Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The_Doctor posted:

Clara turns up right at the end like Amy did for 11, ...

Considering that they've made bringing the Doctor's first companion back to say goodbye is A Thing now (10 visits Rose as the last stop on his goodbye tour, and then 11's imagined Amy), I'd be a little surprised if Clara doesn't show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm sorry, but that picture is way too low res for me to make heads or tails of beyond old cop car and bus so I don't get the panic.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Senor Tron posted:

Sign on building let us know previously that they will at least be acknowledging real world racial tensions whether or not they are a focus of the episode.

ahhhhhh, that makes sense then.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

Rosa Parks was an empowered young activist who specifically sought to fight Jim Crow laws, and the worst thing this story could do is perpetuate the idea that she was a tired, apolitical old lady.

I mean sure, but that's also a bit of a stretch isn't it? At the time of the bus protest she was in her forties and she didn't board the bus looking to challenge Jim Crow. She wasn't apolitical, but she also wasn't John Lewis looking to cause "Good Trouble". Heck, I didn't even realize (or forgot) that she originally sat in the "colored" section of the bus, and was only asked to move because the white-only section filled up. She was a politically active middle-aged woman going home from work who hit her "gently caress this" point in the face of Jim Crow.

All that aside, I think filming an episode about the US Civil Rights movement in South Africa is wild

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

Don't tell me they didn't design the new sonic to look like a vibrator.

Ya sure, they all sort of maybe resembled vibrators but this one, well, Geronimo.

thrawn527 posted:

I showed the picture of the sonic to my wife, and she replied, "That's a dildo." Which...I guess the sonic has always been vaguely like that, but yeah.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who immediately thought, "that's a vibe" when I saw the new sonic. Though I didn't care too much for Capaldi's sonic either.

The clip was the business though so there's that at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Console room picture leaked.

Oh... maybe it'll look better when it's lit. I hope so.

Fortress of Solitude looking....not so good.