Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

Funny how this phase still had a world title reign, a Rumble win, and Sting losing to him

also the only person he's put over in recent memory was that one match with Dean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Funny how this phase still had a world title reign, a Rumble win, and Sting losing to him

A clean Rumble win at that.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

What loving show are you watching VJeff where HHH isn't putting himself over? He doesn't do it year round like Stephanie, and she's probably overall worse for the product, but the last three years it's been the same thing:

HHH makes sporadic appearances and teases returning around November/December

He returns in January for the peak business season

He starts a feud with a hot main event babyface, because he's bigger and better than any of the full time heels

He punks out upper midcarders for two months

He finally puts over the baby face in a slog of a match at Mania while the announcers put over how strong and resilient he is

And sometimes he doesn't even put the babyface over! And while all this is going on the announcers spend three months telling us how HHH and Shawn invented the Attitude era. This has been the last three Manias and it's mind boggling to me people still buy into the Cool NXT Paul act, it's transparent.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

but he takes selfies

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

What loving show are you watching VJeff where HHH isn't putting himself over? He doesn't do it year round like Stephanie, and she's probably overall worse for the product, but the last three years it's been the same thing:

He starts a feud with a hot main event babyface, because he's bigger and better than any of the full time heels

He finally puts over the baby face in a slog of a match at Mania while the announcers put over how strong and resilient he is

And sometimes he doesn't even put the babyface over! And while all this is going on the announcers spend three months telling us how HHH and Shawn invented the Attitude era. This has been the last three Manias and it's mind boggling to me people still buy into the Cool NXT Paul act, it's transparent.

Yeah so when I said "overreacting", this is what I meant.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hhh vs KO would own bones goddamn

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is Survivor Series the first PPV since Owens debut that he is not in a match on?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Normally I would be angry about HHH inserting himself into matches again but on the other hand hes replacing Jason Jordan and also this match was already a big farce to begin with

There is a good chance that both sides will have interference trying to cost them the match too, I can't wait for this overbooked old man gobbledegook

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

Normally I would be angry about HHH inserting himself into matches again but on the other hand hes replacing Jason Jordan and also this match was already a big farce to begin with

There is a good chance that both sides will have interference trying to cost them the match too, I can't wait for this overbooked old man gobbledegook

Bingo.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Honestly could any main roster non-cruiserweight wrestler have pulled off Kurt’s Son Angle the way it’s been written without improvisation? Bryan if he was still wrestling and Sami maybe? The material and script have just been bad.

Sandman McMahon posted:

But not a superstar?

Jump Up Superstar! and grab the brass ring, dammit!

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Jordan gets pissed about being denied opportunities and he attacks wrestlers during high profile matches.
Also gets a partner who shares the sentiment.
It will be R-Truth

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hey guys check out my cool new theory: bayleys turning heel at the ppv. Thoughts?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed: completely

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

VJeff posted:

Yeah so when I said "overreacting", this is what I meant.

I realize you're new to wrestling but believe it or not you aren't the first one to start the "HHH loses all his big matches guys!" conversation in the last ten years and he's won four world championships and a Rumble since.

Pinstripe Hourglass fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 14, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It is true however that Triple H in 2000 was absolutely loving fantastic.

The quad tear ruined him, if only because he used the time off to get jacked to like a 0.8 on the Scott Steiner scale (top scientists agree anything beyond 0.4 is a lunatic move) and lost a ton of his mobility/speed. Plus, you know, now he's 48 years old.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

HHH is the main reason I stopped watching wrestling in 2002/3 and as much as I have enjoyed NXT I still really dislike him because of his reign of terror during those years.

Evolution were poo poo too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can only speak for myself and all I can say is that I'm over HHH. I have been for a long time. You can guarantee me he'll have good matches and put over the young talent in the end and I'd still just have no desire to watch any more of him doing the same thing he's done for so long. I wasn't excited for Jason Jordon being n the match, I don't dispute that HHH is an upgrade, I just couldn't care less to watch HHH. Maybe if he went away for a long time I might miss him or if he did something really different. But its an uphill climb because I just feel like I've seen more HHH than I ever need to in my lifetime.

I don't think that's "overreacting." Its just a result of 20 years of WWE content and HHH's ever present character. I'm not saying he isn't good. I'm not saying there wasn't a time I enjoyed him. I've just seen as much of that as I really have any interest in seeing. I'm full.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I will never forgive Triple H for that horrible angle with Booker T, where the god drat face should have gone over but nope

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
^^Yeah that was bad too. I wasn't watching around that time but I think the worst part is that he won it pretty much clean. I think Ric Flair did some poo poo but basically he Pedigreed Booker(first time) and took forever to crawl over and cover him(usually indicating a finisher kickout) but scored the pinfall. Inexcusable considering the subject matter in the feud. If HHH has to win cause they signed Goldberg or whatever the excuse was, have it be dirty as all getout.

Just reading the recap and wow I can't believe that happened. The Jordan son thing isn't great, but having that involved in the main event is a hell of a lot more interesting than HHH for the thousandth time. They might as well just release the guy now.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 14, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I realize you're new to wrestling but believe it or not you aren't the first one to start the "HHH loses all his big matches guys!" conversation in the last ten years and he's won four world championships and a Rumble since.

