Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jason Jordan?
This poll is closed.
I feel sorry for the guy 27 14.14%
He deserved it 9 4.71%
155 81.15%
Total: 191 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Raw has Stephanie and Triple H being gigantic pricks to Kurt and the Raw wrestlers.
SmackDown launched a sneak attack on people who did nothing to deserve it and Shane is being a complete jackass.

Whoooo the gently caress am I supposed to root for, here.

Can I root for "Cena and Kurt go gently caress this and lead everybody else in beating up their corporate overlords"?

I'm gonna root for that.

Also goddamn I wanna root for Jordan but he is a bad loving promo.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, this is gonna lead to Jason Jordan beating HHH in a singles match, so.

Look forward to that, I guess? Or don't. I'm ambivalent about it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

I see that WWE has managed to always bad Jason Jordan. Remember when he was part of a great tag team and was a great hot tag who was backed up by a way more charismatic performer? Why won't WWE just let people do what they are good at?

The ceiling for Jordan wasn't as high as some of the other NXT callups but he's probably near the top of the list in terms of how bad they've hosed him. Even in American Alpha they didn't do poo poo with them.

Had some real good TV matches with the Usos, though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They weren't like, Bayley or Balor or Nakamura hot, but American Alpha was a pretty hot act when they came up, dude. Please don't Always Bad Jason Jordan, he was good once.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nothing better summarizes American Alpha on the main roster than them having a great TV main event match with the Usos that constantly gets cut away from to show shots of Shane McMahon walking down a hallway.

Gumball Gumption posted:

know what would be the most WWE thing? Splitting the Usos and only giving one of them a singles run.

I dunno whether they'd quit or call their family to come beat the poo poo out of Vince, but I know it'd be one of those two things.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dude American Alpha was loving AMAZING and WWE is idiotic for breaking them up. We're talking about different things. The segment tonight is only an indirect referendum on that. In a match that's supposed to be super important I will never criticize replacing an absolute dead in the water act with a big star that will pop the crowd and IMO add significantly more intrigue into how the match plays out.

I wanna argue that there was some potential for Jordan to get over by pulling a 2014 Ziggler in this match, but, he's not going anywhere as long as he has this anchor of a story around his neck, so whatever.

Fact is, it doesn't matter how good his wrestling is (pretty drat good) or how good his promos are (pretty drat bad), this My Black Son story is just loving poison and I don't know why WWE is still trying with it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MotU posted:

also he should have had a slightly smaller cowboy hat that said DEPUTY

If they'd done extremely corny poo poo like this, it probably would've gotten over better. The best part of this whole thing was when Jordan threw produce at Elias. Which was by far the most cornball part of all of it.

RealFoxy posted:

Dean Ambrose could bounce back because he has both an indy reputation to lean back on and the SHIELD which, with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were the hottest acts of the last 10 years. Jason Jordan was a pretty much nobody pulled up from NXT and unless someone can pull a miracle out of him like Smackdown did for Tyler Breeze, he's just kind of on his way to being a higher profile Tye Dillenger fuckup. Called up and separated from what he was over with, unable to show why he was ever over, and then dropped and forgotten because McMahon and the main roster booking crew got bored.

Doesn't hurt that Dean Ambrose is legit one of the best talkers in the company when he gets going. The dude can bounce back from garbage essentially an infinite number of times because the second he's given something he can sink his teeth into, he's gonna turn back into the Jon Moxley Is Gonna loving Kill You guy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Maybe this is just 'cause I haven't been watching week-to-week for more than about 18 months at this point so I totally missed poo poo like the Reign of Terror and the Authority but I feel like you guys are super overreacting on HHH. He's won, like, twice, in the last four years.

It just seems super obvious to me that he's in the "put people over" phase of his career and this is gonna lead to him losing to Jason Jordan. Then again, it was super obvious to me that he was gonna lose to Seth and I remember some of you guys thinking he'd win that match too, sooooo. :shrug:

Also, hey, they shortened that India thing to one show! What's that mean?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Two out of three of those things were good as gently caress and Sting shoulda fought harder for it if he wanted to get the W. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The rest of the New Day backing up a singles champ Big E would be cool.

Okay, but this idea is stupid and I'm gonna fix it.

