Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
HHH sucks and I hate his match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't disagree with you Fooch but boy you are aggressively avoiding the point that Jordan was ever written into this spot and was then written into the spot of being replaced. He's not dead in the water because he is bad, he is dead in the water because booking made a series of choices that held him under until he died.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dude American Alpha was loving AMAZING and WWE is idiotic for breaking them up. We're talking about different things. The segment tonight is only an indirect referendum on that. In a match that's supposed to be super important I will never criticize replacing an absolute dead in the water act with a big star that will pop the crowd and IMO add significantly more intrigue into how the match plays out.

I wanna argue that there was some potential for Jordan to get over by pulling a 2014 Ziggler in this match, but, he's not going anywhere as long as he has this anchor of a story around his neck, so whatever.

Fact is, it doesn't matter how good his wrestling is (pretty drat good) or how good his promos are (pretty drat bad), this My Black Son story is just loving poison and I don't know why WWE is still trying with it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
jason jordan would have saved his booking if every time he said 'father' he said 'daddy' or 'papa' instead

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MotU posted:

jason jordan would have saved his booking if every time he said 'father' he said 'daddy' instead

Hell, I'd be a Roman fan if he called himself the big daddy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
the problem is jason jordan played this as the serious Black Son who inherited his fathers skills and talent instead of the goofy Black Son who inherited approximately 70% of his fathers obscene retardation and lack of self preservation

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
also he should have had a slightly smaller cowboy hat that said DEPUTY

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the difference here is that, while not being great, wacky stuff can work with ambrose, jordan has been given the worst angle in loving years. while working against his strengths. and broke up a tag team that mainly got derailed since they decided not to do anything with them for 8 months after slater and rhyno got over

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
every time a talent is given a lovely angle they should immediately start acting stupid as poo poo b/c irony sells

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's my thing. I feel for Jason Jordan. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent. I'm also not saying he wasn't put in a bad spot. That said though, WWE corrected course on an abysmal situation in a big 4 either main or semi-main in a pretty effective way. So yeah.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MotU posted:

the problem is jason jordan played this as the serious Black Son who inherited his fathers skills and talent instead of the goofy Black Son who inherited approximately 70% of his fathers obscene retardation and lack of self preservation

Thor Ragnarok taught me that jocks are 100% funnier when they are kind of dumb goofs so it's a tragedy only Kurt's straps down genes were passed on

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
like jason jordan should have reversed course during the Elias Kale Tale and immediately began a EAT YOUR VEGETABLES gimmick where he just did the Vegetable Claw after wrapping his hands in arugula or w/e

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i guess that is a heel gimmick idk? I think WWE is fully primed to go for 110% stupid rear end gimmicks because they have proven they are invincible to bad booking so just make this poo poo into Idiot Circus Town forever so at least one person (me, its me) is happy

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MotU posted:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
ok so what if its Hoodslam but with a 700 million dollar budget

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I can only emptyquote you so much MotU.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MotU posted:

like jason jordan should have reversed course during the Elias Kale Tale and immediately began a EAT YOUR VEGETABLES gimmick where he just did the Vegetable Claw after wrapping his hands in arugula or w/e

any fun thing you think of would get them in trouble if they don't follow the script when they're in the middle of A Chosen Push, my dude

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dean Ambrose could bounce back because he has both an indy reputation to lean back on and the SHIELD which, with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were the hottest acts of the last 10 years. Jason Jordan was a pretty much nobody pulled up from NXT and unless someone can pull a miracle out of him like Smackdown did for Tyler Breeze, he's just kind of on his way to being a higher profile Tye Dillenger fuckup. Called up and separated from what he was over with, unable to show why he was ever over, and then dropped and forgotten because McMahon and the main roster booking crew got bored.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MotU posted:

give vince weed

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

any fun thing you think of would get them in trouble if they don't follow the script when they're in the middle of A Chosen Push, my dude

he could have went to creative and said "hey son of one of the most famous wwe mans of all time is great and all, but how about i talk to people about vitamins and balanced diets while force feeding them radishes instead"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MotU posted:

he could have went to creative and said "hey son of one of the most famous wwe mans of all time is great and all, but how about i talk to people about vitamins and balanced diets while force feeding them radishes instead"

fired

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MotU posted:

the daikon driver

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

actually probably just demoted to superstars or whatev the z-show is that isn't 205 live

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
in my imaginary scenario he actually becomes a lower midcard act and sits in that position for 4 years until american alpha reunites to no fanfare and chad gable is released 4 months later

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

MotU posted:

They'd burn down the arena.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MotU posted:

If they'd done extremely corny poo poo like this, it probably would've gotten over better. The best part of this whole thing was when Jordan threw produce at Elias. Which was by far the most cornball part of all of it.

