Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There were a lot of posts last night so I'm just skipping ahead to say:

When in doubt, root for Braun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Braun slamming Kane was cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Maybe this is just 'cause I haven't been watching week-to-week for more than about 18 months at this point so I totally missed poo poo like the Reign of Terror and the Authority but I feel like you guys are super overreacting on HHH. He's won, like, twice, in the last four years.

It just seems super obvious to me that he's in the "put people over" phase of his career and this is gonna lead to him losing to Jason Jordan. Then again, it was super obvious to me that he was gonna lose to Seth and I remember some of you guys thinking he'd win that match too, sooooo. :shrug:

Also, hey, they shortened that India thing to one show! What's that mean?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

It just seems super obvious to me that he's in the "put people over" phase of his career

Funny how this phase still had a world title reign, a Rumble win, and Sting losing to him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Two out of three of those things were good as gently caress and Sting shoulda fought harder for it if he wanted to get the W. :colbert:

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The rest of the New Day backing up a singles champ Big E would be cool.

I could see Big E play the Big Poppa Pump to Xavier's Buff Bagwell, with the added bonus that Big E and Xavier are good.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

maybe aj will still be champion when the rumble comes around

also, real quick, still watching early 90s wcw, at starrcade they did this insane battle bowl lottery thing with tag teams drawn from a big bin, anyway, one of the tag matches is scott steiner with three of the absolute worst, campiest, greatest gimmicks ever, arachnaman, johnny b. badd, and firebreaker chip, who is a fireman.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The rest of the New Day backing up a singles champ Big E would be cool.

Okay, but this idea is stupid and I'm gonna fix it.

WWE Champion Big E
Universal Champion Kofi Kingston
Cruiserweight Champion Xavier Woods
Intercontinental Champion Xavier Woods
United States Champion Kofi Kingston
Raw Tag Team Champions Big E and Kofi Kingston
SmackDown Tag Team Champions Big E and Xavier Woods

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Big E is over 30 and as such should probably be fired so younger talent can shine.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

Maybe this is just 'cause I haven't been watching week-to-week for more than about 18 months at this point so I totally missed poo poo like the Reign of Terror and the Authority but I feel like you guys are super overreacting on HHH. He's won, like, twice, in the last four years.

It just seems super obvious to me that he's in the "put people over" phase of his career and this is gonna lead to him losing to Jason Jordan. Then again, it was super obvious to me that he was gonna lose to Seth and I remember some of you guys thinking he'd win that match too, sooooo. :shrug:

He and Stephanie (more Stephanie) are so often hegemonic figures on TV who get their comeuppance once a year at most. Is he going to lose to Jason Jordan or is he going to face Angle at WM? I think it's more likely Jason Jordan ends up as HHH's lackey than HHH has a PPV singles match with him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't wait for the paternity test that proves Jason Jordan is a liar.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Incessant Excess posted:

J-Ru please put the ages of the main champions of their respective brands also in the OP (both 40).

Holy poo poo, The Miz is 40 already? Jesus.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chris James 2 posted:

Funny how this phase still had a world title reign, a Rumble win, and Sting losing to him

Two of those were basically the same thing and, for better or worse, were in service of the new top act.

The third thing is just very good and cool.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Miz is 37

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

He and Stephanie (more Stephanie) are so often hegemonic figures on TV who get their comeuppance once a year at most. Is he going to lose to Jason Jordan or is he going to face Angle at WM? I think it's more likely Jason Jordan ends up as HHH's lackey than HHH has a PPV singles match with him.

HHH got Sockoed by Mick Foley for about six seconds. That was neat.

Stephanie, I totally get why people hate her, because she's there every stinking week doing the same crap, but HHH at least seems to have figured out that he should use himself more sparingly in the past year and a half or so and I think that makes a difference.

And, I dunno, I could be wrong. But the course I see here is "Team Raw loses" > "HHH beats Kurt Angle in a match." > "Jason Jordan beats HHH". I think they're high on Jordan and thy're gonna try and give him a boost by having HHH put him over in some fashion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

HHH got Sockoed by Mick Foley for about six seconds. That was neat.

Stephanie, I totally get why people hate her, because she's there every stinking week doing the same crap, but HHH at least seems to have figured out that he should use himself more sparingly in the past year and a half or so and I think that makes a difference.

And, I dunno, I could be wrong. But the course I see here is "Team Raw loses" > "HHH beats Kurt Angle in a match." > "Jason Jordan beats HHH". I think they're high on Jordan and thy're gonna try and give him a boost by having HHH put him over in some fashion.

The obvious play is to rip off Sandman/Raven and have JJ tell Kurt that HHH is his daddy now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

WWE Champion Big E

Xavier will be the first to point out he's not a cruiserweight. He's very salty about being classed as one in the new video game

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

i can see this happening except for HHH gets cold feet before part 3 and decides he should go over instead

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To me Steph is so much goddamn worse. This is damning with faint praise but HHH at least adds something and USUALLY puts people over now. Steph is just toxic.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Frankston posted:

This is my favourite SCSA moment and was at the peak of my childhood interest in wrestling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55epUQD0NKs

doze unprotected chairshots to the head

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do they add those little pauses now to conceal the head shots?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

To me Steph is so much goddamn worse. This is damning with faint praise but HHH at least adds something and USUALLY puts people over now. Steph is just toxic.

Just wait until she runs for office and turns face to set it up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VJeff posted:

Stephanie, I totally get why people hate her, because she's there every stinking week doing the same crap

This is like her 3rd appearance since Wrestlemania

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Do they add those little pauses now to conceal the head shots?

Yes.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I don't like heel HHH but babyface HHH can gently caress off and die.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Yeah and this is the only tangible break from TV she's taken since...when?

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Rarity posted:

Three too many.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3 for 3 in berating people without comeback since Mania

Next break when?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

VJeff posted:

WWE Champion Big E

What would it take to get Kofi dual citizenship in the uk so he could hold the us title and the uk title at the same time?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Intruder posted:

doze unprotected chairshots to the head

That's what I was :stare: ing at as well holy poo poo. But goddamn 17 year old me lost my voice that night yelling and cheering at my TV.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

3 for 3 in berating people without comeback since Mania

Next break when?

Hey now, Roman got some good digs in on her last night. Maybe the other guys should just try harder?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I wanted to get to the Paige Factory... :smith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

VJeff posted:

I don't see how you could possibly think Jason Jordan beating HHH would happen after the way the crowd has turned on him so hard.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if nobody comes out of interminable hhh feuds with any momentum does it matter if he eventually loses a match at wrestlemania to them

at least the direction this year is seemingly kurt angle and not like finn balor or kevin owens

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Are we thinking poor sales in India is part of why Jinder dropped the title?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Rhonne posted:

I don't see how you could possibly think Jason Jordan beating HHH would happen after the way the crowd has turned on him so hard.

if they can take jordan off tv and redebut him at the rumble with a different character, i could see it happening. this iteration of him needs to go away forever, its never getting over.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

This is all speculation but I'm assuming Brock wasn't feeling like having the fight with Jinder and so he told WWE that he wanted a match with someone with some actual experience and WWE had like 3 seconds to think and blurted out AJ Styles realizing he was probably the most experienced guy on smackdown anybody gives a poo poo about and it was all set from that.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gaz-L posted:

I think it had to at least be partially be a thank you to AJ for stepping up to replace Bray last minute.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dacap posted:

I think it had to at least be partially be a thank you to AJ for stepping up to replace Bray last minute.

Excited for HHH's upcoming title reign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rhonne posted:

Uhhhhhhh.

Did you. See Wrestlemania 32?

• Locked thread