WWE Champion Big E
Universal Champion Kofi Kingston
Cruiserweight Champion Xavier Woods
Intercontinental Champion Xavier Woods
United States Champion Kofi Kingston
Raw Tag Team Champions Big E and Kofi Kingston
SmackDown Tag Team Champions Big E and Xavier Woods

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

He and Stephanie (more Stephanie) are so often hegemonic figures on TV who get their comeuppance once a year at most. Is he going to lose to Jason Jordan or is he going to face Angle at WM? I think it's more likely Jason Jordan ends up as HHH's lackey than HHH has a PPV singles match with him.

HHH got Sockoed by Mick Foley for about six seconds. That was neat.

Stephanie, I totally get why people hate her, because she's there every stinking week doing the same crap, but HHH at least seems to have figured out that he should use himself more sparingly in the past year and a half or so and I think that makes a difference.

And, I dunno, I could be wrong. But the course I see here is "Team Raw loses" > "HHH beats Kurt Angle in a match." > "Jason Jordan beats HHH". I think they're high on Jordan and thy're gonna try and give him a boost by having HHH put him over in some fashion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

This is like her 3rd appearance since Wrestlemania

Yeah and this is the only tangible break from TV she's taken since...when?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rhonne posted:

I don't see how you could possibly think Jason Jordan beating HHH would happen after the way the crowd has turned on him so hard.

Uhhhhhhh.

Did you. See Wrestlemania 32?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

What loving show are you watching VJeff where HHH isn't putting himself over? He doesn't do it year round like Stephanie, and she's probably overall worse for the product, but the last three years it's been the same thing:

HHH makes sporadic appearances and teases returning around November/December

He returns in January for the peak business season

He starts a feud with a hot main event babyface, because he's bigger and better than any of the full time heels

He punks out upper midcarders for two months

He finally puts over the baby face in a slog of a match at Mania while the announcers put over how strong and resilient he is

And sometimes he doesn't even put the babyface over! And while all this is going on the announcers spend three months telling us how HHH and Shawn invented the Attitude era. This has been the last three Manias and it's mind boggling to me people still buy into the Cool NXT Paul act, it's transparent.

Yeah so when I said "overreacting", this is what I meant.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I realize you're new to wrestling but believe it or not you aren't the first one to start the "HHH loses all his big matches guys!" conversation in the last ten years and he's won four world championships and a Rumble since.

Look, if you're sick of HHH, you're sick of the guy and I can't do anything about that and I respect that that's how you feel. I'm not even a big fan of this segment, 'cause I was kinda hoping Jordan might do something that got him jumpstarted as a babyface at Survivor Series. But when somebody goes "eh, this is probably an upgrade on balance" and the response is like two-plus pages of ranting on how it's completely impossible to like HHH without being a retard baby idiot and listing all these poo poo angles he's ever been involved in and just what an absolute scumsucking fuckbag he is and how there's absolutely nothing redeemable about the dude or his career?

I think it's overreacting a bit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dimebags Brain posted:

On one hand Triple H realy really sucks.

On the other:

From the motions here, he's clearly digging something up, not burying something. Wow, you guys have been mischaracterizing The Game for years and I would like an apology on his behalf.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

How many people have had a feud with Bray and not been hurt by it? Roman Reigns?

Seth found his footing as a babyface by losing twice to Bray Wyatt. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

When was the last time someone even walked away from a Triple H feud looking better? The Seth face turn was an awful build and match. Roman lost the belt, Dean got buried, and then Roman got the belt back to the same boos. The Authority vs Roman was very very very bad. I really don't think "He puts over the babyface" works because the last few times he has shown up the feud was bad and the baby face was probably Roman.

Dean didn't get buried by HHH, dude, that's 100% Lesnar.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean if the point we've arrived at is they should've put Dean over at that space in time, you'll hear no arguments from me. But I thought Dean vs. HHH was really good and easily the best singles match he's had with any of the Shield.

Blaise330 posted:

Ziggler, Kane, and Bray in a 3 way feud to see who gets buried worst would be neat. Throw in a bunch of occult stuff and a love angle.

Finally, my Kane/Bray OTP comes true.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ragnarok the Red posted:

HHH has already crossed the Jericho line where beating him at Mania doesn’t really give someone a rub anymore because he’s lost so much people just know he’s going to again unless he’s facing a former WCW main eventer.

The world is ready for HHH vs. Vince Russo at Wrestlemania.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I got to see Braun Strowman sell Shane McMahon's punches. Holy poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The root problem in the HHH/Rollins feud was Roman?

(That build being awful was on Rollins too, in fairness to HHH)

The Seth face turn was horribly mistimed and led to a janky, terrible feud because they didn't turn him face when he came back from injury when he was indisputably at his most over. They didn't turn him face so he could, wait for it, be a heel against Roman.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

All babyfaces are neutral towards all other babyfaces, even if they've had bloodfeuds before one of them turned.

