Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Co-worker asked if he could borrow my phone to call his girlfriend real quick. I guess he's trying to get a ride and she's running an errand, I can't hear her side of the conversation but he keeps saying things like "so you're not going to tell me where you are" and "how could you do this to me." He kind of wandered off into the corner, keeps hanging up, rubbing his eyes and sighing, then calling her back. It's been like 5 minutes and I feel like he's gone over the time you can reasonably borrow someone's phone for. What's the least awkward way I can tell him to wrap it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Suck his dick

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

offer to be his new girlfriend.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Tell you need to snap a dick pic.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
tell him his gf is sucking my drat balls

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Lend him your gun too

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Borrow someone else's phone and call yours.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like he needs a ride to see her so they can talk it over f2f

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
AR-15

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
Opportunity is-a knockin, my friend.

They're going to break up. You now now have her phone number on your cell, and funny/embarrassing stories to tell her about him at work.

You know what to do....

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I.C. posted:

Lol

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i actually was once in a very similar situation, back in college i let some weird townie use my cell phone and he was on it forever and a day then people told me later that same townie had been hitting on/kissing guys the night before so then his gf calls me on the phone and says the guy i don't know but was kind enough to let use my phone is gay and i was like ya that's what everyone here is saying too so what but then she freaks the gently caress out because even though this guy was obviously gay af and she had even said so she was really in denial about it

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the moral of story is it's alright to be gay just don't be closeted no one needs that poo poo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I.C. posted:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Tap your watch twice and your dick thrice

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

I.C. posted:

this. make sure to assert your opinion on the matter too

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Percelus posted:

i actually was once in a very similar situation, back in college i let some weird townie use my cell phone and he was on it forever and a day then people told me later that same townie had been hitting on/kissing guys the night before so then his gf calls me on the phone and says the guy i don't know but was kind enough to let use my phone is gay and i was like ya that's what everyone here is saying too so what but then she freaks the gently caress out because even though this guy was obviously gay af and she had even said so she was really in denial about it

I hope you washed that phone real good

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*

Percelus posted:

the moral of story is it's alright to be gay just don't be closeted no one needs that poo poo

thanks again for letting me borrow ya phone

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Hes gonna kill her and frame you. Rip op.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Are you signed in to your work computer? If so, you are an idiot. Otherwise, you are a liar.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
who has to borrow a phone in this day and age, do you work with a poor op?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

ArchNemesis posted:

who has to borrow a phone in this day and age, do you work with a poor op?

Probably someone who is blocked on the receiver's phone.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Here's a workplace quandary. I work with a guy that loves to lean over the cubicle walls while holding a cup of coffee over my laptop and talk. Sometimes when it's empty, he'll toss it back and forth between his hands. Once he dropped it, missing my laptop screen by a hair.

I politely asked him many times to not lean over my computer with a hot cup of coffee, but he said that if did damage it, he'd replace it, so not to worry. We had a discussion about this and he agree to stop.

However, that leads to the follow up to the question at hand. If he did break my laptop, and agreed to replace it, should he take possession of the old broken one? After all, I'm made whole by having it replaced, so should I be up a laptop and a broken one (especially one that can be resold even broken for a few hundred dollars?).

Thoughts?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Here's a workplace quandary. I work with a guy that loves to lean over the cubicle walls while holding a cup of coffee over my laptop and talk. Sometimes when it's empty, he'll toss it back and forth between his hands. Once he dropped it, missing my laptop screen by a hair.

I politely asked him many times to not lean over my computer with a hot cup of coffee, but he said that if did damage it, he'd replace it, so not to worry. We had a discussion about this and he agree to stop.

However, that leads to the follow up to the question at hand. If he did break my laptop, and agreed to replace it, should he take possession of the old broken one? After all, I'm made whole by having it replaced, so should I be up a laptop and a broken one (especially one that can be resold even broken for a few hundred dollars?).

Thoughts?

You work in a cubicle with your own personal equipment? I don't understand. Also, no, this is not a 'you break it, you bought it' situation, however you slice it.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

score some crack

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Thoughts?

Have you tried slashing his tires in the parking lot?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Have you tried slashing his tires in the parking lot?

He doesn't get the car if he does that. Focus!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Thoughts?

Have you tried installing gentoo?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Tell him she’s gonna do what she’s gonna do and that he needs to move the gently caress on lol she’s obviously not fuckin with him anymore

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is he still on the phone, OP?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Um grab your phone back and chat up his gf seems p simple op don’t overthink it. :shrug:

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Go on your hands and knees and purr like a cat

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i would send the phone spiders to your cell

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Have you tried borrowing his phone and talking on it a real long time and seeing how he likes it?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

"Hey man can I get my phone back"

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

"Hey man can I get my phone back"

Don’t be absurd!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Send an email to HR

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Slowly jerk him off while singing "Edelweiss"

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
which applebees do you work at op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
OP love is a battlefield and your phone is a casualty of war; to the victor go the spoils.
(A guy named Victor is going to use your phone to call 1-900 numbers)

• Locked thread