Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

<wipes off the dust, turns the big lever>

We’re back! Apparently Chibnall is going to have everything on super lockdown under his watch, so spoilers might not leak out like previous years. He’s already asked for this pic of Jodie in Peter’s costume to be taken down, but it was thankfully saved before deletion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Look, if one section is in 1968 there’d better be a reference to The Invasion and an attempt to fix UNIT dating.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I do wonder if we’ll get three different variations on the outfit if that’s true.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh I can’t hate that at all. I always love inter-Doctor bickering, and this is no exception.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I don’t know, it is a sombre moment (and clearly horror on the soldier’s part), but it quickly gets undercut by comedy.

I can definitely hear some Hartnell’s cheekiness on ‘I thought you’d be younger’. He’s not above a jab like that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Courtesy of facist rag the Daily Mail, 12’s coat looks rather tattered:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Riptor posted:

Is that hindi/future Japanese-hindi on that thing?

Yeah, in other pics, it’s a shopping bag covered in the writing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Moffat talks to the Radio Times about the Xmas special.

Brief description of the Christmas Special’s opening including a ‘Previously on...’ for Tenth Planet!

I’m honestly so looking forward to this.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, but why? Oh I hope it’s not a surprise ‘Clara turns up right at the end like Amy did for 11, and Lancashire is quite close to Yorkshire’ thing.

https://twitter.com/SFXmagazine/sta...992571615436800

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Because it's Jodie Whittaker's natural accent.

See, that’s far less interesting than the headline makes it sound.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They haven’t released Gatiss’s character’s name. Odds on he’s a Lethbridge-Stewart?

https://twitter.com/girlyletters/st...230845554483200

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Trench was 29 when WWI broke out, Gatiss would be playing much younger than his actual age.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So the rumour is they're currently filming in Cape Town and will be for a month.

https://doctorwhowatch.com/2018/01/...p-south-africa/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Looks more mid 20th century.

https://twitter.com/book_lounge/sta...540145898655746

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Though if it is, I can't wait to hear the wonderful American accents this show has produced.

In South Africa, no less!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Actually, this is a newish thread too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh god no.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Alan Cumming to play James I in an upcoming ep.

Lance Parkin had this great idea about it:

Lance Parkin posted:

You know what would be brilliant? If they did this as a re-run of the Tennant/Elizabeth I thing, but now it's Jodie, so they do it with James I, and James I is like 'I usually go for guys' and she said 'no problem, I'm usually a guy' and then the next scene is them on their wedding night. And, I dunno, then they fight witches or the Gunpowder Plot or something, if that's not fifty minutes' worth of material.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This Radio Times article suggests we’re getting an episode set in India’s past too, to explore the backgrounds of both companions.

I did see somewhere that actually filming in India is going be on the cards, but it’s not this article.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m hoping this actual worldwide travelling/filming leads to a proper Japan-set story.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

Basically it's worse in every way if he fucks up the Rosa Parks thing than if he does the Cybermen wrong or something stupid.

Well he’s already done that one in the worst possible way, so honestly anything from that is up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I mean, we're not exactly in the Hartnell era anymore, here. I know we have a new showrunner, but I still doubt "Learn about history from Doctor Who" is coming back after approximately a 50 year hiatus.

Welp. Chris Chibnall is “keen to bring the show back to its 1960s roots when Sydney Newman intended it to be an educational series for children”.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You could do both, in theory. Have the historical event go off as planned completely unaware and unfettered from alien influence, but the Doctor and co having worked around in the background defeating the baddies, completely unbeknownst.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They’re currently filming in Spain, which is doubling for India.

quote:

Series 11 has been filming in Granada, southern Spain for the past few days. Reports stated that filming specifically took place in La Calahorra near the famous Castillo de La Calahorra. A lot of the architecture in the region was built by the Moors and their designs are not too dissimilar to the architecture of old Islamic era India.

https://twitter.com/GirlyLetters/st...608356331720704

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sonic looks dreadful. Clip is great. Hmm, two police companions?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m intrigued by new Daleks. Who’s seen them?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Davros1 posted:

I was on a different forum, and once I got past the numerous "The show is ruined" posts, once particular hot take I saw was that she shouldn't have been cast because Chibs had worked with her before, and that the BBC should've have made him cast someone else.

By that logic, neither Eccles not Tennant...?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

New composer confirmed!

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/st...716742907879425

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh dang, that is a really nice track.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Scenes plural?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Teaser trailer, emphasis on the tease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNy2kz-F0KQ

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So there's a lot of 50s/60s americana shots in there. Montgomery motor pool, the motel (making me wonder if they're going full MLK too).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No 2 parters, but with the episodes being an hour long now, that might be enough?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No idea...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

All those bright pink lights, it's very JNT era-looking right now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Forktoss posted:

Love that spinny thing on the Rani's TARDIS

I remember seeing similar executive desk toys once upon a time. They should have slid down into the console when it was stopped, rather than just start moving, to preserve the illusion.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I... don’t know what means.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/av6ngers/status/995662891109027840

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s a whole thing in the US now. It’s more flip flops and socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Console room picture leaked.

Oh... maybe it'll look better when it's lit. I hope so.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at Aug 9, 2018 around 16:25

«2 »