Daniel Bryan loving hated AJ Styles back at Mania season and now he's being his pitchman for Survivor Series.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"They might be back next week. They may never be back." = "They might not be brought back."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rhonne posted:

the Shield shouldn't all be ganging up on a 47 year old Shane McMahon.

Eh, I think we can let this slide, honestly.

Blaise330 posted:

2nd year in a row Bayley has done a gang beatdown on Becky. But to be fair, that's how all Becky's friends treat her.

Now hold on. Last year, Bayley didn't actually do anything. She stomped air. Review the footage. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Paige will be on the SmackDown women's team.

It's also possible she might not be on the SmackDown women's team.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

We'll see I guess. I do think the problem here though is that if WWE wants to preserve Asuka's undefeated streak, Paige will have to lose in her re-debut match, which will probably piss off a decent number of people. On the other hand, if they have Paige and the rest of Team Smackdown go over the RAW team, it'll kill the undefeated streak storyline dead in the water for Asuka.

Eh. Rusev and Strowman went into these with undefeated streaks, got counted out and nobody cared.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sanguinia posted:

I feel like I should be incredibly excited for New Day vs The Shield and AJ vs Brock if nothing else, to the point of thinking about resubbing to see them. But I'm just... not.

AJ is the strongest booked wrestler in the company besides Roman and Brock, maybe even more so than Roman. New Day is a success of popularity, charisma, talent and strong booking on the same level as The Shield and The Wyatts before them, and are the only set of three on the current roster that could even potentially be set up as rivaling or equaling The Shield. Those matches should be clashes of the titans with a ton of intrigue behind them, my head tells me those two should be enough to draw me to the card. But I just can't make myself believe they'll be anything but huge disappointments. Before I've always maintained that kernel of hope that'd I'd be wrong, but I don't feel that kernel at all.

Hey if anything is a virtual lock to be worth resubbing for, it's a Takeover weekend. Saturday is always awesome and anything on Sunday that doesn't suck is gravy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sanguinia posted:

I'm sure Usos vs Bar will be a stellar wrestling match, a match of the year candidate without a shadow of a doubt. I was a lot more excited at the prospect of Usos vs Dean/Seth because I saw it as a parallel between Revival vs Joe/Finn; a match that really shines the light on the Tag Division by putting the best Dedicated Tag Team either roster has to offer up against two Main Eventers who work well as a tag team but their success is more by dint of their overwhelming individual talent, a la The Brothers Of Destruction. I would have been far more invested in the outcome of that match.

Despite their incredible ability to perform in matches I find it hard to care about The Bar because booking has cut off their momentum so many times that their maintained push feels artificial to me at this point. Them fighting the Usos took what I felt was a match with massive implications for both sides and leaves it feeling like just another Undercard Bout with little if any stakes despite it's potential to be a fantastic wrestling match. However, I fully acknowledge that's just my personal feeling and don't blame anyone feeling hype for it.

Brock/AJ and New Day/Shield are different. I can't even DEVELOP that hype for those even though inside I feel like I should be. I think I allowed myself to get that hype for Usos/Seth and Dean because it was "unimportant," enough in the eyes of the higher ups for the stakes it implied to play out and sync with the near-certain quality of the wrestling. But I can get that feeling for those two matches because they ARE important because they involve Brock and Roman, and so I can only expect three possible outcomes, the same three outcomes every match that even TOUCHES either of them has had for years: 1) Great wrestling with a disappointing and upsetting ending to inflate Brock and Roman by damaging other guys I like 2) Great wrestling with a wet fart ending that helps nobody and sours all the good work done or 3) Wrestling that falls short of expectations/hopes that ALSO ends badly.

I think I've just been burned too often.

You're pretty much totally bang on about everything, here and articulated super well why it felt like kind of a ripoff (to me at least) to switch out the Shield for the Bar. Usos/Bar is still gonna be great, I'm sure, but that Shield match just felt like it was gonna go that extra mile. Against my better judgment, though, I'm still excited about, at the least, Usos/Bar, Shield/New Day and AJ/Brock, I just think there's too much talent involved there for it to not be great. In the case of the latter, I imagine the ending will be a big ol' wet fart, for sure, but I'm just kinda resigned to that and whatever we get, it's gonna be way better than what we would've gotten with Jinder.

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I want Brock to continually try to suplex AJ but he keeps flipping and landing on his feet and Brock gets really mad about it.