RealFoxy posted:

Dean Ambrose could bounce back because he has both an indy reputation to lean back on and the SHIELD which, with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were the hottest acts of the last 10 years. Jason Jordan was a pretty much nobody pulled up from NXT and unless someone can pull a miracle out of him like Smackdown did for Tyler Breeze, he's just kind of on his way to being a higher profile Tye Dillenger fuckup. Called up and separated from what he was over with, unable to show why he was ever over, and then dropped and forgotten because McMahon and the main roster booking crew got bored.

Doesn't hurt that Dean Ambrose is legit one of the best talkers in the company when he gets going. The dude can bounce back from garbage essentially an infinite number of times because the second he's given something he can sink his teeth into, he's gonna turn back into the Jon Moxley Is Gonna loving Kill You guy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jason Jordan's Olympic Dad Angle angle is terrible and anything that means I don't have to deal with it is a good thing. Is it his fault? Mostly not. Does that matter? No. What I'm trying to say is:

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
people who pay to watch wwe should go to jail

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Here's my thing. I feel for Jason Jordan. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent. I'm also not saying he wasn't put in a bad spot. That said though, WWE corrected course on an abysmal situation in a big 4 either main or semi-main in a pretty effective way. So yeah.

You are saying replacing [insert wrestler here] with HHH is a good idea.

For fucks sake, they could have used anyone. Asuka could have taken his place. Michael Cole. A sock with "A Literal Sock" written on it. Instead HHH figured this was yet another opportunity to focus every spotlight in the arena on his old rear end.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Jason Jordan finds outs his full name is actually Jason James Jordan thus making him JJJ and also that means he could be HHH's son too and now Kurt and HHH have to have a Dad Off and show how much they appreciate their fake illegitimate son and along the way Kurt and HHH learn how to love themselves as well

also HHH can say 'i always thought my pedigree was my Awesome Cool Maneuver but it turns out it is my Wonderful Son, Triple J"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
also HHH introduces Jason (James) Jordan as the Cerebral Assass-son

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

HHH won't let Kurt Angle's III stand between him and JJJ

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
it fuckign writes itself, hire me you shitheads

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

You are saying replacing [insert wrestler here] with HHH is a good idea.

For fucks sake, they could have used anyone. Asuka could have taken his place. Michael Cole. A sock with "A Literal Sock" written on it. Instead HHH figured this was yet another opportunity to focus every spotlight in the arena on his old rear end.

You are being a gigantic baby and also pretty wrong. You may not like it but that doesn't make it objectively bad. The crowd was losing their poo poo for Trips. Far more than I would've, though I didn't hate it. That makes it a smart short term decision which is all it is, just like Angle joining The Shield.

Also the rest of Raw was good. Even Roman did a pretty good promo! And Braun killed Kane! Joe and Finn!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Let's not forget the dumbest thing, which is that immediately after Jordan was named as Kurt's beautiful black son, they took away his straps so he couldn't do the "straps down!" tribute to Kurt that he did BEFORE this angle.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The best part of last night's angle was the crowd chanting "THANK YOU WYATT" and "PEDIGREE"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

triple h is the goddamn worst of all time period, fight me

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He was probably best in the world in 1999/2000 but since his return in 2002 he's had, like, 5 great matches and maybe 2 or 3 good angles. And while I said earlier "don't blame the talent for bad booking," HE IS THE BOOKER.

gently caress him and gently caress everything about him, he hasn't had a good match or angle since Daniel Bryan or the Shield and that was three and a half years ago and before that he had a couple good matches with Undertaker at Mania where the angles were ok at best. Stay the gently caress off my tv

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

triple h is the goddamn worst of all time period, fight me

Wrestlers Worse Than Triple H

• Hulk Hogan
  • Kevin Nash
  • Great Khali
  • Naked Mideon
  • Lex Luger
  • Buff Bagwell
  • Horace Hogan
  • Mordecai
  • Nathan Jones
  • Akeem
  • The Red Rooster
  • Heidenreich
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Billy Gunn
  • Kenzo Suzuki
  • David Flair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Jordon is like Big Cass is like Roman Reigns, WWE thinks in a tag team the break out single star is the big explosive hot tag so when they split them they mostly want to push that big move guy not realising they were carried by their partners (Gable, Enzo, Rollins).

If WWE owned NWA in the 80s they would've thought the singles talent in the Rock n Roll Express was Robert Gibson.

• Locked thread