Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dead Rising 2, originally released in 2010, is the world's premiere Zombie-Murdering-Angry-Dad-Mallrat simulator. Chuck Greene is accused of starting a zombie outbreak, possibly because upon making it to the safehouse he broke out and murdered three people, but mostly because someone's trying to frame him. Chuck has three days to clear his name and scavenge for Zombrex to keep his daughter from becoming more zombie-ey.

Also this game loving RULES.

I'm joined as always by Grace on our quest to help our daughter while looking like the world's biggest jackass. Grace hasn't seen the game before, I on the other hand have played a significant amount. We're doing a 'casual 100%' run in that I PLAN on completing every mission, but this game gets REAL douchey about unmarked missions late in the game, and I'm not scrapping any progress if I miss something dumb!

I'm also not even remotely pretending to play fair. We're rolling up on psychopaths with full on platoons of survivors with guns. We're going for maximum goofiness.

Playlist

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 1 - Live from Fortune City!
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 2 - Presents For Katey
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 3 - Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 4 - The Neckbeardingest Neckbeard
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 5 - A Witch Did It
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 6 - Slaying While Slaying
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 7 - We Kill The poo poo Out Of Slappy
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 8 - Spin2Win
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 9 - Gqefff
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 10 - Too Spicy For You
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 11 - Freedom Bear
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 12 - The Gay Agenda VS The Nazis
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 13 - I'm Not Dying Sober
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 14 - Stop Calling Me
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 15 - It's Not Radical At All!
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 16 - Time For Orb
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 17 - I Want To Go To Red Panda's House
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 18 - ELECTROGQEFFF
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 19 - Where. Is. Katey.
Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 20 - Dan Fights A Giant loving rear end in a top hat

Danaru fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
One of the first things grace said in this LP was "Why does he sound so Canadian?" He says, talking about the character in the videogame developed in Canada by Canadians (Chuck's VA is even from Halifax!)

Gonna be a fun ride. I love this game.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Yo! Maybe I'll actually be able to keep up on this one instead of sacrificing my emotions to the void!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Surprised you didn't go for the Off the Record version (re-adds the camera mechanic woo) but this is a very good game, yes.

Good luck, and enjoy playing dress up.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I can't believe you didn't keep your first opening.

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/926575899201458177

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Logicblade posted:

lmao

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Oh god I need to find time to watch this now. You two couldn't wait a few weeks for me to be unemployed?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Logicblade posted:

I usually try to be presentable for at least three episodes, after that the safeties are off :v:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danaru posted:

I usually try to be presentable for at least three episodes, after that the safeties are off :v:

Does that extend to keeping Grace presentable too?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

This game rules but drat I forgot just how many QOL improvements were in Off The Record.

e: those clothes in your locker were originally pre-order bonuses that got bundled in with the ports

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 16, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Excuse me, I believe you'll find that Alice isn't dead.

...also, why the hell does the emergency shelter not have Zombrex? Somebody hiding a bite is the done thing about shelters.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Glazius posted:

Excuse me, I believe you'll find that Alice isn't dead.

...also, why the hell does the emergency shelter not have Zombrex? Somebody hiding a bite is the done thing about shelters.

Some white collar douchebag was like "oh a zombie outbreak will never happen HERE" and dedicated all the funds away from supplies, and into making the shelter bizarrely sprawling and maze-like. Same reason why they have exactly one old man staffing the place, although at least he gives me a key to the best part of the game in episode 2.

Speaking of episode 2!

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 2 - Presents For Katey

A somewhat embarassing trend you may notice is that I'm pretty drat good at time management, leading to moments where I'm actually hours ahead of where I should be. If I ever start popping between loading screens, it's usually because of this. Worry not though! Grace makes sure to call me out on it EVERY SINGLE TIME THANKS BABE

Also in this episode: Grace throws shade at a dead fat man for being both dead and fat, as I work out the complications involved with adopting a pet

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Just wanted to say I love you two, I love this LP and I love Snowflake.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I never knew you could bring Katey the giant bear, or that there was a survivor that'd turn on the slot machines! This LP rules.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Eat the food, no, eat YOUR food, in your bowl, where it always is, god DAMMIT cat!

I think Snowflake needs to see steak, and not you, when there's that pause in the mauling frenzy to look around.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 3 - Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

I'm starting to think that Leon guy is kind of a prick

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:argh: Grace is wonderful and should never be censored

fake edit: and here we see yet another example of how carrying someone, like pushing a garbage cart or a wheelchair, is hilariously overpowered in DR2 because zombies can't figure out how to grab you on top of your movement speed being increased

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe you censored Grace.

Especially after everything he said in Shadow of Destiny.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm sure big pharma is the primary reason why they sell Zombrex in single doses. But there is also, you know, the fact taking a second dose all of 30 seconds early kills you.

