way

Rusty turns into a Dalek hating killing machine for billions of years and 12 goes to visit him in his holdout during his final episode . That's meaningful enough for me I guess.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvxUiPMfuyU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You guys are loving weird.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It looks like a light reconnaissance Dalek. I mean it's not amazing but it's alright. I'm not grossly offended by it or anything.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm usually fairly optimistic when it comes to Doctor Who to a fault, but you and I both know they won't.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

That's goofy, but not really egregious. It's not like it's Halloween of the Daleks.

I want more of these kinds of ...of the Dalek titles.

Groundhog Day of the Daleks

Thanksgiving of the Daleks

Thyroid Awareness Month of the Daleks

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rise of the Dawn of the War for the Planet of the Apes of the Daleks

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I enjoy Tennant as an actor and as a voice actor. I find the 10th to be a great doctor and his appearance in the 50th anniversary was cool.

Bringing him back again for the 60th though? Can we not bring back anyone else? Not Eccleston? Not Capaldi? You can't even dip back into getting Paul McGann?

At the very least let it be about the Meta Crisis Doctor and not literally have 13 regenerate back into 10 before dying again (and this time being ok with it) and regenerating into 14.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Since Capaldi was the Doctor just before Jodie, I feel like going back to him right now would feel like the show saying, "Right, sorry about Jodie. Remember Peter? Just before? Anyway, forget about Jodie, that was a quick mistake. On to the next Doctor!" in a way that going back several Doctors doesn't quite say? When they obviously have nothing to apologize for with Jodie, since she was great, and it was Chibnall who was the worst.

That might just be me reading too much into it, though, I don't know.

I see what you're saying but It didn't feel like that when Tennant showed up for the 50th with Smith and he was the subsequent Doctor.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's gotta be Meta Doctor.

But where'd he get the new sonic?!

This is all so weird.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

I don't want more Tennant.

There, I've said it.

All I can think about is how much more hype this would be if it was Matt Smith instead of more Tennant.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Szmitten posted:

I find it hard to not be cynical when RTD exits with Tennant regenerating and then RTD returns with Tennant regenerating and isn't somehow poo-pooing 3+ Doctors and a decade or 70% of the nu-Who he was absent from.

I know for a fact that a bunch of people want to watch DW for the first time because of the Ncuti announcement, and I feel like they're going to be disappointed with this nostalgia focus; and likewise, the mainstream audience who're getting baited by Tennant returning are going to bounce hard off once he turns into Ncuti (see also racism). I feel like it's going to be a disservice to everyone.

I want to say this is a bit of a snap reaction but honestly? I kinda feel the same way about this.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm Chinese and if someone called me a celestial online I think it would make me blush.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Probably not, it’s one of the Jurassic Park fonts.

Doctor Who 60th/Jurassic Park cross-over confirmed.

And you thought Dinosaurs on a Spaceship would never get a follow up.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hope those are really his new threads because I'm here for it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:downsbravo: great spoiler

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Maybe I'm in the minority but I just want to skip over the return of 10 and get to Ncuti already.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy shut Ncuti has the most drip of any Doctor.

(except for 12, don't @ me)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Confusedslight posted:

Remember when 11 started wearing Amy's glasses after she died? What if this is the same situation with Donna's coat?

:negative:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Where them leaks at? This the spoiler thread ain't it?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/WhovianLife/status/1655660454822260736?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I know it's expanded media stuff but didn't they already explore that idea with Time Lord Victorious?