Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

2house2fly posted:

oh Steven, mate, please don't make a big meal out of this

"I've always thought people underestimated the dramatic potential of the Absorbaloff."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
Captain John Smith.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

In South Africa, no less!

A lot of places have a South.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Mameluke posted:

Alan Cumming is a good get. I can't wait so see him ham it up. This and the idea of a colonial India episode with a modern budget have immediately compensated for "Rosa Parks fights the Zygons".

It fills me with dread, personally. If they’re deluded enough to think Rosa Parks is a sensible setting for a BBC show with a white protagonist, why won’t they gently caress up British colonialism in India? (Or worse, whitesplaining India’s internal class issues, whether Britain’s in there or not.)

I’ll be glad if I’m proven wrong and these are both handled sensitively, but I have a hard time seeing what that looks like in either case, let alone both in the same season. Even the decision to take them on feels entitled.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Astroman posted:

Nuance? I'm not the one getting all :ohdear: and worked up with Dread over a hypothetical racist episode that hasn't occurred yet. The reason I say people will BOYCOTT WHO FOREVER is I assume they are worried that if the show is deemed horribly racist they'll have to stop watching. And your smug backseat modding note has been noted and you can be sure I'll take it under advisement with all the due weight it deserves.

I guess I need to point out to the only person here who didn't get it that the words "I am filled with dread" were filled with rhetorical hyperbole.

Filled! To the literal edge! Madness!

I'm sorry you don't understand how people talk on the internet in 2018, OP.