Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

"A good man? No, a GREAT woman!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Riptor posted:

Oh god not something new and interesting

The problem isn't that it's new, it's that it would be loving stupid.

She's the first female Doctor. Taking her and splitting her into three distinct personalities and the getting rid of all three at the end of the season to make her whole again, which would essentially be a brand new character is dumb.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Hahahahaha. Sick discussion bro.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Riptor posted:

I mean it's not a spoiler yet it's in the spoiler thread. Thought that was frowned upon

Oh poo poo. Your right. I thought this was the regular thread and you were just being dismissive.

Ahhh gently caress.

Sorry for making a prick of myself.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Szmitten posted:

Chibnall also wrote the episodes of Life on Mars about a suspect dying in custody and Sam meeting his mentor: the first black cop on the force. It MIGHT be fine?

The black cop was okay but everything else in that episode was liquid poo poo.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Or Rosa Parks is featuring in the episode as an entirely accurate depiction of the event because Yasmine, whose a political activist, tells the Doctor she wants to witness it.

That's a possibility too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Weird how we have to condemn the Hartnell era of Doctor Who by turning the First Doctor into a cartoon racist, but Nixon and Churchill are depicted as lovable scamps who had to be hardass decision makers.

This is because it was Moffats parting shot at those who call him sexist. He wanted to let you know that despite his faults it could be much worse... by inventing faults that weren't present in a 60 year old version of the show.

It's actually immensely disrespectful to the production crew of the time (which remains the most diverse one that Doctor Who has ever had) for a white rich man to protray their character as a racist and sexist dinosaur for his own gratification.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Thank you. It was taking me a while to figure out what a "bum bag" was, and I wasn't about to Google it. I wasn't even looking at where it was, I was thinking it was the jacket, or was looking for a messenger bag type...thing.

Well they aren't actually filming there so it could be Jodies personal belonging for between takes and down time.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Actually Sideways was the term used to describe a real world concept or idea told via science fiction. The Daleks were specifically a sideways pitch on the Nazi's. This is from the Doctor Who Vault.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Trailer and clips have leaked. Including the new sonic.

Being taken down quickly enough that there's no point linking them.

Jodie looks good.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

The clip is great. The sonic is awful. New Dalek designs out there too

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Burkion posted:

Where are the Dalek pics?

If I find them I'll post them. Full trailer was out there earlier.

This is all from BBC Worldwide again. You've got to wonder what the gently caress is going on over there.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Im intrigued by new Daleks. Whos seen them?

The full trailer was very briefly on Twitter. So far all that's survived is the shots of the sonic.

I've not seen the full thing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

The crystals light up and pulse with energy and the floor pattern changes depending on the atmosphere of the scene, like a Rorschach pattern.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

I like it.

I like it more than the Capaldi console room but less than the Smith and Eccleston ones.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I'm looking and I don't really see it. You mean the infrastructure of the set was used?

Yeah. At one point before proper filming began they were even doing publicity events with the subway style Torchwood walls still visible.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

BBC just confirmed it's taking the year off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

Remember when people thought this was a deep concept, meaningfully distinct from when Davis did it better a decade earlier?