Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

That's either a fantastic premise or an absolute mess and I can't wait to find out which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

"We cater to white trade only".

Could be quite a full on episode.

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

howe_sam posted:

I'm sorry, but that picture is way too low res for me to make heads or tails of beyond old cop car and bus so I don't get the panic.

Sign on building let us know previously that they will at least be acknowledging real world racial tensions whether or not they are a focus of the episode.

Everything points to this being set in the early/mid 20th century American South.

Latest photo shows a bus almost identical to the one that Rosa Parks is known for.

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

The discovery that there are aliens makes the humans of this town realise that despite the colour of their skin they are all the same inside.

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

K9 has been spotted on set.

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

cargohills posted:

It was a fan-made prop that someone brought along, apparently.

Dang.

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

Going back to the RTD era, Human Nature/Family of Blood does demonstrate the show can do a good job of addressing racial realities of real world history.

At the same time though the way they treated Nixon and Churchill gives a little concern.

I'm hoping for an episode where the Rosa Parks events occur mainly in the background. Address the fact it's happening, but if the new Doctor is being treated as a potential onboarding point for new viewers use it to also introduce the fixed point concept and why The Doctor doesn't intervene in the majority of awful poo poo that has happened in human history.

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/DallasLeeJones/...1240343552?s=19

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/hipstershambles...9158039552?s=19

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

It didn't help the feel that the more industrial/traditional control room for Smith was introduced with the Doctor being all withdrawn and reclusive.

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

Astroman posted:

"Aliens are trying to change history to make Rosa Parks more successful. Racism is gone by 1980, but this leads to a nuclear war by 2022. Can the Doctor and her friends join the side of the racists to keep racism alive in the US for another 50 years? Find out on the exciting new episode of Doctor Who, Rosa!"

That's still what I wish the plot of Victory of the Daleks had basically been, that the Daleks had determined the way to make humanity easier to defeat in the future was to undo the post-WW2 tech boom by ending the war earlier and helping the Allies defeat the Nazis.

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

Riptor posted:

Do an ep thats like I, Borg with Hugh but with a dalek and then the dalek becomes a companion for like 3 episodes

I can see that happening and 13 just being so into friends and trusting that she doesn't even think to tell the other companions that Daleks are usually murderous nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

13ís been pissed, but hasnít faced a tough decision yet. Hopefully the Dalekís on train tracks while a speeding train comes along, and five other Daleks are on the other track. Or something.

https://youtu.be/pZ40SwbbJwQ