Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
oh my god yes, today was so great, just getting a little bit. So starved for any news for a whole two month stretch! and then an actual clip!

takeaways:
1. The Doctor has mild amnesia, probably post-regeneration related
2. Yasmin is a police officer! this is brand new information!
3. Ryan is not a doctor, but he's not wearing a police uniform like Yasmin, so I don't actually think he's a cop.
4. Whittaker is going to generate so many great reaction gifs.
5. This scene takes place 10 minutes into the episode! There's a timestamp on the footage. I actually expected the Doctor would meet Bradley Walsh's character first, but no, it seems she meets Ryan and Yasmin first.
6. Her reaction to learning she's a woman is "Does it suit me?" perfect.
7. She's already nailing "old man in a woman's body" with everything after "tongue".

also the pictures of her with the goggles are fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I like hexagonal things. Hexagonal things are cool.

Also, cue the jokes about the Doctor now being a big fan of healing crystals. And if they light up pink I won't be able to think of anything other than Himalayan rock salt.

I dig that it seems like it was rebuilt with salvage from an alien junkyard. Maybe the Doctor has to rebuild it herself because it went boom, and salvages parts from a crashed spacecraft. Maybe repairing the Tardis is an arc in the season?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Oh boy, there's a credited actor playing MLK in the episode.