Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've always wondered a little bit about the Doctor's wardrobe. The Doctor's adhered to thirteen specific men's styles throughout his life. Fairly often it seems like his old outfit's destroyed around the time of his regeneration (4, 10, 12 now, maybe others?). It doesn't make sense that all that clothing was his. Sure there have been dozens of companions throughout his travels, but does that mean the Doctor flies around with a wardrobe full of mostly women's clothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be down with that. Doctor Who's gotta stay fresh! If people don't take to a seemingly more serialized season of the show then Whittaker's second season will just be travel as usual.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Alan Cumming is a good get. I can't wait so see him ham it up. This and the idea of a colonial India episode with a modern budget have immediately compensated for "Rosa Parks fights the Zygons".

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hell yeah. Props to Chibnall for going out of the "Victorian England, and sometimes the good parts of the US" box.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
New TARDIS looks great. I like the big salt pillars that will probably glow pink, I like the haphazard roundels. I don't really like how little it implies the size of the TARDIS, but that's the same problem virtually every set's had.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, but we have a The Doctor's Husband episode where the TARDIS is played by Richard Ayoade.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think my favourite is the first Matt Smith console room, for how it amps up the best aspects of 9/10's console while also adding a lot more space and opportunities for cool shots.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why not just set it after the bus?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they're just 1963-recoloured versions of the 2005-onward design, because you can't really beat that shape.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe it's a multi-Whittaker episode where a creature or a cataclysm or something traps Whittaker in a cavern for a thousand years and when she escapes Graham tells her "so Doc, you ready to get to work on that paradox?" and then both Whittakers fight whatever trapped her there

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The RTD-era design really nailed modern Dalek, didn't it?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Love that even the leaky production of the old RTD era is back. I'm hyped

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't they know that the production is supposed to leak like a sieve? I honestly miss the days of series 3/4 where somebody would have almost the whole season sorted out from everything that was known

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i didn't bother watching flux because chibnall got too dumb but i'll watch another outing with Dhawan as the master he's great