Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I know New Day is still over and I'm not eager for yet another bad tag team split up but they really need make the jump with Big E as a singles guy soon if there's going to be any future for him there. I still think E could be a world champion but they don't have unlimited time to act on that.

Rarity posted:

Wrestlers Worse Than Triple H

• Buff Bagwell

HHH wishes the Pedigree was as cool as the Blockbuster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Vaguido posted:

Triple H is in the Survivor Series match because he's been pinned in every single televised match since either Roadblock or the match where he killed Dolph Ziggler before Wrestlemania 32. He can get some pins and be built back up instead of being a very obvious overpaid job guy to put over newer main event talent. Raw is also probably winning and Hunter can just survive the match and benefit from it.

Jason Jordan having no charisma has killed the son angle. If they needed to split AA, I honestly think that Gable would've fully embraced the weirdness of the angle and would've come in with his own sheriff hat without being asked because he has always been a funny and weird dude. Unfortunately he is too short to ever be considered worth anyone's time so rest in peace Chad.

"Triple H has been pinned in every televised match since a year and a half ago when he won the championship, kneecapped Dean Ambrose and main events Wrestlemania"

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

What loving show are you watching VJeff where HHH isn't putting himself over? He doesn't do it year round like Stephanie, and she's probably overall worse for the product, but the last three years it's been the same thing:

HHH makes sporadic appearances and teases returning around November/December

He returns in January for the peak business season

He starts a feud with a hot main event babyface, because he's bigger and better than any of the full time heels

He punks out upper midcarders for two months

He finally puts over the baby face in a slog of a match at Mania while the announcers put over how strong and resilient he is

And sometimes he doesn't even put the babyface over! And while all this is going on the announcers spend three months telling us how HHH and Shawn invented the Attitude era. This has been the last three Manias and it's mind boggling to me people still buy into the Cool NXT Paul act, it's transparent.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

VJeff posted:

Yeah so when I said "overreacting", this is what I meant.

I realize you're new to wrestling but believe it or not you aren't the first one to start the "HHH loses all his big matches guys!" conversation in the last ten years and he's won four world championships and a Rumble since.

Pinstripe Hourglass fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 14, 2017

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I've been watching since HHH was a midcarder and I'm telling you you're overreacting.

That's just because you were the first fan to start the "HHH loses all his big matches guys!" conversation :v:

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I just think it's really asinine to say that pointing out Trips' continued pattern of putting himself in programs with hot babyfaces at the expense of full time heels, kneecapping upper midcarders to get heat, and then putting the faces over at Mania to increasingly diminished returns and increasingly dire matches is "overreacting". That's just a fact of the current product, and having the same conversation about how it's justified because he always loses at Mania is really tiring.

Especially when it hasn't led to good matches or even an appreciable "rub" for the faces since the Shield/Evolution matches.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

VJeff posted:

Look, if you're sick of HHH, you're sick of the guy and I can't do anything about that and I respect that that's how you feel. I'm not even a big fan of this segment, 'cause I was kinda hoping Jordan might do something that got him jumpstarted as a babyface at Survivor Series. But when somebody goes "eh, this is probably an upgrade on balance" and the response is like two-plus pages of ranting on how it's completely impossible to like HHH without being a retard baby idiot and listing all these poo poo angles he's ever been involved in and just what an absolute scumsucking fuckbag he is and how there's absolutely nothing redeemable about the dude or his career?

I think it's overreacting a bit.

Lmao dude I haven't said any of these things you're having a conversation with your own head

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

It sure would have been overreacting if anyone here had said any of those things you just made up

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

They're finally paying off the love triangle angle!

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Defiance Industries posted:

The root problem in all those HHH feuds was Roman. It's the same problem with Brock feuds now. Everything has gotta make Roman look strong, nothing else matters

The root problem in the HHH/Rollins feud was Roman?

(That build being awful was on Rollins too, in fairness to HHH)

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Love how HHH is conspicuously always wearing shirts so far this return. Time catches us all eventually.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

VJeff posted:

I can agree with this. I would've vastly preferred if HHH and Shane weren't in the match and the story instead became, say, guys on Raw get eliminated, Kurt and Braun (or even Jordan and Braun!) are suddenly staring down the barrel of a 5-on-2 and Braun has to go on a killing spree just for Raw to not get destroyed and lose the night. Same (if not better) effect at the end, but it's actually focusing on the full time wrestlers, not McMahon BS.

You spent this whole week telling us how HHH being in the match was a good thing and we were all assholes for saying otherwise

Like I literally made the point that HHH's return poo poo takes away screen time and focus from active full time wrestlers and you said I was overreacting

and then made up a bunch of stuff about how everyone on the forum was saying HHH is loving awful and always has been, which no one has said

Pinstripe Hourglass fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I really, really hope they don't do a HHH/Braun match because that will kill him. Even if he wins, a HHH style Big Match would be disastrous for Braun

• Locked thread