Can't price gouge the customer if they are dead from not following basic instructions :v:

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
I, for one, agree that grace is extremely rude
But also, dan was extremely rude to that old lady. Maybe this is why you go so well together.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Firework Godzilla Mask looks pretty promising.

Can you give those combo weapons to people you rescue, or is only Chuck mad enough to actually do it?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Glazius posted:

Eat the food, no, eat YOUR food, in your bowl, where it always is, god DAMMIT cat!

I think Snowflake needs to see steak, and not you, when there's that pause in the mauling frenzy to look around.

Having replayed recently, the actual trick is to pick a spot somewhere (Inside the tiger cage is actually good) and place the steaks outside it in the straight paths leading up to it. Snowflake has to be so far away so that she'll do a long charging attack to get to you, but will stop if she comes across the steak. (Try not to move around too much, but don't hang out where she can't reach you.) That distance for the long charge attack is the basic key. Sometimes you gotta get mauled for her to run off like that though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Protip from your buddy Dan: In the event of a zombie apocalypse, distribute heavy military hardware to the least competent people you can find!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Danaru posted:

Protip from your buddy Dan: In the event of a zombie apocalypse, distribute heavy military hardware to the least competent people you can find!

IMMERSION LOST! I was okay with the lightsaber, I was okay with the zombies, I was even okay with the fat beardo in a sailor suit, but SERIOUSLY! REALITY DOES NOT JUST CRASH!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Boss fights are a lot easier when you bring a literal firing squad with you :v:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

It's amazing how capable the survivors in this game are. They were so dumb in the first one and needed constant babysitting.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Wiseblood posted:

It's amazing how capable the survivors in this game are. They were so dumb in the first one and needed constant babysitting.

it's easily the best change they made.

also I've never thought of using firing squads of survivors for boss fights and I feel very silly now.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Danaru posted:

Boss fights are a lot easier when you bring a literal firing squad with you :v:

GO TEAM NOT DEAD YET!

I watched. AND liked! You two are hilarious. Even when you make me sad describing Battleshits.

(Wait. What game was that with the two English sisters where they decide to play that?)

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Tried playing this, immediately died trying to get the first batch of Zombrex against the looters.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm not sure Grace is allowed to say things are problematic after someone called Grace out in the Shadow of Destiny LP for using gendered insults so much.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

I'm not sure Grace is allowed to say things are problematic after someone called Grace out in the Shadow of Destiny LP for using gendered insults so much.

Grace is everyone's problematic fave, no matter how hard I try to make him stop/get drunk enough to pick up his lingo

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

also I've never thought of using firing squads of survivors for boss fights and I feel very silly now.

A guide I saw said not to bother fighting Antoine until new game plus since he heals so fast, so you're not the only one. These guys are surprisingly good shots for random dorks given assault rifles :v:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

The Off the Record DLC where you play as Frank wasn't 360 exclusive, that was something else. It's also very good and absolutely worth playing, even though it's basically just a rehash of the main game. It costs $20 on steam when it's not on sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SJmCRoJI5I

You can't trust people anymore, I've been dealing with these nutbars all day long :sludgepal:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dan Chuck is a good viking commando ninja dad.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Really, I think that ultimately the same kinds of people who would snap within three hours of a zombie apocalypse are the people convinced the world is already tipping over into destruction, and you can tell because their neighbor's leaves are falling into their yard and the store ran out of the red box of cereal because of the war on Christmas and there are too many types of car, please eliminate four, I am not a kook.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Danaru posted:

Grace is everyone's problematic fave, no matter how hard I try to make him stop/get drunk enough to pick up his lingo

Absolutely. The combination of Grace saying something vaguely risque and your reaction to it never fails to make me crack a smile.

Poor Kristin. I'd get drunk in the zompocalypse too.

Just, you know. Probably in the safe house.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dead Rising 2 Episode 6 - Slaying While Slaying

:siren:SHAMELESS PLUG:siren:

If you have free time you should check out our LP of Zone of the Enders, it's one of my favourite LP of ours but nobody watched it since Chip and Ironicus' way better LP came out just before it :(

Danaru fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 7, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dan, no, you were super good at ZoE. Though I got around to watching it much later, to be fair. But that puts it above the C&I one which I still have never gotten around to :v:

Also what happened to the Starfox 2 LP? That was another case of "Dan is super great at space shootmans but thinks he's actually terrible".

EDIT: Oh hey there's a newer playlist for Starfox I didn't notice besides the now private one :downs:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 8, 2017

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm with Dan, I don't understand gay either. I just try and neatly sidestep the lot of it as much as possible.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I watched that LP, but I've come to accept the fact that Dan doesn't give a poo poo about me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Remembers exactly what zombie gives you a sweet bowie knife, in order to make sweet knife gloves.

Proceed to consider this being bad at weapons :confused:

Extreme closeup dinosaur dad was something I didn't know I really needed.

• Locked thread