I've been watching since HHH was a midcarder and I'm telling you you're overreacting.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

I will never forgive Triple H for that horrible angle with Booker T, where the god drat face should have gone over but nope

Yeah, that remains one of the most baffling things I've ever seen on TV

STAC Goat posted:

I can only speak for myself and all I can say is that I'm over HHH. I have been for a long time. You can guarantee me he'll have good matches and put over the young talent in the end and I'd still just have no desire to watch any more of him doing the same thing he's done for so long. I wasn't excited for Jason Jordon being n the match, I don't dispute that HHH is an upgrade, I just couldn't care less to watch HHH. Maybe if he went away for a long time I might miss him or if he did something really different. But its an uphill climb because I just feel like I've seen more HHH than I ever need to in my lifetime.

I don't think that's "overreacting." Its just a result of 20 years of WWE content and HHH's ever present character. I'm not saying he isn't good. I'm not saying there wasn't a time I enjoyed him. I've just seen as much of that as I really have any interest in seeing. I'm full.

:agreed: completely with both of you. And It's absolutely not a meme like overreacting that you're feeling, STAC. You're far from the only one sick of the HHH game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I mean Jordan has been flailing in this angle and it was laughable how he was put into the match in the first place BUT a multi-man match where he gets to do his hot tag spot and run wild suplexing dudes all over the ring probably would have been a big help to him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HHH had to work things so he got a WrestleMania win over Brock Lesnar.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I've been watching since HHH was a midcarder and I'm telling you you're overreacting.

That's just because you were the first fan to start the "HHH loses all his big matches guys!" conversation :v:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
HHH's last title reign was longer than Bray Wyatt's, and it was years after he retired.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If Triple H keeps occupied with Kurt Angle and Jason Jordan, well, that's fine with me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blaise330 posted:

HHH's last title reign was longer than Bray Wyatt's, and it was years after he retired.

HHH hasn't retired!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
HHH sucks and if you like him then you suck as well

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bill Goldberg posted:

HHH sucks and if you like him then you suck as well

This is correct. Trips was always bad

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If you like HHH, I've got two WORDS FOR YA

you suck

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I just think it's really asinine to say that pointing out Trips' continued pattern of putting himself in programs with hot babyfaces at the expense of full time heels, kneecapping upper midcarders to get heat, and then putting the faces over at Mania to increasingly diminished returns and increasingly dire matches is "overreacting". That's just a fact of the current product, and having the same conversation about how it's justified because he always loses at Mania is really tiring.

Especially when it hasn't led to good matches or even an appreciable "rub" for the faces since the Shield/Evolution matches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

uhhhhh if yuh hate meuhhhh i got three words for yuh

ow my quad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Look, if you're sick of HHH, you're sick of the guy and I can't do anything about that and I respect that that's how you feel. I'm not even a big fan of this segment, 'cause I was kinda hoping Jordan might do something that got him jumpstarted as a babyface at Survivor Series. But when somebody goes "eh, this is probably an upgrade on balance" and the response is like two-plus pages of ranting on how it's completely impossible to like HHH without being a retard baby idiot and listing all these poo poo angles he's ever been involved in and just what an absolute scumsucking fuckbag he is and how there's absolutely nothing redeemable about the dude or his career?

I think it's overreacting a bit.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

Look, if you're sick of HHH, you're sick of the guy and I can't do anything about that and I respect that that's how you feel. I'm not even a big fan of this segment, 'cause I was kinda hoping Jordan might do something that got him jumpstarted as a babyface at Survivor Series. But when somebody goes "eh, this is probably an upgrade on balance" and the response is like two-plus pages of ranting on how it's completely impossible to like HHH without being a retard baby idiot and listing all these poo poo angles he's ever been involved in and just what an absolute scumsucking fuckbag he is and how there's absolutely nothing redeemable about the dude or his career?

I think it's overreacting a bit.
idk man that all sounds pretty accurate to me

e: fo real though please do not throw around retard as an insult tia

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

This has nothing to do with HHH chat (he's bad) but I'm watching No Way Out 2004 and I can't get over Eddie having Jinder levels of bacne

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

On one hand Triple H realy really sucks.

On the other:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jackie D posted:

This has nothing to do with HHH chat (he's bad) but I'm watching No Way Out 2004 and I can't get over Eddie having Jinder levels of bacne

I mean he did die from taking all of the steroids on Earth.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dimebags Brain posted:

On one hand Triple H realy really sucks.

On the other:

From the motions here, he's clearly digging something up, not burying something. Wow, you guys have been mischaracterizing The Game for years and I would like an apology on his behalf.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Triple H is good, actually. What sucks is that they have no current star power so they keep relying on the old guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I haven't hated the Jason Jordan angle, but it really hinges on what follows after this week.

The fact that it's been so static in the past few months has helped naturally keep him in a spot where he's pretty good in terms of kayfabe, but still unproven enough that some can accuse him of nepotism. He wins plenty of regular matches, but nothing high-profile. His "opportunities" have been getting cheated out of an IC title match (that he earned a shot at after purposely giving himself worse odds) and taking on the company's top two faces. All the while, he knows that nobody really respects him for his own merits and he's specifically told not to act out on that. All he can do is try to earn an opportunity, prove himself and hope that's enough.

So he wins a feud that doesn't even really involved Angle in any way. He gets a spot on the Survivor Series team and gets his much-needed opportunity. Stephanie rolls her eyes at this because the other team has Cena, so Jordan proves himself some more by pinning a former WWE Champion clean in the center of the ring in response. Stephanie even looked placated in that for a second. But he was deemed not good enough because he got jumped after the match. His desperation finally showed and in his attempt to garner any kind of sympathy, he got violently shoved aside for his troubles.

Monday has to be his breaking point for this story to work. I don't figure he'll get a match against Triple H, but I would like him to either betray Angle or just go completely unhinged and constantly hunt down and brutalize Wyatt. Just have him do something new so the crowd has a reason to latch onto him one way or another.

• Locked thread