Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This just in: people still shocked that WWE can gently caress up hottest prospects with god-awful story-telling and the WWE Style™

e: Even in NXT Gable was the charisma of the tag-team, Jason Jordan was just there to do beautiful suplexes and hot-tags. Not that Gable has an equally charismatic and gifted tag-team partner it's no real loss to Gable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jordan isn't a hot prospect. At all.
All WWE had to do was not break up a tag-team and guess what they did

You know, traditionally good tag-teams will compliment each other and hide the other's negatives. I'm not saying the New Age Outlaws were great, but Road Dogg was a great talker and Billy Gunn was a great athlete. What happened when they broke up they both went kinda nowhere

Hey, let's even take The Dudley Boyz for example, how well did a D'Von push ever go? What about The Rockers?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dean Ambrose could bounce back because he has both an indy reputation to lean back on and the SHIELD which, with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were the hottest acts of the last 10 years. Jason Jordan was a pretty much nobody pulled up from NXT and unless someone can pull a miracle out of him like Smackdown did for Tyler Breeze, he's just kind of on his way to being a higher profile Tye Dillenger fuckup. Called up and separated from what he was over with, unable to show why he was ever over, and then dropped and forgotten because McMahon and the main roster booking crew got bored.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Didn't he JUST sign a two-year contract?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The issue with WWE booking is that in the upper card nobody knows who is supposed to be the good guy except for Vince, so for all we know Braun was the heel in that all along in vince's hosed up snowglobe mind.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

In the last calendar year Shane's been concussed by Reigns, did a flying nothing off a cage, got triple powerbombed by the Shield twice, and got slammed by Braun

He's had more comeuppance in one year than HHH and Steph combined have had in the past two
Honestly you can dial that back to WM30

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

As ridiculous as it sounds at least Shane and Triple H are still willing to job when it actually matters. Stephanie will probably tap Rhona Rousey to an armbar at a major event.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Benne posted:

Hey now, Trips put over the Shield as strong as possible (before he turned Seth to his side and broke up the group, but for some reason we don't talk about that in the "HHH puts over young guys" narrative)
Still feels like like it was a means to put Roman over which doesn't really matter

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i learned two things from this show: the usos are infinitely better than the shield, and samuraifoochs has stockholm syndrome
How are you just learning either of those

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Usos have always been good, but they suffer the same thing that any other average babyface has in WWE in years. Just really bad, bland promos and matches and trying to make them catchphrase over. With exceptions, usually the heels are the more interesting characters in the WWE.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i didn't see the shield's run or dean's initial singles run to answer both
Even back on the indies his partner Sami Callahan would say stuff about Ambrose just phoning it in if he didn't personally care about what was going on. When he's on, he's better than most, but when he isn't giving it his all he's about as average as it gets.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I think their promos have gotten really loving good over the last few months, and I dig that when they shifted to face they managed to keep up the same kind of freewheeling back and forth feel that their promos had as heels.

I've just become a pretty big Usos fan over the last few PPVs I guess v:shobon:v
I would honestly chalk that up to tag-teams not being a big priority to Vince, the Usos being related to the Samoans he loves, and Vince almost never paying attention to Smackdown. In their debut they were cutting these kinds of promos, albeit very rough around the edges. There was that period where someone decided to spite-gently caress the Young Bucks by proxy of the Usos by having every other move they do a superkick of a dive, too. But they've always been a pretty good tag-team and talkers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Benne posted:

So what happens when Braun wrestles HHH, takes way too much offense, and beats him in a boring match that nobody will remember in a week? How does that benefit him?

This is the problem with "veteran rub" programs when the veteran in question refuses to admit that he can't go anymore. And boy howdy are we in for a reckoning when HHH (48, to remind y'all) can't go anymore. If you thought Taker falling off a cliff was sudden, you've seen nothing yet.
Triple H usually has the advantage of doing what he wants in matches so hopefully it's just a big spotfest, but with a lot less rest spots for selling. Looking for the moment where Triple H tries to hit Braun with a sledge and he no-sells it to a massive pop.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And also they were slated to be part of what would've been a red hot champs vs. champs match until WWE realized they wanted to fill the card more instead.

Granted on paper WWE didn't book bad matches but I would be deflated too if I was Seth and/or Dean especially since they were both as hot as they have been in a long time as tag champs. Still a shame to see Dean phone it in though. It made me sad.
It doesn't matter to Vince how red-hot something is if Roman can't be involved in something. They've been pushing for a SHIELD reunion for weeks that was derailed by Roman getting sick, they HAD to have a trios match this PPV and there aren't many in the WWE right now as if their first planned reunion against Miz and his goons were anything to go by.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

On a completely unrelated note, I just saw Jason Jordan on his second round UpUpDownDown Madden thingo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZBl9OH_nms

I think I like him. He seems articulate, and has a quiet charm. TJP also seems like less of an arseface than he does on TV.

