Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I'm in!

Edit:

Likes: I absolutely love behind-the-scenes / making-of books, although I own very few. I just read the Heaven's Gate making-of recently, to give you an idea.

- Favorite movies are Ghostbusters (duh), the Godfather trilogy, Heat, 3:10 to Yuma (both), Scream, Halloween, RoboCop, Alien, Prometheus ... basically, I have a huge boner for Ridley Scott. Also, I lived in Baltimore for a year, love Homicide: Life on the Street, and am a sucker for anything about that city's history.

Dislikes: I don't do T-shirts or other stuff along those lines. Also, please do not send alcohol, because it will get poured down the drain.

Timby fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Santees should watch for packages in the next few days!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

My Santee's gifts have been ordered! One part should arrive this friday, and the rest next week.

Are you my Santa?

Bonus: Iris approves.

Thank you, Santa!

(Edit: Yes, I spend time during unemployment doing crosswords. Shut up.)

Timby fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 14, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GonSmithe posted:

I have that knife sharpener, it's insanely good for a non-whetstone sharpener. My new knife I got recently hasn't event gotten close to dull using that and a honing steel.

My primary knife is a santoku from a Chicago Steel set my parents gave me, like, six years ago. Yeah, yeah knife sets, and it's not like I asked for the drat thing, but it's worked pretty well ... but I cooked a whole chicken maybe two or three weeks ago, and I had trouble breaking it down despite having recently sharpened it with my lovely-rear end sharpener and honing steel that really just needs to get replaced. I'm looking forward to using this on my santoku, my giant lovely knife and my bread knife.

And, you know, Logan loving owns.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Franchescanado posted:

I need a new crossword book because the one I got is too smart for me.

This one is incredibly punishing (and oddly esoteric). Crosswords Cum Laude edited by Patrick Berry, picked it up for like three bucks at Half Price Books.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Indeed! There's one last thing coming that should arrive next week.

Oh, wow, thank you. My wife grumped a bit when she got home because she was planning on getting me Logan as a stocking-stuffer but once she saw the sharpener she was pretty happy. That was an awesome surprise after a day of lovely job phone screens.

Franchescanado posted:

I got a GREAT book of Will Shortz puzzles that were "beginner friendly", I guess. It was above average on the challenge level that were chosen to teach the ways to approach the puzzles. It was difficult, but I could solve them. My friend really liked it, so I ended up giving it to her. Now I forget the collection's title.

I replaced it with this book and I can't even finish one. :(

Honestly, those Dell books they sell for a few bucks at the supermarket checkout lines (the ones you find next to, like, the Archie comics) are pretty good. I have a stack of four or five of them and I'm still going through one from June. Also, I don't know where you are, but most alternative publications--as in an arts + entertainment tabloid--will have a crossword from King Features or something along those lines.

Timby fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 15, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Just received "Eat What You Watch: A Cookbook for Movie Lovers." I'd post a photo but my phone is being a dickwolf.

Thank you mysterious benefactor!

Edit: Oh, the receipt was in the inside cover. Your other part arrived early, BSS!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MacheteZombie posted:

Thank you Santa!

Sorry for the terrible phone photo

Merry Christmas, bud.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wow, thank you to my other Santa!

I hadn't realized the Mead book had come out -- I can't wait to dig into it.

Also, I'm glad to know that's where the art on my phone's lock screen comes from:

Edit: My wife gave me my gift early. I got a train. :3:

Timby fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 19, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

feedmyleg posted:

You've still gone one thing coming.

Guessing that was the Blu-ray of Hairspray I got tonight?

Honestly, I've never seen much of John Waters, but I know that Waters is quintessential Baltimore, and given how much I miss that city ... this was perfect. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Thank you Santa!

I loved the look on the mailman's face when he walked up to me (while i was reading a Mao Tsetung biography on my front porch) and scanned and handed me a package addressed to 'Lil Mama Im Sorry'. I haven't seen either of these movies and im def gonna share these bourgie chocolates with the misses when she gets here on Thursday.

The Producers is top-tier Zero Mostel.

• Locked thread