Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Is that hindi/future Japanese-hindi on that thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Wonder if they're talking a cue from Outlander and using the Black Sails sets/boats

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Szmitten posted:

Oh god is that leak about her incarnation being split across three points in time gonna be true? I know it's a time travel show but her falling out of the Tardis did make me think she'd be stranded and reminded me of it.

Oh god not something new and interesting

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

sunnyboy posted:

I finally gave in and watched the recorded (PVR) Christmas episode.

<sigh> what a dreary, dreadful, non-event of an episode. There was literally nothing in this episode to recommend to either a dedicated who fan or casual observer.

The final Christmas Carol armistice seemed rather tacked-on "just to make it a Christmas episode" kind of thing. To me, the whole episode just reeked of "phoning it in". No so much the actors, though nothing really was outstanding in that dept, but the writing was so dreadfully mundane.

I do agree with many who think the writing of the first doctor was quite extraordinarily "out of character". I managed to watch all of the 1st doctor episodes that were available for rebroadcast long ago (the first time they covered ALL the doctors up to 8 on PBS - Boston). This actor was not portraying anything close to the first doctor. He was portraying a caricature of the 1st doctor as seen by some fanboy with some bizarre chauvinist axe to grind. Weird and very unsettling.

As for the new doctor... we'll have to wait and see. I have such low expectations of Chibnal as literally *anything* that I'm almost optimistic that there might be a glimmer of OK in next season. Time will tell.

ok

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Hahahahaha. Sick discussion bro.

I mean it's not a spoiler yet it's in the spoiler thread. Thought that was frowned upon

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

oh boy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Loving the accent, which I think is Jodie's natural one right?

tuuuunGUH

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh cool curious to hear the theme!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The best thing they did with the late-era Smith TARDIS, which I hated when it first debuted, was to have Capaldi slowly personalize it by having furniture, stacks of books, etc, in it. I hope they do a similar thing with this one

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The size of Smith’s first console room really helped sell the size of the Tardis in general. My biggest issue with his second room/Capaldi’s is how cramped everything is.

Agreed. Bare minimum just have at least a door off to the side. The coral room didn't even have anything indicating there were other spaces

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Do an ep thats like I, Borg with Hugh but with a dalek and then the dalek becomes a companion for like 3 episodes

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Vinylshadow posted:

Make the balls blue, for a start

I'll tell Chris Chibnall to get your mom on the horn

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wasn’t there some Frankenstein update that he shaved his head for? Did that ever come out?

are you thinking of the cumberbatch/jonny lee miller stage version

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Doctor Whooooooooo BOY

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

That title rules, what's your deal

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

The Centenary? Like...the 100th anniversary? In, like...40 years or so?

i think the centenary of the BBC

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

His hair always looks like that though. It did in Morbius.

DOCTOR michael morbius

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Astroman posted:

Does the "G" stand for "Gallifreyan?" :allears:

Gastroenterologist Who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Dabir posted:

Tabloids are selling rage, they're gonna use loaded language like that no matter the truth.

can't wait for her to BREAK HER SILENCE on this