This is why I really wanted Neville/Brock to happen someday, because it would have the added bonus of Neville deadlift suplexing Brock immediately after.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I kinda felt like Ellsworth was toast after he cut that "Hey, gently caress women." promo.

I mean hey, he lasted a year, he got to walk down the ramp at WrestleMania, he was in the Rumble, he got Braun counted out at Survivor Series...he had a good run.

Best of all, he doesn't have to work for WWE anymore!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
By the way with the benfit of hindsight I can say with 100% certainty that Ellsworth should've won the championship last year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ellsworth is released while Enzo has a belt. hosed up, imo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8tzZJ7D8ws

Bayley's taste in video games was always good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JamMasterJim posted:

And Mahal's only clean victory was like against Mojo Reiley. Yet he was champ for 6 months.

I think the Singh's interfered against Mojo.

His only completely 100% clean, no Singh interference win was Tye Dillinger, I believe.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

James was cool and all but come on guys. This is not a big chin.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HerraS posted:

Punk became loving miserable because he just wanted his drat Wrestlemania main event, good on the Bucks to realize working for this trash company isnt the promised land of wrestling

To be fair, five years ago when Punk was killing himself to get that main event, it was a very different scene outside of WWE.

But yeah, Punk should be a cautionary tale to anybody who starts thinking that way -- you can do everything in your power to get there and if Vince doesn't have a boner for you, you'll never get it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Hardys were having a really good run that was only derailed by injuries, first to the Revival, then to them. They're not as dead as you guys think they are.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

They never really managed again to get the pop they got on their return, and the reason for that was crowds were like "this is fine stuff, but..." as they waited for the other shoe to drop. It never did.

Not saying they weren't over. They were. But once it seemed clear the broken thing wasn't happening, crowds tempered their enthusiasm.

They never managed to get a "surprise return in a championship match at Wrestlemania" pop again once they were on TV every week? Ya don't say. Somehow I don't think that hinges on whether they're Broken or not.

Also, like...does anybody actually want the Broken stuff to show up in WWE, after what they've done with Bray and Balor? I always thought the charm of the Broken stuff was that the characters were taking it seriously but it was being done in a very overtly ridiculous way, when in WWE, it'd be....not that. Dad Hardys who sometimes say the meme words but mostly just have good matches seems like a far superior alternative to whatever the WWE version of Broken Hardys would be.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

This may be news to you, but the Hardyz were around for a while, and they left and the company moved on quite easily, crowds included. Maybe not Jeff, but the point is people were not really clamoring for "what if Matt and Jeff came back and acted like it was 2000 again???"

The Broken gimmick got them noticed, it got them paid, and it very much was part of the reason people lost their poo poo when they returned. Unless you just want to pretend entire arenas weren't screaming "DELETE DELETE DELETE" for their first month back.

Again, I'm not saying they weren't red hot when they came back. But with each passing week, people were growing concerned all they were getting was another Dudleys run.

I understand that. I'm not saying the Broken stuff isn't what made them huge again. I'm saying Broken or not, they would've inevitably lost steam from what was probably the biggest moment at the biggest show for WWE this entire year. And I'm gonna go a step further and say they probably would've lost more steam because the WWE version of Broken wouldn't be nearly as good as what it was before or what it will be after they're done with this run. I feel fairly confident that the Hardys acting like it's 2000 again is better than whatever Broken would be in the WWE.

And, I didn't see most of the Dudleys run but didn't they lose, like, a lot? The Hardys have mostly been kept decently strong and got a solid run with the championships, something the Dudleys never got.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm not saying the Hardys are not over. I'm saying that they had the most popular gimmick in the industry, joined WWE at the height of that popularity, and WWE didn't take advantage of that because they didn't want to set a legal precedent that would keep them from taking advantage of wrestlers in the future. All of that is probably in the Bucks mind when they think of reasons why they shouldn't join the WWE.

Absolutely no disagreement there. WWE and TNA are bad companies that do bad things and the Bucks are good and smart. I only draw umbrage with the idea that the Hardy Dadz have been booked poorly, that they're just a random tag team or that people don't care about them, because that seems to just be a sentiment based on the idea that they haven't been in a steady program in a while, when that's easily traceable to injuries rather than creative malfeasance or stagnation of the talent themselves.

Basically, I like the Hardys and I think this run has been cool and good and that Iron Man match was a loving banger. That's all. :shrug:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait a second...

*Writes GSB*
*Switches B and S*
:monocle:

• Locked thread