Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Do it ironically posted:

yeah i guess, i always got the sense that there was animosity and some sort of power struggle between steph/triple h and shane

as long as mcmahons run the company the show is gonna be about mcmahons, even ones who are just paid to say the lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I remember when Shane wrestled AJ and JBL kept gushing about how Shane had the body of a NFL linebacker. It was really embarrassing.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
shitcan rosenberg, throw sam roberts into a dumpster, and hire America's contemptable monster, Dan Ryckert, to host kick-off panels while he tries to drink everyone's mountain dew.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goldberg beating Hogan at the Dome was the best, but wasn't this also where Vince McMahon did a sell-out of Raw during the Attitude Era? The one where he opened the show with this half amazed/half shiteating grin on his face because he'd just sold out the dome in WCW territory?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I remember younger Shane as being a dude who could take an insane amount of punishment without quitting, but whose only threat is doing reckless things. Do I have a faulty memory or is this generally accurate? Because him as an old man standing toe-to-toe with younger, fitter, more skilled men and doing some baby's first MMA poo poo makes everyone look bad. I don't remember thinking that they wanted me to believe Shane was on Angle's level back in the day, just that he wouldn't go down despite being almost murdered.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Goldberg beating Hogan at the Dome was the best, but wasn't this also where Vince McMahon did a sell-out of Raw during the Attitude Era? The one where he opened the show with this half amazed/half shiteating grin on his face because he'd just sold out the dome in WCW territory?

I don't believe they sold out but they did do at least one extremely successful Dome show when WCW was reduced to the Phillips Arena.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

I remember younger Shane as being a dude who could take an insane amount of punishment without quitting, but whose only threat is doing reckless things. Do I have a faulty memory or is this generally accurate? Because him as an old man standing toe-to-toe with younger, fitter, more skilled men and doing some baby's first MMA poo poo makes everyone look bad. I don't remember thinking that they wanted me to believe Shane was on Angle's level back in the day, just that he wouldn't go down despite being almost murdered.

I didn't watch wrestling back then but from what I've seen going back that was totally Shane's thing. He was a very bad wrestler and the boss' son and the only way he earned his place in the ring was by trying to kill himself.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
My fondest memory of Shane was that time Kurt threw him through glass multiple times. That match seems like it was a miserable experience for everyone involved.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm fine. Read my posts in the thread so far.

I still liked the show. Shane bothers me more than any of the other McMahons (including Trips and Steph) at this point.

Keep on keeping on

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Keep on keeping on

Likewise dude. :)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Does WWE know how to book?

The answer is no.

I can't believe I wasted my time watching SS.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
they won't care about booking until it affects their value and stock price, and their stock is doing great at the moment so look for triple h to bury more people leading up to wrestlemania

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Do it ironically posted:

they won't care about booking until it affects their value and stock price, and their stock is doing great at the moment so look for triple h to bury more people leading up to wrestlemania

Even their stock price is completely irrelevant.

It has no material effect on their wealth at all since they're never going to cash in the shares that they have.

As long as the company is a monopoly and keeps making a profit because it's a monopoly, nothing will ever change. I've been fine reading through results these past few months, but I was actually curious because the SS card looked good and then it was just a shitshow.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i haven't watched raw or smackdown since football season started but i thought the ppv had good matches and that's all i really care about since i'm not attached to any story. last ppv sucked though.

i kind of zoned out during the last match though, which probably isn't a good thing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wonder how Kevin Owens feels about being on the pre show?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i wonder if ryback is still selling supplements that make your balls bigger

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm gonna abuse steroids AND Ryback Ball Blowers and I'll be swole EVERYWHERE

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i went to his site and after my browser recovered i discovered he is still selling the supplements plus he has a single out, although it's just an instrumental. thought he'd be rapping like the macho man.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ryback eats steroids by the handful and he also injected himself with horny goat weed.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

BE A MAN, HULK!
c'mon, don't be scurred

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

BITCH.

(Except in basketball. Then it's more, "danney..." :()

So it's a total guarantee Jinder wins Tuesday right? At least the story is "Jinder can only beat AJ at like 40%" I guess.

Is "Here's our champion who can only beat other guys at 40%" better or worse than "Here's our champion who can only beat other guys when he has 2 other guys helping him"?

Anyone have the phone number for the Acworth Shoney's?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Rybacks single has to be just a simple drum beat

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm fine with Shane as long as the only thing he does is his Skippy Dance.

Here comes the MONEEEEY
*enter dancing*
*exit dancing*
Carry on.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

So I heard that the Shield/New Day match sucked as much as a feared but AJ vs Brock was pleasantly surprising and good. So that's nice.

I also can't figure out what actually happened in the Main Event. Some people are saying Triple H buried Nakamura and Roode and stole all the attention from the rest of the Raw team to get himself over at their expense, and some people are saying he let Nakamura and Roode both kick his rear end super hard to make them look like badass and then screwed over Braun to turn him face and set up a feud with him. So which one was it?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

More what happened is that no one came out of the main looking good except possibly Braun, who killed everyone he touched dead in short order. One positive outcome out of what, eight, is not good.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

delfin posted:

I'm fine with Shane as long as the only thing he does is his Skippy Dance.

Here comes the MONEEEEY
*enter dancing*
*exit dancing*
Carry on.

There goes the money!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The best part about Survivor Series last night was when Cole said after the Women's Elimination match that Asuka was running around backstage screaming that no one was ready for her.

That was actually kinda funny.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It sounds like a microcosm of current WWE and its issues--long, tons of guys involved, but nobody really means jack except one guy.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Davros1 posted:

Wonder how Kevin Owens feels about being on the pre show?

He was on the main event too! I'm sure he's on cloud nine right now!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I just realized that it isn't Tuesday poo poo.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the wwe is the theater of the damned

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

It sounds like a microcosm of current WWE and its issues--long, tons of guys involved, but nobody really means jack except one guy.

More or less. The only person on Team Smackdown who Mattered was Shane. Nakamura and Roode got to hit their moves but then they were gone. Cena was basically just There. Team Raw had Joe and Finn be essentially useless, with Finn doing basically nothing and Joe existing to give Cena a pinfall. Braun came out fine (I assume to keep the audience happy after the poo poo finish) but by and large the match just served HHH and Angle on that end.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Push El Burrito posted:

Can't wait to hear from tonight on Raw!

You probably mean Roman but I'd really like to hear from that big guy too.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Oh Snapple! posted:

More or less. The only person on Team Smackdown who Mattered was Shane. Nakamura and Roode got to hit their moves but then they were gone. Cena was basically just There. Team Raw had Joe and Finn be essentially useless, with Finn doing basically nothing and Joe existing to give Cena a pinfall. Braun came out fine (I assume to keep the audience happy after the poo poo finish) but by and large the match just served HHH and Angle on that end.

Finn had the very important role of telling people not to do things

https://i.imgur.com/piVuR9f.gifv

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Finn had the very important role of telling people not to do things

https://i.imgur.com/piVuR9f.gifv

I'm glad Finn managed to have fun

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Oh Snapple! posted:

Cena was basically just There.
Oh man, what a big game changer him declaring for Smackdown turned out to be, huh.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
cena was like just there, no shirt or blue smackdown anything and he just played up the crowd a bit eliminated then got eliminated and left, im still not sure why they put him in there

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It was clearly a Cenabot. He couldn't be bothered to leave the Fortress of Solitude for this poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm glad Finn managed to have fun

This is genuinely great and I enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
finn was the best part of that match, with the taunt selling and trying to put his heels through shane's collar bone

• Locked thread