Why can't WWE get these nice cool people to seem nice and cool on their product? I mean look at how long it took them to get Papa Shango/The Godfather to show his actual personality on screen, exact same issue with The Usos, (who went from always bad to always good when they started being themselves on screen), and those are just two random ones off the top of my head.

Why are Vince and co. so insistent on forcing actually charismatic people into their mould of what they think "should" get over?

I don't think this is not about bad booking, or burying new guys, or paying your dues etc. I truly think it is about them not allowing the wrestlers/performers to be actually entertaining and engaging, and instead making them "be WWE" instead. See the transition from fun and cool CWC to WWE205 live. (although that is muddying the waters with the issues of terrible booking and burying new guys and Vinces tall muscly guy fetish.)
Vince plays EWR just like the rest of us but he has an actual wrestling company to book it with, and just like us, he gets a 50 member roster to book things around and just gets bored of the people he doesn't have interest in and just throws them into random poo poo when most of us just get tired of trying to book a full card.

Can't believe I would ever praise Russo but he never seemed to get bored for good or bad and always wanted everyone on the roster doing SOMETHING even if it was offensive.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't disagree, I was just trying to answer the question. :)

Also like I said I was disappointed in Dean for phoning it in. That doesn't mean it's inexplicable.
As weird as it sounds, Dean would probably be the best person to send back to NXT because he would just get to do a bunch of "blood" feuds with people and wrestle great opponents as opposed to playing the cartoon character that the writing team thinks he is. I remember when he tried to feud with Mick Foley in FCW and got too excited about the idea that Foley pulled out because Dean was getting way too involved in it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is well and good, and I see the truth in all you are saying, but it doesn't answer my question.

Which is: how and why does teh WWE system/WWE TV seem to suck the charisma and likability from performers that seem perfectly likable and charismatic when allowed to be themselves and perform the way they want to.
Easily, because they're playing in Vince McMahon's world and they're playing his characters. It's just like in Hollywood where great actors can be in lovely movies and look awful then pull the performance of a lifetime out three years removed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NowonSA posted:

I watched it, it was fun to learn about her history and see all the photos and video of her growing up. I was also impressed with how far she's come given that she didn't have a wrestling or independent background, I felt she was more than holding her own with Charlotte out there and Charlotte's someone who grew up surrounded by wrestling and with more experience. Certainly someone to keep an eye on going forward, though I expect her to lose the title in the near future. Hopefully she gets some fun stuff to do while not being champ when that happens.
Alexa is naturally good, and while still green is probably only behind Asuka and Becky in terms of natural charisma and trailing behind only Asuka, Becky, Natty, and Charolette in terms of in-ring ability. She came out of NXT as mostly a manager that sometimes wrestles and has picked up on things pretty quick, she reminds me of how fast Kaitlyn picked things up from literally nothing in her NXT season to being one of the best wrestlers in the women's roster in such a short time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Brock Lesner just beat the best wrestler in the history of the industry, but here he is losing to Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania in 2018 and then retiring with his hot wife, beautiful children, and a lifetime supply of Jimmy Johns. The Big Dog transcends sports, entertainment, and even wrestling. Bow Wow. Please cheer for him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

On the one hand, this is happening and Christ it sucks. On the other, this gangrenous endgame has been permeating the product for three loving years and at least in April Vince will FINALLY have executed this moment he needs so loving badly and we can finally move on to SOMETHING, ANYTHING else. I genuinely think the eventual Roman top run will be preferable to this death march towards Roman FINALLY beating Brock when literally no one else can ever ever ever.
Not even close to true, Cena was over on Smackdown before he became "The Guy" and then it was over half a decade of the Super Cena stuff being pushed down everyone's throats at the expense of the whole roster. It's going to happen again once Roman actually goes over but this time the roster he's running through isn't people we don't want to see like Orton or Triple H, it's going to be the roster everyone else would rather see as champion like Styles, Joe, Balor, Owens, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

It'll be different at least, and we won't have the shadow of it hanging over every other bit of booking. What Vince's obsession will be after that who knows, but at least it is likely to be something else
Quote this post after the Roman Empire Era is in year 7 starting at WM next year

• Locked thread