Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

It's important to judge it in full context, but it does feel a bit off in that clip.

Moffat's written similar scenes twice before (Time Crash and DOTD), which work quite well together. It just seems a bit awkward here. (I've got to rush off, and mull over it for a bit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Moffat's clearly "referencing" ideas from older Who again :

quote:

Prison in Space began as an unproduced serial intended to be part of Season 6 by Dick Sharples. It would have featured a female-dominated planet, previously used in another unproduced serial The Hidden Planet. It would have featured Zoe Heriot starting a sexual revolution, before being brainwashed and then deprogrammed by the Second Doctor, who smacks her on the bottom.

At this stage, I'll just be happy for a change in direction than it's been for under Moffat - I think he's better at writing one-off episodes than plotting a series direction.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

The_Doctor posted:

Iím hoping this actual worldwide travelling/filming leads to a proper Japan-set story.

Finally, the much anticipated release of the unmade classic, Yellow Fever And How to Cure It.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at Mar 18, 2018 around 05:20

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I clicked on one of the links in Burkion's post and now YouTube recommends I watch a video entitled "Doctor Who Season 11 Rotten Tomatoes score: The Whovians Have Spoken". The thumbnail is a bearded guy sitting in a room which is literally full of toys.

Now, if I click on this, am I going to get nothing but some bloke whinging about Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson's Chris Chibnal's SJW agenda? More to the point, do I really need to ask that question?

It's honestly kinda depressing to see those videos pop up in "recommendations", because, yeah, you can tell their argument isn't going to be about the quality of the writing itself, but that it's "way too PC Multural Carxist SJW " brainspiders clap trap.

And ignoring that it's been open about inclusivity since the revival (not to be dismissive of the Classic series - but it's less clear cut); sometimes it's fumbled with that, but it's mostly been about openess and accepting people as people. It's amusingly pathetic that still, some people can't get over a time-travelling space wizard being a woman.